College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

The "random inspirational thingy" in lieu of a NOB fad needs to stop. I understand the desire to clown these kids up for marketing purposes, but give me a break with this :censored: .

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Hawaii wore their green jerseys for the first time this season (of the current UA design) this past Saturday. Since Norm Chow became the head coach, he removed the player's names from the back of the jersey and for this past game had "Imua" in its place (Hawaiian for "go forward") in huge honking letters. I also noticed that the under shirt has the "tattoo" design on the sleeves, just like the shoulders and odd pants panel.

20121013-new-mexico-0250_dsc0342.jpg

20121013-new-mexico-0592_dsc9133.jpg

*Photos from the Nakoa website.

Those nameplates are so large, it's evil.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Hawaii could look so much worse for a team outfitted by Under Armour. That's not a completely terrible design. The back-of-the-leg stripes bother me but overall it's decent.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Hawaii wore their green jerseys for the first time this season (of the current UA design) this past Saturday. Since Norm Chow became the head coach, he removed the player's names from the back of the jersey and for this past game had "Imua" in its place (Hawaiian for "go forward") in huge honking letters. I also noticed that the under shirt has the "tattoo" design on the sleeves, just like the shoulders and odd pants panel.

And that green is entirely too dark.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

And that green is entirely too dark.

im not the biggest fan of green, but i like Hawaii's. its the black that kills the palette for me

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I've disliked every Hawaii uniform since they dropped the rainbows. Way too fake-tuff... but I guess that's what you get when you decide to run from your traditional brand because you're afraid 17 year old recruits will associate it with being gay.

:rolleyes:

p4Ut2be.png

I've disliked every Hawaii uniform since they dropped the rainbows. Way too fake-tuff... but I guess that's what you get when you decide to run from your traditional brand because you're afraid 17 year old recruits will associate it with being gay.

:rolleyes:

You have to admit, a public institution having an EWWWWW GAY moment is kind of strange in this day and age.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Since UA took over Hawai'i, the Warriors have looked like complete dog :censored:. Its just sad. Best Uniforms were the Last part of the Chang era and the early Colt Brennan era. I didn't enjoy the white with silver #s with silver pants unis either.

spacer.png

If the helmet had a matching stripe, that look would be perfect.

If the Hokies used this helmet than this would be the best set of the weekend.

107564217_crop_650x440.jpg?1292818799

That's a great uniform and they could wear all different combos of colors but keep the stripes that match throughout because it looks great. The helmet they are going to wear is completely disconnected from the rest of the uni.

Personally, I don't mind that they dropped the rainbows, because the current logo is one of the best in college sports and the Chang-era uniforms were iconic.

sports13_b.jpg

Definitely liked these, but I also liked the Rainbows. Either one would be a massive upgrade from what they wear now.

It's like Virginia Tech will be one or two elements away from having a perfect, consistent uniform and PURPOSELY ruin it!

They always leave the stripes off the white pants, or the helmet, use a funky decal, etc.

I hate, hate, hate what they do. I hate it.

You are not the only one that hates their combinations. IMO they have the best looking uniform set in the NCAA, but like you said, they fail to execute their look week in and week out. It is so damn frustrating to see them fall short of perfection so many times.

spacer.png

Virginia Tech should stay as close to traditional uniforms as possible because they have unique colors and will never be mistaken for anyone else. Leave the side-panels and piping to all the red & white or black & yellow schools.

On 10/17/2012 at 2:47 PM, thespleenenator said:
On 10/17/2012 at 3:22 AM, kylenotryan said:

Yeah, what do they do when a last name has more than about five letters?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived