College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Another OK State helmet.

imageuploadedbytapatalk.jpg

Finally, Oklahoma State gets an orange helmet and it's freaking sweet!

See the problem is it looks good from this distance, but then in the game I couldn't tell what the hell it was until they showed a close up of a player wearing it. And then I could tell what it was. The hat part of the logo is totally lost being the same color as the shell. Just a muddled look.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A5rHeMhCEAAeW7R.jpg

Northwestern - awesome

Never again please. You know what woulda looked great?

NU_2012_C_BP.jpg

Disagree, flip it - black helmet with awesome logo, purple home uni, black pants. Bam. Great look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why is Toledo using Tennessee's intelocking UT logo on their helmets tonight?

I'm not watching the game and haven't seen any pics. Is it anything like this?

3pqvzneasr3fam5r0r5r27jd9.gif

IJYKMZESZKPVQVG.20121021035832.jpg

That looks more like Texas' interlocking UT.

no, i'm thinking Indiana's but with a line at the top to look like a t.

spacer.png

Texas wearing white cleats at home, can't remember the last time they've done this. Doesn't look bad at all, I just prefer the black at home.

Im assuming it's a superstition thing?

I know they did it through the 2004 season. I think the white looks MUCH better personally.

532760_10151105875359677_1217948410_n.jpg

The funny thing with Boise State is this is not necessarily BFBS.

It is the definition of BFBS. Black isn't a school color. They have no history of wearing black. They have absolutely no reason to wear black other than to "look cool." This is the middle of their second season with the "no triple blue at home" and they have done just fine with other combos so they didn't need a new uniform to comply with that rule. BFBS, plain and simple.

Here's the Texas logo:

50102_851_detail.gif

And here the Indiana logo:

IndianaLogo.gif

But I swear I've seen a Texas logo that looks more like the one on the Toldeo picture.

A5rHeMhCEAAeW7R.jpg

Northwestern - awesome

This should be the first slide in a presentation titled, "How to completely screw up a logo: A guide for graphic designers."

Could you explain what you mean by this. It seems a bit hyperbolic to me. I mean, I don't ever want to see that helmet or logo again, but I don't get why it's such an affront to good design. Seems like the exact same idea behind the Mizzou alt helmet.

I think you got to his point without even realizing it.

It IS the same thought behind that NW helmet as the Mizzou helmet. However it's the execution that is lacking. Mizzou's tiger head is a pretty well done logo. This Northwestern cat is ugly. All of the elements in the mouth are rounded, but everything else on the cat is jagged. That's one example, but there's a lot lacking in the execution of that logo.

But it appears like he's saying that they took a good logo and ruined it, which i don't get. Either the logo is bad, and they made it look slightly worse or the logo was good and is now worse (and I'm not even sure it's all that worse...). Either way, I don't get how that was a case of "completely ruining". Like I said, I only want to ever see the purple helmet with the white N, but I just think the comment is a tad hyperbolic, unless I'm not getting something.

TCU went purple chrome/black/black

534671_10151203498922940_1079610693_n.jpg

560706_10151203498837940_1352554513_n.jpg

md3Qu.St.58.jpeg

Growing up in Fort Worth and now being a Red Raider, yesterday's game was hard on the eyes. I'd been looking forward to seeing these teams duke it out for a long time and all I could see watching TCU was Nike's stupid gimmicks ruining what should've been a decent looking game. Tech's unis are also less than perfect but that's expected from UA

Midway.png

Here's the Texas logo:

50102_851_detail.gif

And here the Indiana logo:

IndianaLogo.gif

But I swear I've seen a Texas logo that looks more like the one on the Toldeo picture.

It's actually Toledo's logo from the 60's. Before the 1980s or so, pretty much every school's logo was either a varsity block letter or varsity block monogram. Ohio also had a OU monogram like Oklahoma's, Western Michigan used the same W that Wisconsin and Washington did at the time, and Miami (and pretty much every school with an M in its name) used the block M that we all associate with Michigan now.

But it appears like he's saying that they took a good logo and ruined it, which i don't get. Either the logo is bad, and they made it look slightly worse or the logo was good and is now worse (and I'm not even sure it's all that worse...). Either way, I don't get how that was a case of "completely ruining". Like I said, I only want to ever see the purple helmet with the white N, but I just think the comment is a tad hyperbolic, unless I'm not getting something.

For one, the cat was ripped from the N. Ive never actually seen the cat used on its own before, so it's a hack job.

Secondly, the Mizzou helmet in question is in done in a one-color gold and comes off as polished. This NW helmet looks like someone went into the Layer Effects window in Photoshop and then added a white stroke to the design and then added a dark drop shadow on top of that.

Archived