College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what, we know UF and FSU will both look good. Go Gators....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEP9eICdNQ

LOL!!! What brain surgeon decided to put the Ed Reed, of the MIAMI HURRICANES, speech in that! Oh silly gators!

He's just paying respect to the best of the three programs. ;)

I wouldn't recognize Ed Reed's voice if I heard it. I don't know who made the video. Which part is Ed Reed?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

No matter what, we know UF and FSU will both look good. Go Gators....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEP9eICdNQ

LOL!!! What brain surgeon decided to put the Ed Reed, of the MIAMI HURRICANES, speech in that! Oh silly gators!

He's just paying respect to the best of the three programs. ;)

I wouldn't recognize Ed Reed's voice if I heard it. I don't know who made the video. Which part is Ed Reed?

The part that started "Joanquin (Gonzalez) said domintae". Ray Lewis audio is also in there.

FSU2.gif

A8FIxXVCYAAymR-.jpg

I like the graphic, and I think the map is a nice background element, but that contrast stitching... I've just never been a fan of it. Looks dated to me. Isn't that how Under Armour did their shirts when they first came out over a decade ago? I do wish the numerals on Army's uniforms were gold, maybe even with a subtle map graphic in them, but I'm fine with the map detail only being part of the black stripes and the undershirt, too.

I wonder what map is on Army. It looks cool. Navy isn't all that great from what I see

I think it's a map in relation to D Day or some other World War II battle. I'm not sure how clear those numbers will be though. I guess Navy is trying to go with the pilot theme this year. Last years numbers were better. And since there are tons of old Army jerseys back there how can I get one?

It's not a pilot theme. It's supposed to mimic the Navy's white dress uniform. I've never liked the colored sleeve caps or the colored collar on this style of uniform, but it works really well here. The blue strips that connect the two and the gold detailing on the shoulders and cuffs makes the whole design element purposeful. Color blocking the panels for the sake of it has never been my thing.

I can see how the helmet is supposed to look like the cap, but it doesn't work for me, at least not as well as it should. The design in the helmet also looks very similar to adidas' team cleats for this season:

578963_10152296568860249_1709545208_n.jpg

Those helmets are pretty awesome. I alsio love the number font that Navy is using on those uniforms. Anyone know the name of it.

It is the lettering and numerals they stencil on aircraft, vehicles, et al. I think this is a great move. I've long thought they should give this type of lettering a try, though I really liked the drop shadowed carrier-style numerals from last year's special uniform.

This is an old photo, but you can see the lettering and numerals that appear on Navy aircraft there:

McDonnell-Douglas-F-4-Phantom-II-294.preview.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I wonder what map is on Army. It looks cool. Navy isn't all that great from what I see

I think it's a map in relation to D Day or some other World War II battle. I'm not sure how clear those numbers will be though. I guess Navy is trying to go with the pilot theme this year. Last years numbers were better. And since there are tons of old Army jerseys back there how can I get one?

It's a map of the Battle of the Bulge I wouldn't be surprised if the map came from here, the West Point history department. They've actually self-produced tactical and campaign maps for various conflicts throughout history. For the military history buffs out there, they've made some really good atlases from these maps.

It's not a pilot theme. It's supposed to mimic the Navy's white dress uniform. I've never liked the colored sleeve caps or the colored collar on this style of uniform, but it works really well here. The blue strips that connect the two and the gold detailing on the shoulders and cuffs makes the whole design element purposeful. Color blocking the panels for the sake of it has never been my thing.

The one thing I don't like about the uniform as a whole are the signal flags on the helmet. If the uniform is supposed to look like the choker whites (or summer whites), why the signal flags? That would work better with a ship-themed uniform, since flags aren't worn on any uniforms (except flight suits, which have US flags on them). Still, I'm taking credit for their inclusion.

I can see how the helmet is supposed to look like the cap, but it doesn't work for me, at least not as well as it should.

It is the lettering and numerals they stencil on aircraft, vehicles, et al. I think this is a great move. I've long thought they should give this type of lettering a try, though I really liked the drop shadowed carrier-style numerals from last year's special uniform.

This is an old photo, but you can see the lettering and numerals that appear on Navy aircraft there:

Photo of the mighty F-4 Phantom.

I think the helmet is a little weird too. But such is the modern college football landscape, I guess. The one thing I don't like is that the anchor insignia is backwards. The bitter end of the rope on the anchor should always face aft (that's towards the rear, for you landlubbers). Flip that and it will at least be reflective of the actual uniform standards.

I agree that the drop shadow on the numbers last year was a pretty cool touch. (Again, I'm taking credit :P)

And finally, I dig the Phantom Photo, but it would look better if you'd chosen the Greatest Fighter Squadron in the History of Aviation...

F-4Bs_VF-41_launching_from_USS_Independence_(CVA-62)_1965.jpg

Grunge-Logos.png

A8G-k-BCMAEXiJn.jpg

See, this is what I'm talking about, buckeyes on collar, black NOB, pants that look white, helmet that looks black at angles, numbers that look too shiney and color changing at angle = a uniform that could very much suck...

I agree that this pretty much sucks! Wow! It is shiny and it must be better! Wrong!

spacer.png

A8G-k-BCMAEXiJn.jpg

See, this is what I'm talking about, buckeyes on collar, black NOB, pants that look white, helmet that looks black at angles, numbers that look too shiney and color changing at angle = a uniform that could very much suck...

I agree that this pretty much sucks! Wow! It is shiny and it must be better! Wrong!

Without all the chrome and shine it would be great and connect more with the history it's supposed to reflect but this is just Nike being Nike and tosu not standing up an saying no either come back with something less 80's hair bandish or we will just wear our regular traditional unis

Archived