College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Georgia has been selling black fashion jerseys since c. 2002. I'm not sure why Nike would have just added that, if it did, but I promise Georgia will be in red tomorrow.

I offer no comment as to what UGa will wear tomorrow, but those are pro combat with tackle twill numbers (ie def not the same as the old black fashion Georgia jerseys).

How are they Pro Combat? They are neither the Pro Combat or Speed Machine templates. They are just the standard cut jersey with twill numbers.

Yeah. And the jersey number is 8. Georgia has not sold 8 jerseys in this year's selection. Dawgs will be in red.

I will say, there was never word on whether or not the black pants from 2009 were trashed, so if those still exist Richt could easily say "okkkaaayyy" and yank em out. Also, Richt said earlier this year he's not opposed to ordering new uniforms with different combinations as long as it's not done in surprise fashion. I'm expecting new uniforms next year

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia has been selling black fashion jerseys since c. 2002. I'm not sure why Nike would have just added that, if it did, but I promise Georgia will be in red tomorrow.

I offer no comment as to what UGa will wear tomorrow, but those are pro combat with tackle twill numbers (ie def not the same as the old black fashion Georgia jerseys).

How are they Pro Combat? They are neither the Pro Combat or Speed Machine templates. They are just the standard cut jersey with twill numbers.

Look at the shape of the shoulder material. Those are pro combat (but not speed machine) template.

Yeah. And the jersey number is 8. Georgia has not sold 8 jerseys in this year's selection. Dawgs will be in red.

I will say, there was never word on whether or not the black pants from 2009 were trashed, so if those still exist Richt could easily say "okkkaaayyy" and yank em out. Also, Richt said earlier this year he's not opposed to ordering new uniforms with different combinations as long as it's not done in surprise fashion. I'm expecting new uniforms next year

Again, I never offered comment on what Georgia was going to wear. Just telling you what I see with regards to these on nike's website.

I've never liked the black pants with red jersey look. I've seen pics from a game in the 90s and I didn't like it. I think what would be a cool way to embrace the blackout would be to force Tech into their colored tops. Bust out the red lids, white jerseys and black pants! That would be a cool look since they likely have no black jerseys. So long as the black helmets are gone!

Yellow-white-yellow? I can dig it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FMyY4.St.58.jpeg

really not feeling that chrome helmet for TCU. thought it might grow on me, but i like it less and less each time i see it. it dosent have the right feel for them. their uniform is very simple and has a utilitarian quality to it. its a "no glitz, all work" look finished off nicely with the stencil block numbers. the chrome helmet has the complete opposite vibe to it

I agree with you on this. There are some helmets that look ok chrome, but some colors, like this purple and the Michigan State chrome lids, look like Christmas ornaments. Kids toys.

Mike Leach just salvaged his debut season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FMyY4.St.58.jpeg

really not feeling that chrome helmet for TCU. thought it might grow on me, but i like it less and less each time i see it. it dosent have the right feel for them. their uniform is very simple and has a utilitarian quality to it. its a "no glitz, all work" look finished off nicely with the stencil block numbers. the chrome helmet has the complete opposite vibe to it

I agree with you on this. There are some helmets that look ok chrome, but some colors, like this purple and the Michigan State chrome lids, look like Christmas ornaments. Kids toys.

As somebody who's seen them in person every game they've been worn, I disagree. From a seat in the stadium, they aren't much shinier than a gloss metallic helmet and the shade of purple matches TCU's dark purple (unlike the green MSU used). I still prefer TCU's standard lids though. To each their own.

Arizona has red helmets, red shirt, and red pants. ASSU in black helmet, white jersey, and black pants.

I believe this is the first time Arizona is wearing a red helmet.

Nope, it's not. According to the Helmet Project, they wore red helmets from 1968-1971 and 1977-1980.

Archived