College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23-64752-F.jpg

Those shirts are being sent to Africa as we speak.

Just thought I'd bring this post up again.

The funny thing is that 12-0 means absolutely nothing.

It means we didn't lose. You don't have to play in a bowl game to have had a great season.

Anyways Oregon looks great today.

534660_306157806156562_567487057_n.jpg

Best uniforms of the day:

Oregon--love the yellow helmets. It's funny because I hated two-toned facemasks on Georgia, but it's so great with the wings and the chrome and the bright color and dayum.

Florida- orange-white-orange is a great combination. Unique looking game against FSU's uniforms. Nice colors without crazy uniforms...I can thank both schools for that.

Penn State has #42 on the left side of their helmets for an injured senior today vs the Badgers.

It looked good on the field, I liked it. Mauti was the heart and soul of the team his year and the reason so many stayed...so I'm fine with honoring him like this.

mautihelmet.0_standard_500.0.jpg

6_732285.jpg

*Gerald Hodges wearing #42 for Mauti

It's not like its the first time we had numbers

john_cappelletti_vv_medium.jpg

I liked the look, and if they wanted to keep it so players had their own numbers on one side of the helmet next year I'd be fine with it...kinda mixes our two historic helmet styles.

UCLA is wearing their L.A. night alt again today vs Stanford

20121103_tjg_af1_048.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Don't like 'em .... with the exception of the return of the clarnedon jersey numbers.

When you have uniforms as traditional and as classy as UCLA's I see no reason for wearing an alternate, but that's just my opinion.

Penn State has #42 on the left side of their helmets for an injured senior today vs the Badgers.

Hmm... how often do you see a team paying tribute like this to a guy who's injured? Not deceased, but just injured.

My guess is we'll see the return of helmet numerals for Penn State next year.

Oregon uni elements

531119_305812852857724_953978243_n.jpg

What's that bottom right picture?

Gloved hand holding helmet facemask

The glove says NIKE

umm... actually its the o with wings logo...

umm... actually I'm right...

Captures.jpg

they are the NIKE VAPOR JET 2.0 GLOVES

Look what just popped up on nike.com:

Nike-Every-Damn-Day-Oregon-State-Mens-T-Shirt-00029651X_OE4_A.jpg

Whoa. Can we talk about how perfect this shirt is? :D

I'm a Ducks fan and even I want that.

Might have to get it for my dad (the Beavs fan)

I can only imagine how disapointed your dad was when you told him that you didn't like beavers. :D

Yeah, because being gay is a horrible life decision :therock:

Damn, touchy, touchy.

FsQiF2W.png

Hmm... how often do you see a team paying tribute like this to a guy who's injured? Not deceased, but just injured.

My guess is we'll see the return of helmet numerals for Penn State next year.

It's not uncommon for a teammate to wear their jersey number, like Gerald Hodges did, but yea it's usually for a sickness that this big of a thing.

For those that don't know Mauti was the face of the players who stuck around this year, which really help save the program for the future because if all of them left we'd be done for a loooong time. As it stands now we had a good season, and have a great recruiting class coming in even without the sanctions.

Because of what this senior class did O'Brien put names on the jerseys so everyone knew who these kids were, the number on the helmet was special recognition for the guy at the heart of it.

We are getting some tweaks apparently for 2013, and if numbers are on one or both sides I'd be fine with it....I kinda like it on just one though.

Probably in the "Who Cares" category but my Pokes busted out their new brown jersey and new helmet for today's game and they looked great (my opinion). One side featured the gold W while the other had the gold steamboat. They did the same thing with white decals at New Mexico (not so good in my opinion)

This game:

50b1849c0c590.preview-620.jpg

New Mexico game:

509f0636ee4a1.image.jpg

Archived