College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Texas A&M went W/M/W for the first time since the 70s last night.

960x595.jpg

This picture shows me that NIKE's grasp on college uniforms is slipping. Adidas and A&M blow those Mizzou uni's out the water. Props to Adidas, I've ragged on them for many years.

They have a solid set but like I've said before a few minor tweaks that IMO would make it go from good to great.

1. The number font, I can't describe it but it's not a traditional block font but I feel like one would better match the logo.

2. The bevel on the numbers. I understand how a&m's logo has a similar bevel, but they don't even use it on the helmets so it looks out of place.

3. The pants stripes. I think they'd look better with either double stripes or solid, stripe less pants. I ain't bout that single wavy stripe life.

4*. Idk of it should be in the same category as the number font, but the wordmark/name font could've been better.

The Maroon and the white helmets are both awesome.

The black uniforms are whatever. Bfbs. Looked alright.

Those Adidas socks with all the stripes are ridiculous and unnecessary. They have a good design in the 3 stripe in the back socks, why mess with those?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that I am not the only one that thinks the left looks a hell of a lot better than the right.

Boren.png

I'd definitely go with the uniform on the left. Something tells me this was Meyer's way of sliding back to the old Pittsburgh/Iowa stripes from 1990-2005. As long as they have their big TV numbers I am fine with the old or current sleeve stripes. Another thing about these, Meyer got input from old Ohio State players, not just recent grads. He specifically sought info from Archie Griffin.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

960x595.jpg

This picture shows me that NIKE's grasp on college uniforms is slipping. Adidas and A&M blow those Mizzou uni's out the water. Props to Adidas, I've ragged on them for many years.

Just because Mizzou's road whites and yellow alts suck doesn't mean nike is losing their grip.

I think part of what is happening is that people tend to like the uniforms of team that are winning and vice versa. Texas' unis, for example rated much higher in 2005 than 2011. What changed? The uniforms sure didn't. I don't remember A&M's uniforms getting a ton of love before the season, or more specifically, before they beat Bama.

Winning definitely does help you look better. And you're probably right that it only jumps out to me because Mizzou's away set is so awful... And I believe this is the first time A&M has worn this combination.. Which could be the reason why you haven't heard any love for them yet.

And ugh the more I look at them the more I hate Adidas' logo. It's just so clunky and ugly compared to Nike, reebok, even Under Armour.

90758391980.gif

960x595.jpg

They have a solid set but like I've said before a few minor tweaks that IMO would make it go from good to great.

1. The number font, I can't describe it but it's not a traditional block font but I feel like one would better match the logo.

2. The bevel on the numbers. I understand how a&m's logo has a similar bevel, but they don't even use it on the helmets so it looks out of place.

3. The pants stripes. I think they'd look better with either double stripes or solid, stripe less pants. I ain't bout that single wavy stripe life.

4*. Idk of it should be in the same category as the number font, but the wordmark/name font could've been better.

Those Adidas socks with all the stripes are ridiculous and unnecessary. They have a good design in the 3 stripe in the back socks, why mess with those?

Once again the pants stripe actually begins at the beginning of the stripe which on the top portion of the jersey and if they wear them correctly then it all matches...so many of y'all complain about stripes not matching from helmet jersey and pant I can't believe why so many people are not grasping this great concept of having the stripe flow the full length of the uniform. Now you can gripe and say they should have two more pants for white On white which would be two maroon stripes on the pants to match the jersey and two white stripes on the maroon when the go all maroon...that I can dig but changing the great combos they have now where everything comes together is just the total opposite of what I figured most of y'all would be about.

I hope that I am not the only one that thinks the left looks a hell of a lot better than the right.

Boren.png

I'd definitely go with the uniform on the left. Something tells me this was Meyer's way of sliding back to the old Pittsburgh/Iowa stripes from 1990-2005. As long as they have their big TV numbers I am fine with the old or current sleeve stripes. Another thing about these, Meyer got input from old Ohio State players, not just recent grads. He specifically sought info from Archie Griffin.

They can go with the left one full time! Fo sho

960x595.jpg

I thought that Missouri had the second best uniform re-brand on the year. The helmet is a major improvement along with the pants. Now the away jerseys are a different story as they are definitely the worst of their set, but their yellow and black jerseys are amazingly beautiful and a 1000x better than their previous set. Besides you don't see no GFGS on the facemask do you?

spacer.png

Winning definitely does help you look better. And you're probably right that it only jumps out to me because Mizzou's away set is so awful... And I believe this is the first time A&M has worn this combination.. Which could be the reason why you haven't heard any love for them yet.

And ugh the more I look at them the more I hate Adidas' logo. It's just so clunky and ugly compared to Nike, reebok, even Under Armour.

I agree, the trefoil is miles away a better look. I think the biggest gripe I have about adidas is that they try putting their three stripes on everything. And the fact that they designed similar uniforms for two teams in the same division.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

960x595.jpg

I thought that Missouri had the second best uniform re-brand on the year. The helmet is a major improvement along with the pants. Now the away jerseys are a different story as they are definitely the worst of their set, but their yellow and black jerseys are amazingly beautiful and a 1000x better than their previous set. Besides you don't see no GFGS on the facemask do you?

Ya know, I really hope Kentucky and every other SEC team you support gets a gray facemask just so we can all sit back and watch the meltdown. For cripes sake, shut up about gray facemasks.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

960x595.jpg

Ya know, I really hope Kentucky and every other SEC team you support gets a gray facemask just so we can all sit back and watch the meltdown. For cripes sake, shut up about gray facemasks.

I support Texas A&M as well and I think their uniform is nice looking. But hey, have you ever heard of pet peeves? I am sure you have because everybody has them. BTW, have you ever heard me complain about Alabama's facemasks? No, you haven't because that is a classic uniform that should never be changed and I have no problems with teams that never change their uniform, it is just the ones that update and use those types of facemasks.

spacer.png

960x595.jpg

Great look. Caught my eye every time I saw their highlights.

I just don't see these uniforms lasting too long...it's just too much design for a&m...it would make a great alt but I've always seen them as a stripe free team like last season.

960x595.jpg

Great look. Caught my eye every time I saw their highlights.

I just don't see these uniforms lasting too long...it's just too much design for a&m...it would make a great alt but I've always seen them as a stripe free team like last season.

I disagree. I think it goes with their new era as an SEC team. Especially given this year's success in their first season I can't see them changing these for a while.

90758391980.gif

960x595.jpg

Once again the pants stripe actually begins at the beginning of the stripe which on the top portion of the jersey and if they wear them correctly then it all matches...so many of y'all complain about stripes not matching from helmet jersey and pant I can't believe why so many people are not grasping this great concept of having the stripe flow the full length of the uniform. Now you can gripe and say they should have two more pants for white On white which would be two maroon stripes on the pants to match the jersey and two white stripes on the maroon when the go all maroon...that I can dig but changing the great combos they have now where everything comes together is just the total opposite of what I figured most of y'all would be about.

I grasp it, i just don't think it looks good. especially when the stripe is fairly thick and not even the same width from top to bottom. not to mention it's a wavy stripe. It's not executedas well as someone like Florida whos stripes match across the board (with the exception of the orange jersey which bothers me). You can make the argument that it flows, but honestly it just doesnt work for me. i kinda feel like youre just trying to make an excuse for them.

actually come to think of it, i know they didnt design the pant stripe to flow with the shoulder stripes. had that been the case they wouldve had double stripes on the black pants that were created specifically for the black jersey. no?

960x595.jpg

I support Texas A&M as well and I think their uniform is nice looking. But hey, have you ever heard of pet peeves? I am sure you have because everybody has them. BTW, have you ever heard me complain about Alabama's facemasks? No, you haven't because that is a classic uniform that should never be changed and I have no problems with teams that never change their uniform, it is just the ones that update and use those types of facemasks.

True enough, but nobody talks about theirs as much as you. I don't think there is anyone left on this forum who doesn't know how you feel about grey facemasks. So, why the need to continue repeating it?

960x595.jpg

I grasp it, i just don't think it looks good. especially when the stripe is fairly thick and not even the same width from top to bottom. not to mention it's a wavy stripe. It's not executedas well as someone like Florida whos stripes match across the board (with the exception of the orange jersey which bothers me). You can make the argument that it flows, but honestly it just doesnt work for me. i kinda feel like youre just trying to make an excuse for them.

actually come to think of it, i know they didnt design the pant stripe to flow with the shoulder stripes. had that been the case they wouldve had double stripes on the black pants that were created specifically for the black jersey. no?

I figured the stripe was just going with the flow of the players body that's what made it curve...and the black uni is definately not helping my fight for Adidas! ?Not sure what they are thinking at headquarters by coming out with pics to show the matching sets and then totally mess it up in the black out...ill just say that I like the look even the bevels are growing on me but the two gripes I have is the undershirt (looked great in the pics of the dude standing still but the jerseys look great on the guys that choose not to wear the undershirts) and the stripes mismatching with all black all white and all maroon. Adidas did a better job on these than most of their unis but didn't think through the uniform decisions the ags would make on a weekly basis. Next year have two stripe pant options to match and take the undershirts and burn them.

Aggie's current look is good, but I still kind of prefer their old Nike uniforms with the textured collar:

1998txfbb_2559_1.jpg

Those were full on tie-dye collars. I'm still not sure why those were slapped on the uniforms other than just because Nike could.

Didn't they do that to a a couple more teams during that time? I think that without the tie-dye that's a great uniform. I don't know which is worse this collar or the beveled numbers (although I'm starting to come around to them since they are the only team with them...this year I'm sure there will copy cats in the coming years)

960x595.jpg

True enough, but nobody talks about theirs as much as you. I don't think there is anyone left on this forum who doesn't know how you feel about grey facemasks. So, why the need to continue repeating it?

If people are going to talk about a uniform and I want to post my opinion, then the facemask is a part of the uniform. I don't understand why everyone has to consistently bitch about me bitching about the facemasks. So here is what I will do, I will just simply say GFGS and leave it as is. Fair enough?

spacer.png

Aggie's current look is good, but I still kind of prefer their old Nike uniforms with the textured collar:

1998txfbb_2559_1.jpg

Those were full on tie-dye collars. I'm still not sure why those were slapped on the uniforms other than just because Nike could.

Didn't they do that to a a couple more teams during that time? I think that without the tie-dye that's a great uniform. I don't know which is worse this collar or the beveled numbers (although I'm starting to come around to them since they are the only team with them...this year I'm sure there will copy cats in the coming years)

florida state had some sort of collar pattern then changed to the current one...clemson had a tiger pattern but they were russell and I think auburn may have as well but don't hold me to that

Archived