College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aggie's current look is good, but I still kind of prefer their old Nike uniforms with the textured collar:

1998txfbb_2559_1.jpg

Those were full on tie-dye collars. I'm still not sure why those were slapped on the uniforms other than just because Nike could.

Didn't they do that to a a couple more teams during that time? I think that without the tie-dye that's a great uniform. I don't know which is worse this collar or the beveled numbers (although I'm starting to come around to them since they are the only team with them...this year I'm sure there will copy cats in the coming years)

florida state had some sort of collar pattern then changed to the current one...clemson had a tiger pattern but they were russell and I think auburn may have as well but don't hold me to that

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YAE7YSBeVXo/Tzi-jxgXfAI/AAAAAAAAAPo/Ry8yn4yH2kw/s1600/FSU+Home.bmp

362575.jpg

spacer.png

Aggie's current look is good, but I still kind of prefer their old Nike uniforms with the textured collar:

1998txfbb_2559_1.jpg

Those were full on tie-dye collars. I'm still not sure why those were slapped on the uniforms other than just because Nike could.

Didn't they do that to a a couple more teams during that time? I think that without the tie-dye that's a great uniform. I don't know which is worse this collar or the beveled numbers (although I'm starting to come around to them since they are the only team with them...this year I'm sure there will copy cats in the coming years)

florida state had some sort of collar pattern then changed to the current one...clemson had a tiger pattern but they were russell and I think auburn may have as well but don't hold me to that

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YAE7YSBeVXo/Tzi-jxgXfAI/AAAAAAAAAPo/Ry8yn4yH2kw/s1600/FSU+Home.bmp

362575.jpg

It just seems too much in such a small space and they (Nike and Russell) attempted to make it loud so everyone would notice. FSU looks good because its been there so long now but I'm still trying to figure out what pattern the ags would use for theirs? Tigers, feathers, etc i get but what was the thought behind whatever pattern they chunked on there. Also FSU at mid point of the season has different stuff going on with the pride stickers that the collar isn't so much out of tune with the rest of the uniform but ags was so plain and then bam! On the subject of FSU...I can only hope that one day they go with the feathers on the side of the pants like they did with pro combat several years back...hell just make that the new uni it looked great and fell in line with the font on the field also.

I'd be conflicted about FSU adding the feather to their pants. On the one hand, FSU has a classic design that doesn't need to be changed. On the other, their Pro Combat look was one of the best Nike's done in recent memory.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1998txfbb_2559_1.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot...00/FSU Home.bmp

362575.jpg

You're forgetting the original collar from the 90s:

newdunn_display_image.jpg?1271551799

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1998txfbb_2559_1.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot...00/FSU Home.bmp

362575.jpg

You're forgetting the original collar from the 90s:

newdunn_display_image.jpg?1271551799

If I remember correctly, I think A&M's collar pattern had similar elements of FSU's original collar. Just a different color. And both of these patterns were similar to Georgetown's conte pattern which was featured during the Allen Iverson era.

http://www.vhkhvn.org/vhkh/leader_dev/images/Dat_Nguyen_football.jpg

a maroon facemask would have looked good there. still a good look.

Agreed but I think the grey looks just fine since they have grey in their numbers.

Not to mention gray IS one of their primary colors.

huh? Living in Texas my entire life, I've seen a lot of A&M uniforms in a lot of sports and I can't say that gray has ever been one of their primary colors. Where did you hear that?

Agreed but I think the grey looks just fine since they have grey in their numbers.

huh? Living in Texas my entire life, I've seen a lot of A&M uniforms in a lot of sports and I can't say that gray has ever been one of their primary colors. Where did you hear that?

A&M has used gray as trim and even as basketball uni's occasionally since switching to Adidas, but I don't think you will ever find an Aggie who will admit to gray being a primary color. One of my favorite looks was when the football team wore gray pants against Texas back in 08.

A&M has used gray as trim and even as basketball uni's occasionally since switching to Adidas, but I don't think you will ever find an Aggie who will admit to gray being a primary color. One of my favorite looks was when the football team wore gray pants against Texas back in 08.

Those were great...kinda like the giants with and old school feel. And if you look at the giants I don't see grey anywhere else besides their pants and face mask....

Those were great...kinda like the giants with and old school feel. And if you look at the giants I don't see grey anywhere else besides their pants and face mask....

And shoes now that Nike's NFL deal allows them to make shoes using team colors. NY is the only team that Nike has used mostly grey-based shoes for.

I'd be conflicted about FSU adding the feather to their pants. On the one hand, FSU has a classic design that doesn't need to be changed. On the other, their Pro Combat look was one of the best Nike's done in recent memory.

in retrospect the FSU pcr was by far and away the best design of the entire campaign...the obsidian helmet was really cool as well as the feather motif...I think they should definitely adopt the pcr number font and possibly just have the feather design on garnet and white pants, then leave the gold ones as is.

Given that A&M just won ten games for the first time since 1998 and Manziel is poised to win the Heisman, I don't see them changing those unis any time soon.

I do. This is college after all where 3-5 year cycles seem to be the rule rather than the exception these days.

Given that A&M just won ten games for the first time since 1998 and Manziel is poised to win the Heisman, I don't see them changing those unis any time soon.

I do. This is college after all where 3-5 year cycles seem to be the rule rather than the exception these days.

I disagree. If A&M can get to championship caliber within the next few seasons, then these uniforms will stay and become a modern classic.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I disagree. If A&M can get to championship caliber within the next few seasons, then these uniforms will stay and become a modern classic.

Oregon went to three straight BCS games and still changed their uniforms. Trust me, when Adidas/Nike/Under Armour tell a school to change, they'll do as they're told.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oregon went to three straight BCS games and still changed their uniforms. Trust me, when Adidas/Nike/Under Armour tell a school to change, they'll do as they're told.

You can't make that argument, because Oregon is Oregon

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

You can't make that argument, because Oregon is Oregon

They aren't the first team to make a change after a good season. For example, Oklahoma State debuted their new uniforms the year after they had an 11-win season. A&M is not a static team uniform-wise.

Watching Florida-Florida St. live, and now on replay right now...

Florida's best road look is undoubtedly the orange-white-orange set. The only unfortunate thing about it is how Urban Meyer never used that combo again after Alabama trounced Florida back in October of 2005, and that the combo had only been seen once after Muschamp took the job (Auburn 2011). White pants or blue pants just don't work or flow as well as the orange pants do with the orange helmet. I hope to see that combo more often going forward.

Speaking of which - I think Florida has only paired the home blue's with orange pants twice, and both those games were Florida State games. I really think that combo would be fine if used more often. I'm very quick to go on record of saying I find the blue monochrome look to be quite dull. White or orange pants in the Swamp only, please.

spacer.png

Archived