College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does it not match the stripes from not on the rest of the uniform that game but all the other striping on the different jerseys pants and helmets. Of you look at a good enough pic the orange pant has an orange outside stripe then the thin blue stripe and then the white. It matches all the other stripes...it basically resembles the helmet.

Given that A&M just won ten games for the first time since 1998 and Manziel is poised to win the Heisman, I don't see them changing those unis any time soon.

I do. This is college after all where 3-5 year cycles seem to be the rule rather than the exception these days.

I disagree. If A&M can get to championship caliber within the next few seasons, then these uniforms will stay and become a modern classic.

Oregon went to three straight BCS games and still changed their uniforms. Trust me, when Adidas/Nike/Under Armour tell a school to change, they'll do as they're told.

You can't make that argument, because Oregon is Oregon

They aren't the first team to make a change after a good season. For example, Oklahoma State debuted their new uniforms the year after they had an 11-win season. A&M is not a static team uniform-wise.

There is a difference between an 11 win season, and an 11 win season with a heisman trophy winner. Plus, they had had those uniforms for a long time (10 years I think), and their success in them had been all over the place (some good years, some terrible years). This is Texas A&Ms first year with these, and they are about to have a heisman trophy winner, and the best season in 14 years. They aren't going to change any time soon.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Given that A&M just won ten games for the first time since 1998 and Manziel is poised to win the Heisman, I don't see them changing those unis any time soon.

I do. This is college after all where 3-5 year cycles seem to be the rule rather than the exception these days.

I disagree. If A&M can get to championship caliber within the next few seasons, then these uniforms will stay and become a modern classic.

Oregon went to three straight BCS games and still changed their uniforms. Trust me, when Adidas/Nike/Under Armour tell a school to change, they'll do as they're told.

They aren't the first team to make a change after a good season. For example, Oklahoma State debuted their new uniforms the year after they had an 11-win season. A&M is not a static team uniform-wise.

There is a difference between an 11 win season, and an 11 win season with a heisman trophy winner. Plus, they had had those uniforms for a long time (10 years I think), and their success in them had been all over the place (some good years, some terrible years). This is Texas A&Ms first year with these, and they are about to have a heisman trophy winner, and the best season in 14 years. They aren't going to change any time soon.

Oklahoma State's previous uniforms were only around 4 years at most. Prior to that they had the plain orange and white jerseys with the same script the basketball team wears now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

No, the striping throughout the set is O/B/W/B/O

The orange jersey has O/B/O/W/O/B/O

And it also bothers me to no end. Why can't they just fix it!?!?

105124170_display_image.jpg?1286817950

I have no clue why the jersey is different if they do it there then they should do it on the orange pants or vice versa...I'm beginning to think that we care a lot more than the people actually holding these jobs and they probably pay too little for us to attempt to lend our expertise for payment

I can see how the helmet is supposed to look like the cap, but it doesn't work for me, at least not as well as it should.

It is the lettering and numerals they stencil on aircraft, vehicles, et al. I think this is a great move. I've long thought they should give this type of lettering a try, though I really liked the drop shadowed carrier-style numerals from last year's special uniform.

This is an old photo, but you can see the lettering and numerals that appear on Navy aircraft there:

Photo of the mighty F-4 Phantom.

I think the helmet is a little weird too. But such is the modern college football landscape, I guess. The one thing I don't like is that the anchor insignia is backwards. The bitter end of the rope on the anchor should always face aft (that's towards the rear, for you landlubbers). Flip that and it will at least be reflective of the actual uniform standards.

I agree that the drop shadow on the numbers last year was a pretty cool touch. (Again, I'm taking credit :P)

And finally, I dig the Phantom Photo, but it would look better if you'd chosen the Greatest Fighter Squadron in the History of Aviation...

F-4Bs_VF-41_launching_from_USS_Independence_(CVA-62)_1965.jpg

I was actually an Aces' fan when I was a kid, but truth be told I'll always be a VF-84 man (R.I.P.). Unfortunately, it's just not the same since the 103 took over the name and history.

looks great to me

0ap1000000099780.jpg

After watching the game, I think they botched the black area on the sleeves. I don't understand why it's not a thin trim line like it is on the pant and helmet. Funny how such a small detail can ruin an otherwise good concept and execution. I'm also thinking they should have used a shiny finish for the red portion of the uniform stripes to better match the helmet's chrome stripe. The iridescent feather patterns on Oregon's jerseys are pretty shiny, so I think it would have been worth the due diligence to see if it could have been done in a red foil or something similar.

Probably in the "Who Cares" category but my Pokes busted out their new brown jersey and new helmet for today's game and they looked great (my opinion). One side featured the gold W while the other had the gold steamboat. They did the same thing with white decals at New Mexico (not so good in my opinion)

This game:

50b1849c0c590.preview-620.jpg

Love that helmet. Solid yellow numerals and this uniform is a winner.

I didn't notice this until last week but Michigan State has extra seam lines on their shoulders. Is there a reason for this or is it just to match the away jersey's seams?

11905359-large.jpg

I always figured it was so that all the uniforms could be manufactured from the same template.

Actually they COULD be AP national champs so it could very well mean something,

While this COULD happen, it wont due to the fact that the team who wins the BCS title game will end the season with one loss out of 14 games, the likelihood the the majority of voters would pick a suspended OSU team that only played 12 in a weak conference with a joke of a non-conference schedule is so unlikely it's probability of happening is close to zero.

Even if Georgia beats Bama and ND, they'll have beaten the top two teams in the country and will be much more top-of-mind than an OSU team that won't have played in more than a month and a half.

= Least significant undefeated season ever. Sorry, but follow the NCAA's rules...

Eh. Great seasons come and go like any other. Auburn had an undefeated season while on probation in the 1990s that few remember, and I hate to say it, but even those early BCS busters season are starting to be a bother for people to remember already, like Utah's dominant 2004 campaign.

I hope that I am not the only one that thinks the left looks a hell of a lot better than the right.

Boren.png

For sure. The solid white numbers are necessary to balance the white in the Buckeye stripe. This is a great uniform, but the proportions of the stripes need to be fixed (as noted earlier) and I'd probably ditch the chrome for full time use. Also, eliminate the discrepancies between front and rear numerals that were pointed out on Uni-Watch the other day. I could go either way on the grey v. black facemask here. I'm used to grey and it looks great, but the black works because it coordinates (proportionally) with that thin black trim on the Buckeye stripe.

I guess the caveat would be that if they were to keep the black nameplate lettering, then I'd go with the black facemask, but if it were the classic white lettering, then I'd keep the grey mask. The bars of the facemask, the nameplate lettering and the black trim on the stripe are all nearly the same weight/width, so it works when you color them the same. Those are the types of micro-relationships I look for in a uniform. They can make a good uniform great, but the lack of attention to them can make a good uniform simply decent.

That's not how it works.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That's not how it works.

I know, I was just exaggerating.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oklahoma State's previous uniforms were only around 4 years at most. Prior to that they had the plain orange and white jerseys with the same script the basketball team wears now.

They got the piping uniforms in 2006, so they were 5 years old when OK State got new uniforms. They had a very old template, and it was time for a change. A&M has no reason to change.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Boren.png

One on the left is perfect. Should be their full time set.

I agree. The black facemask also helps balance the black in the stripes/trim.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Watching Florida-Florida St. live, and now on replay right now...

Florida's best road look is undoubtedly the orange-white-orange set. The only unfortunate thing about it is how Urban Meyer never used that combo again after Alabama trounced Florida back in October of 2005, and that the combo had only been seen once after Muschamp took the job (Auburn 2011). White pants or blue pants just don't work or flow as well as the orange pants do with the orange helmet. I hope to see that combo more often going forward.

Speaking of which - I think Florida has only paired the home blue's with orange pants twice, and both those games were Florida State games. I really think that combo would be fine if used more often. I'm very quick to go on record of saying I find the blue monochrome look to be quite dull. White or orange pants in the Swamp only, please.

UF did lose that game with the blue jerseys and orange pants so I'm sure that's one reason that looked hasn't returned.

FSU2.gif

I thought this was kind of interesting. The Georgia Dome is already getting into SEC title game mode, only an hour or so after the Falcons game.

https://twitter.com/...378967048409088

@GeorgiaDome: The paint crew is getting ready to paint the Bama logo on the 25 #SECATL

A87KN4ECUAESUkA.jpg

Some other pics on that twitter feed if it interests you also.

90758391980.gif

Auburn did not have the collars but they did have drop shadow numbers.

Auburn had tiger-striped trim in basketball.

784684.jpg

Auburn did not have the collars but they did have drop shadow numbers.

Auburn had tiger-striped trim in basketball.

784684.jpg

Yes they did! I forgot about those. I like those unis, other than the number font.

Cards in all white and Rutgers in all Black.

This would be a nice looking match-up if Rutgers didn't have F.A.M.I.L.Y on the NOB.

I didn't think it looked bad, but it is pretty funny to see 2 schools play a black vs. white game when one's mascot includes a color (scarlet knights) and the other's macot is the name of a shade of the color they use (cardinal).

This would be a nice looking match-up if Rutgers didn't have F.A.M.I.L.Y on the NOB.

I didn't think it looked bad, but it is pretty funny to see 2 schools play a black vs. white game when one's mascot includes a color (scarlet knights) and the other's macot is the name of a shade of the color they use (cardinal).

Ain't that the truth...so are Wisconsin and Nebraska going to wear traditional garb this week or the Adidas trash unis from reg season?!

Ain't that the truth...so are Wisconsin and Nebraska going to wear traditional garb this week or the Adidas trash unis from reg season?!

Haven't heard anything about those garbage uni's from earlier this year, so I'm guessing each team will wear their usual classy stuff. They better at least, I'm a firm believer in the whole "wear your best to the big dance" method, where in conference championship/big BCS bowl games, wear you're best attire. Like going to the prom or something.

Haven't heard however who will be the "home" team and what not for the B1G game though

Archived