College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Cards in all white and Rutgers in all Black.

This would be a nice looking match-up if Rutgers didn't have F.A.M.I.L.Y on the NOB.

I didn't think it looked bad, but it is pretty funny to see 2 schools play a black vs. white game when one's mascot includes a color (scarlet knights) and the other's macot is the name of a shade of the color they use (cardinal).

Ain't that the truth...so are Wisconsin and Nebraska going to wear traditional garb this week or the Adidas trash unis from reg season?!

Haven't heard anything about those garbage uni's from earlier this year, so I'm guessing each team will wear their usual classy stuff. They better at least, I'm a firm believer in the whole "wear your best to the big dance" method, where in conference championship/big BCS bowl games, wear you're best attire. Like going to the prom or something.

Haven't heard however who will be the "home" team and what not for the B1G game though

I stopped watching a lot of college basketball a while back but watch enough sportscenter to know that all those Adidas schools did not go with your method and I had no clue who was playing until espn told me...here's to hoping all schools involved in championship games this week will wear their regular unis, even ucla.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's to hoping all schools involved in championship games this week will wear their regular unis, even ucla.

Especially UCLA.

Unless they want to sport some throwbacks with the same number font as those navy blue unis that's the only acceptable choice other than their original unis

Haven't heard however who will be the "home" team and what not for the B1G game though

Wisconsin is the home team and Nebraska is away.

The Big Ten doesn't try to church-up the place with fancy records and tie breaker determiners. They just rotate Legends and Leaders as the home team. Last year, the Legends was the home team (MSU).

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Unfortunately, it's already been confirmed that Stanford's wearing black tonight. At least we know that UCLA won't wear those atrocious navy uniforms since they're on the road.

Pity. A color-vs-color matchup between UCLA and Stanford would look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Unfortunately, it's already been confirmed that Stanford's wearing black tonight. At least we know that UCLA won't wear those atrocious navy uniforms since they're on the road.

You have got to be joking!!!!! Stanford with black unis in a conf championship game...hopefully they lose so they will forever be retired along with those black Georgia unis.

That's not good. And Stanford will be the home team in the Rose Bowl if they win. I hope they would be smart enough not to wear black for the Rose Bowl.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That's not good. And Stanford will be the home team in the Rose Bowl if they win. I hope they would be smart enough not to wear black for the Rose Bowl.

I doubt that Shaw will treat the tradition of the Rose Bowl with contempt like Chip Kelly did last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I saw some people discussing LSU's helmet logo back around page 130 or so. Then this logo was posted as the helmet logo:

LSU screwed up by going with Phoenix Design Works when they rebranded several years ago. I just don't like PDW's work at all and because they botched it, LSU fans are less likely to be open to a modernization which is probably needed. Surely, someone could come up with a modernization of a circular Tiger head that would resonate with the LSU community while keeping a historical tie to the traditional logo.

[HELMET]

CqR6Z.png

That tiger head looks seriously scary (in a really bad way). I've never understood the hate for the updated logo, I think it's a good update and those updated helmets look sharp IMO

Just for the record, I want you guys to know that that is NOT the helmet logo.

I doubt that Shaw will treat the tradition of the Rose Bowl with contempt like Chip Kelly did last year.

At least Oregon wore mostly green.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I saw some people discussing LSU's helmet logo back around page 130 or so. Then this logo was posted as the helmet logo:

LSU screwed up by going with Phoenix Design Works when they rebranded several years ago. I just don't like PDW's work at all and because they botched it, LSU fans are less likely to be open to a modernization which is probably needed. Surely, someone could come up with a modernization of a circular Tiger head that would resonate with the LSU community while keeping a historical tie to the traditional logo.

[HELMET]

CqR6Z.png

That tiger head looks seriously scary (in a really bad way). I've never understood the hate for the updated logo, I think it's a good update and those updated helmets look sharp IMO

Just for the record, yeah it is.

blackberry+bourbon+boston+butt+with+lsu+helmet.JPG

411076_253701948058922_253690224726761_521718_1842886281_o.jpg

lsuauthentic.jpg

[HELMET]

CqR6Z.png

Just for the record, yeah it is.

blackberry+bourbon+boston+butt+with+lsu+helmet.JPG

411076_253701948058922_253690224726761_521718_1842886281_o.jpg

lsuauthentic.jpg

My fault. I was thinking he posted this one:

2513.gif

Anyway... I'd like to see another logo used on the helmet. Similar in style but easier to see wiith the new LSU font... like this:

lsuupdatedhelmetlogo2.jpg

Watching Florida-Florida St. live, and now on replay right now...

Florida's best road look is undoubtedly the orange-white-orange set. The only unfortunate thing about it is how Urban Meyer never used that combo again after Alabama trounced Florida back in October of 2005, and that the combo had only been seen once after Muschamp took the job (Auburn 2011). White pants or blue pants just don't work or flow as well as the orange pants do with the orange helmet. I hope to see that combo more often going forward.

Speaking of which - I think Florida has only paired the home blue's with orange pants twice, and both those games were Florida State games. I really think that combo would be fine if used more often. I'm very quick to go on record of saying I find the blue monochrome look to be quite dull. White or orange pants in the Swamp only, please.

UF did lose that game with the blue jerseys and orange pants so I'm sure that's one reason that looked hasn't returned.

...yes they did. And Florida State winning that game allowed them to advance to the National Championship Game and trounce Michael Vick's Hokies.

I was trying to not pay attention to that part of it. :mellow:

spacer.png

Oregon wore green in the Pac-12 Championship game and the Rose Bowl last year...

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oregon wore green in the Pac-12 Championship game and the Rose Bowl last year...

They used the Rose Bowl to show off their ridiculous new uniform. As far as I'm concerned, it was disrespectful.

Archived