College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Those pics also accentuate how big the neck hole is. The MSU one looks like one of those V-neck hipster shirts.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize I'm in the minority,

but I absolutely love that look for Boise State. I'm also a guy that always liked the black in the Mets uniforms, if that's any indication of where I'm coming from.

It's an okay look. My main beef with it is that black is a Vandal color. It'd be like Duke wearing Carolina blue.

In Boise's defense, Idaho really isn't much of a rival, especially when you pulverize them in every sport.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

A-p_G3fCEAAtdHR.jpg

When the actual game jersey looks like a "women's cut" and actually would look BETTER on a set of boobs than a set of pads, the jerseys are too tight.

These are being pinned back. I've seem those mannequins in person and you can see on the the pics on the lwoer armpit of the MSU jersey.

Better Boise picture

FTYZJ.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The problem with Boise strictly on an aesthetics level (besides the act that black is not one of their colors) is that each piece feels disjointed from the next. The helmet is primarily black with silver accenting. The jersey is primarily blue with gray and orange accents. The pants are black with blue. I list the jersey accent as gray because the number gradient gives off a dirty, grungy feel while the helmet most certainly reads as silver. It's a mess and it is not thought out well. That's the problem you get when teams have a thousand combos and start piecing them together individually.

Better Boise picture

FTYZJ.png

Washington could have a classic. Base the rest of the uniform off the helmet, keep it simple.

That Boise look is seriously small time. If you want to be taken more serious as a big time CFB program, try to dress like it. This is like the teenage d-bags who show up to the prom in a top hat, tails, and a walking stick. A little kid's version of cool.

The problem with Boise strictly on an aesthetics level (besides the act that black is not one of their colors) is that each piece feels disjointed from the next. The helmet is primarily black with silver accenting. The jersey is primarily blue with gray and orange accents. The pants are black with blue. I list the jersey accent as gray because the number gradient gives off a dirty, grungy feel while the helmet most certainly reads as silver. It's a mess and it is not thought out well. That's the problem you get when teams have a thousand combos and start piecing them together individually.

It's something Nike designers should consider.... a brand standards of uniform mixing and matching (if they haven't already). AND then design the uniforms to match well with multiple combinations. A great design problem to solve (actually gives me a good idea for a project for my students this Spring).

Better Boise picture

FTYZJ.png

Washington could have a classic. Base the rest of the uniform off the helmet, keep it simple.

That Boise look is seriously small time. If you want to be taken more serious as a big time CFB program, try to dress like it. This is like the teenage d-bags who show up to the prom in a top hat, tails, and a walking stick. A little kid's version of cool.

Washington could have a classic uniform if they have stripes on the pants, like the helmets. The same can't be said of Boise State aka Underdog State. It just looks out of place and inconsistent with the uniform. If it was all black, it would've been a lot better.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Better Boise picture

FTYZJ.png

I don't get that. A small time program wouldn't be able to have that kind of uniform. They could easily get a classic look, but they wouldn't be able to get a uniform that was specifically crafted for them like that. If anything, it makes them look more big time. Whether or not it looks good is another story. But it by no means looks small time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Surprisingly, we agree. If it wasn't for the cursed orange jerseys, any combo with black would qualify as Boise's worst look.

I do, however, think these are among the best uniforms in college football:

kellen-moore-f17a057707d4b797.jpg

tumblr_lwobgboH1X1qztxqmo1_500.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Better Boise picture

FTYZJ.png

I don't get that. A small time program wouldn't be able to have that kind of uniform. They could easily get a classic look, but they wouldn't be able to get a uniform that was specifically crafted for them like that. If anything, it makes them look more big time. Whether or not it looks good is another story. But it by no means looks small time.

Well, I guess that's where we just disagree. I understand that the look isn't cheap... that it isn't "off the rack" so to speak. That's not really what I'm talking about. To carry my high school prom analogy a little further, the d-bag in the top hat and tails paid a lot of money for his outfit, too.

You can't buy class.

The enlarged logo look is beyond stupid. Not to mention the assymetric look. Boise's look is pretty far down on the crap list for me

I don't mind the enlarged logo. I hate the asymmetry, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived