College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Add in the TxA&M beveling (my first thought) and it's spot on.

But that aspect is acceptable/believable since A&M is also an adidas school, but essentially using a proprietary Nike number font just seems lazy/poor design.

It matches the font of the logo NIU has been using since 2001.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add in the TxA&M beveling (my first thought) and it's spot on.

But that aspect is acceptable/believable since A&M is also an adidas school, but essentially using a proprietary Nike number font just seems lazy/poor design.

It matches the font of the logo NIU has been using since 2001.

It's definitely done to match the NIU logo, beveling and all. Adidas has copied before, but not in this instance.

yea number fonts get reused and recycled.

Not usually across competing companies, on something somewhat unique

in the grand scheme of things it dosent really matter as long as its personality fits the school. its not like half the stadium is sitting up there going "i cant believe they used THAT font!"

I dont care, I'm not gonna boycott the school because of it, I just found it very odd in this situation.

Just forget about it, for a sports uni/logo site you guys usually do pretty good, but my point went way over your head this time.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Wow! Looking at the "presentation jerseys" for the All-American Bowl, adidas just took two Nike numbers and smashed them together. Way to be inventive. At least work with someone that has an obscure font and make it oyur own. Wow. No work went in to that design.

Dear Duke: show some class and please never wear black again. If you're going to wear something other than the proper white helmet, then stick to the blue as your only alternate.

Duke's blue helmets should be their primaries. It sickens me to say it, but they're beautiful.

Wow! Looking at the "presentation jerseys" for the All-American Bowl, adidas just took two Nike numbers and smashed them together. Way to be inventive. At least work with someone that has an obscure font and make it oyur own. Wow. No work went in to that design.

Since those aren't the final product I'd expect to see something more. But yes, the number immediately made me think I'd seen those somewhere. I'm sure Nike and Pitt aren't too happy. I'm also not happy the three stripes will be thrown all over that uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

in the grand scheme of things it dosent really matter as long as its personality fits the school. its not like half the stadium is sitting up there going "i cant believe they used THAT font!"

I dont care, I'm not gonna boycott the school because of it, I just found it very odd in this situation.

Just forget about it, for a sports uni/logo site you guys usually do pretty good, but my point went way over your head this time.

no your point was clear, its just nobody else cares and its not all that odd. if that is the exact number font adidas is using there then its not even a Nike custom font.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

no your point was clear, its just nobody else cares and its not all that odd. if that is the exact number font adidas is using there then its not even a Nike custom font.

No apparently it wasn't or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. Once again, just forget about it, it went over your head, simple as that, I dont expect to everyone to get it, but I dont have the time to dumb it down and explain it to everyone, so let it go.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

No apparently it wasn't or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. Once again, just forget about it, it went over your head, simple as that, I dont expect to everyone to get it, but I dont have the time to dumb it down and explain it to everyone, so let it go.

:rolleyes:

BRTky.jpg?1320962111

Archived