College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there ever been a national championship where neither team has an actual helmet logo?

In the BCS era, this is the first time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1. The flame helmet might be the worst thing ever worn in sports. Horrendous.

OregonUniCombos.jpg

Just a few combo's left for Oregon in this set. :rolleyes: Credit to the mass image goes to a Mr. Hershberger for taking my tracking images and composing all the possible combos. The red highlights are my addition to show which combinations have been worn.

The iridescent wings don't even appear to be included in that graphic, so it's missing 25 combos.

That's the second white jersey on the chart, since they wore that jersey as part of the all-white combo against USC.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

OregonUniCombos.jpg

Just a few combo's left for Oregon in this set. :rolleyes: Credit to the mass image goes to a Mr. Hershberger for taking my tracking images and composing all the possible combos. The red highlights are my addition to show which combinations have been worn.

The iridescent wings don't even appear to be included in that graphic, so it's missing 25 combos.

Iridescent wings are the first one:

J_2012_I.jpg

Gray wings are the second one:

J_2012_W.jpg

Ducks had but two road jerseys this season.

OregonUniCombos.jpg

Iridescent wings are the first one:

J_2012_I.jpg

Gray wings are the second one:

J_2012_W.jpg

Ducks had but two road jerseys this season.

I don't see why Oregon has a yellow outline on the numbers of the silver winged jersey, but not on the green winged jersey.

Also. Is Alabama's font in the end zone for tonight the same as Oklahoma's?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

If you put an Armani suit on a bum, he's still a bum. If you put Tim Tebow in an 18 Colts jersey, he's not a better quarterback. Conversely, if you put Walter Peyton in a Peyton Hillis Chiefs jersey, he'd still be the greatest ever. Clothes don't make the man.

I'm just saying that it LOOKS more professional to have a Speed Machine template than a Destroyer template, like it looks more professional to wear a suit, than a buttoned shirt.

I disagree fully. The previous Reebok NFL template, as you call it, the traditional football template which has been used for a very long time, LOOKS like a football uniform. The traditional template is the epitome of looking professional. It's the single-breasted suit compared to Nike's new templates, which look like Walmart track suits.

It looked like a middle school jersey.

jonathan.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

No. It looks like a football jersey. Sure, those kids are wearing horrible representations of football jerseys, as pro jerseys didn't have giant holes in the mesh, or a v-neck which folded over at the collar, and they weren't single stitched at the seams, but they still tried to look like football uniforms and not Starter active-wear sold at Walmart. However, just as youth leagues have copied every other atrocious trend in uniforms, I'm sure 8-year-olds will be wearing jerseys with random nonfunctional seams 5 years from now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No. It looks like a football jersey. Sure, those kids are wearing horrible representations of football jerseys, as pro jerseys didn't have giant holes in the mesh, or a v-neck which folded over at the collar, and they weren't single stitched at the seams, but they still tried to look like football uniforms and not Starter active-wear sold at Walmart. However, just as youth leagues have copied every other atrocious trend in uniforms, I'm sure 8-year-olds will be wearing jerseys with random nonfunctional seams 5 years from now.

Just because the jerseys were like that back in the day doesn't make them better or worse.

Today's uniforms have evolved with player input. Teams have had seamstresses altering their jerseys or years. I know they still get altered but I'm sure Nike has designed the jerseys to make them fit well out of the box.

Archived