College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

If you put an Armani suit on a bum, he's still a bum. If you put Tim Tebow in an 18 Colts jersey, he's not a better quarterback. Conversely, if you put Walter Peyton in a Peyton Hillis Chiefs jersey, he'd still be the greatest ever. Clothes don't make the man.

I'm just saying that it LOOKS more professional to have a Speed Machine template than a Destroyer template, like it looks more professional to wear a suit, than a buttoned shirt.

I disagree fully. The previous Reebok NFL template, as you call it, the traditional football template which has been used for a very long time, LOOKS like a football uniform. The traditional template is the epitome of looking professional. It's the single-breasted suit compared to Nike's new templates, which look like Walmart track suits.

It looked like a middle school jersey.

jonathan.jpg

No way those kids are in middle school yet

maehl.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looked like a middle school jersey.

No. It looks like a football jersey. Sure, those kids are wearing horrible representations of football jerseys, as pro jerseys didn't have giant holes in the mesh, or a v-neck which folded over at the collar, and they weren't single stitched at the seams, but they still tried to look like football uniforms and not Starter active-wear sold at Walmart. However, just as youth leagues have copied every other atrocious trend in uniforms, I'm sure 8-year-olds will be wearing jerseys with random nonfunctional seams 5 years from now.

No. They all look like football jerseys, because they're freaking football jerseys.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If you put an Armani suit on a bum, he's still a bum. If you put Tim Tebow in an 18 Colts jersey, he's not a better quarterback. Conversely, if you put Walter Peyton in a Peyton Hillis Chiefs jersey, he'd still be the greatest ever. Clothes don't make the man.

I'm just saying that it LOOKS more professional to have a Speed Machine template than a Destroyer template, like it looks more professional to wear a suit, than a buttoned shirt.

I disagree fully. The previous Reebok NFL template, as you call it, the traditional football template which has been used for a very long time, LOOKS like a football uniform. The traditional template is the epitome of looking professional. It's the single-breasted suit compared to Nike's new templates, which look like Walmart track suits.

So your saying that this

Chris_Hovan-1.jpg

Looks better than this?

254713_10151339195771100_848789779_n.jpg

not design (we all know you hate Oregon), strictly template. If so you might be one of very few.

sorry for big pictures

^ What he said. I dont think anybody likes Chris Hovan's uniform, and his uniform wasn't really in the template I was speaking of after the ridiculous alterations were done. And for the record, while Oregon is "out there," I don't dislike their uniforms when they wear their team colors, which they (mostly) did in the Fiesta Bowl. However, I hate the templates.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Just compare the Bears Reebok away jersey to their Nike away jersey. Using different teams, as well as one being a home jersey and the other away will obviously make a difference. Plus, you can easily find pictures to make both of your points seem valid. Point is, the Nike jersey looks higher quality (before the sweat pit stains kick in) than what the Reebok jerseys ever did.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care that much about templates? As long as the uniforms look like they actually fit properly, I couldn't care less what the seams look like.

FWIW, I think Nike's done a better job with striping patterns than Reebok ever did, so I guess that's a good thing. Just wish they'd fix the sweat-stain problem and those hideous collars.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No he's saying this:

brian-urlacher.jpg

Looks better than this:

sweatbox.png

I think that's better than

RackMultipart.9827.0_crop_340x234_display_image.jpg?1321651161

Where as 81's uniform is entirely drenched in sweat.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Compare this mess of the Nike Jets uniform to the Reebok Jets uniform....at least the greens match up on the Reebok.

Nike

IMG_4143--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720+

Reebok

Philadelphia%252BEagles%252Bv%252BNew%252BYork%252BJets%252B0hSmisVIzhvl.jpg

That has nothing to do with the template, that's nike doing a terrible job.

Compare this mess of the Nike Jets uniform to the Reebok Jets uniform....at least the greens match up on the Reebok.

Nike

Reebok

That has nothing to do with the template, that's nike doing a terrible job.

Sure it does! If the template was so awesome then it would look as great as the Reebok template as it fits perfectly on the body of the players and it looks great on the field.

spacer.png

you're missing my point.

You can't take the worst case, highly altered scenario from one company and compare it to the best case from another and visa versa.

If you want to say the Alabama one is better than the Urlacher one from a fit and template situation that's fine but don't throw out something that a player went rouge on and say its the standard.

No, because at least the entire jersey being soaked in sweat is natural. It's not natural for people to only sweat from their belly, armpits, and the back of their shoulders. The fack that Nike uses materials designed (indirectly or not) to change colors drastically when wet is silly. Also, most Reebok fabrics didn't have the problem of changing colors when wet. The Seahawks unis immediately got darker (and all the players looked like they pissed themselves a quarter into the game), but most jerseys didn't show sweat nearly as much as that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Nike

Reebok

My God, Nike made a mess of the Jets jersey. Seeing them side by side is just a joke.

The green is definitely worse... But isn't that the only difference? (Fly wire obviously, but that's the case with 90% of the league)

90758391980.gif

No, because at least the entire jersey being soaked in sweat is natural. It's not natural for people to only sweat from their belly, armpits, and the back of their shoulders. The fack that Nike uses materials designed (indirectly or not) to change colors drastically when wet is silly. Also, most Reebok fabrics didn't have the problem of changing colors when wet. The Seahawks unis immediately got darker (and all the players looked like they pissed themselves a quarter into the game), but most jerseys didn't show sweat nearly as much as that.

Sure it is, because that's where people mostly sweat from. Nike made jerseys that traps that sweat there so that it doesn't soak the entire jersey.

Yes they did, they became much darker. This is true with all football jerseys. Are you even looking at the patriots jersey I posted?

Most jerseys show more sweat that than. Just look at this

107783812_crop_650x440.jpg?1311725264

You see that red side panel? That is the actual color of the jersey. The ENTIRE JERSEY is covered in sweat.

This argument on cuts and templates has nothing to do with college football uniform news, per se. Can we please stop or at least start its own discussion thread?

This thread should be closed since the 2012 season is over and there is already a 2013 thread.

Sure it is, because that's where people mostly sweat from. Nike made jerseys that traps that sweat there so that it doesn't soak the entire jersey.

Yes they did, they became much darker. This is true with all football jerseys. Are you even looking at the patriots jersey I posted?

Most jerseys show more sweat that than. Just look at this

107783812_crop_650x440.jpg?1311725264

You see that red side panel? That is the actual color of the jersey. The ENTIRE JERSEY is covered in sweat.

1. Nobody sweats primarily from the back of their shoulders and their belly, and it's completely ridiculous to claim that it looks better to have "hyper-advanced" sweat panels so only random polygons are dark rather than having the entire jersey get darker, like pretty much every fabric ever.

2. No, most fabrics did not have a drastic change, and the only one which was anything close to the Nike change was the materials used for "Seahawk blue". You can see the small area on #81's chest that isn't yet sweated-on, and it isn't a huge difference from the rest of his jersey. However, his jersey is darker than Brady's because Brady is in the foreground and the camera's flash focused on him.

3. No, the red side panel you are seeing is because of the light hitting different materials. And once agian, that is a far better look than white Nike gave them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived