College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure it is, because that's where people mostly sweat from. Nike made jerseys that traps that sweat there so that it doesn't soak the entire jersey.

Yes they did, they became much darker. This is true with all football jerseys. Are you even looking at the patriots jersey I posted?

Most jerseys show more sweat that than. Just look at this

107783812_crop_650x440.jpg?1311725264

You see that red side panel? That is the actual color of the jersey. The ENTIRE JERSEY is covered in sweat.

1. Nobody sweats primarily from the back of their shoulders and their belly, and it's completely ridiculous to claim that it looks better to have "hyper-advanced" sweat panels so only random polygons are dark rather than having the entire jersey get darker, like pretty much every fabric ever.

2. No, most fabrics did not have a drastic change, and the only one which was anything close to the Nike change was the materials used for "Seahawk blue". You can see the small area on #81's chest that isn't yet sweated-on, and it isn't a huge difference from the rest of his jersey. However, his jersey is darker than Brady's because Brady is in the foreground and the camera's flash focused on him.

3. No, the red side panel you are seeing is because of the light hitting different materials. And once agian, that is a far better look than white Nike gave them.

Camera tricks? Really? You're telling me that you've never watched a football game and seen the entire jersey covered in sweat? Nike solved that problem by limiting how it spreads. Does it look good? Not really, but who cares? That's the not the point. The point is that it works. It looks professional because there was time and money put into the jerseys. There was an effort to make them work well, rather than just slapping on some cheap material and calling it a football jersey. I don't know where you get this delusion that Nike just randomly decides to put all this mesh everywhere. Nobody would buy it if that were the case.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think that's better than

RackMultipart.9827.0_crop_340x234_display_image.jpg?1321651161

Where as 81's uniform is entirely drenched in sweat.

No, because at least the entire jersey being soaked in sweat is natural. It's not natural for people to only sweat from their belly, armpits, and the back of their shoulders. The fack that Nike uses materials designed (indirectly or not) to change colors drastically when wet is silly. Also, most Reebok fabrics didn't have the problem of changing colors when wet. The Seahawks unis immediately got darker (and all the players looked like they pissed themselves a quarter into the game), but most jerseys didn't show sweat nearly as much as that.

I don't understand why we are arguing about sweat when the true issue here is that we keep calling this patriots receiver "#81" like he is some random dude on the team. Come on guys...that's Randy :censored: ing Moss! I think he has earned instant identification.

On a related note, I may be the only one who likes the Nike Jets green better than the previous one. It's kind of an olive drab color that is underused in sports.

maehl.png

http://www.complex.c...ootball-season/

...yea.

"25 best uniforms of the 2012 college football season" according to Complex Magazine.

Number 22

22_437535.jpg

Camo! Lots of school's wore it in 2012. Wyoming's digi pattern struck gold.

I can't stop laughing.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

...yea.

"25 best uniforms of the 2012 college football season" according to Complex Magazine.

Number 22

22_437535.jpg

I can't stop laughing.

Yep, that's when I knew the list was going to be a joke.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

...yea.

Number 22

22_437535.jpg

I can't stop laughing.

Here is something I never thought I'd do (defend these p.o.s.), but here goes anyways for my school. They actually looked pretty awesome in action. At least the first time they were worn when it was raining. The gray got darker and they really looked badass.

20121013-KurtTaufaasauUWvsAF199-ms1.jpg

20121013-BlairBurnsUWvsAF45-ms1.jpg

...yea.

Whoever wrote this article has no taste IMO. The only uniforms I can agree that were good on this list are:

25. Texas A&M / 23. Utah State / 21. Kentucky / 14. Minnesota / 12. Northwestern / 11. Army (game vs Navy) / 10. Oklahoma State / 9. Arizona / 8. Rutgers / 7. Navy (game vs Army).

Even with that being said I would have change this list around order wise to something like this: 8 - 23 - 21 - 10 - 25 - 12 - 14 - 9 - 7 - 11.

But the worst uniform on this list for me is the Kent State bowl game uniform:

20_437535.jpg

spacer.png

logo.gifJoyDivision_logo_.png

maybe it's just me, and I'm not a font expert or a new order fan, but doesn't the new order font look a lot like new blalnce's and ditto for joy division and footjoy?

new-balance-logo-1.gifFJ_logo_v1_1.png

They do look similar as it appears both New Balance and FootJoy ripped off Joy Division and New order since the original band started in 1976 and New Order in 1980.

spacer.png

...yea.

Number 22

22_437535.jpg

I can't stop laughing.

Here is something I never thought I'd do (defend these p.o.s.), but here goes anyways for my school. They actually looked pretty awesome in action. At least the first time they were worn when it was raining. The gray got darker and they really looked badass.

No, it still looks terrible.

maybe it's just me, and I'm not a font expert or a new order fan, but doesn't the new order font look a lot like new blalnce's and ditto for joy division and footjoy?

They do look similar as it appears both New Balance and FootJoy ripped off Joy Division and New order since the original band started in 1976 and New Order in 1980.

The bands may have started in '76 and '80 but that doesn't mean they had those word marks back then.

90758391980.gif

That certianly doesn't prove anything and Footjoy has been around since at least 1927: http://www.footjoy.com/corporate/history.asp and New Balance since 1906: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Balance

Can we just Goldmine this an move onto 2013

As soon as someone stickies the 2013 thread, sure.

Archived