College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Anyone hear if WVU will be making any uniform changes? With us going to the Big 12 I think now would be the perfect time. Plus we've had our current one's for 5 years! (An eternity in the world of NIKE).

Oh and any ideas or predictions on which teams will get the Pro Combat treatment? I could see USC finally getting one for sure. Especially since they're expected to be back on the map so to speak this fall.

SC turned down the alternating shoulder thing in the past. I'm not generally a football uniform purist, but I hate the idea of SC doing Pro Combat.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

396980_329883293701918_100000407490044_1068708_641367567_n.jpg

Actually... I really want to hate that, but I have to admit, it looks kind of badass. The flyware fits with the pants stripe.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Anyone hear if WVU will be making any uniform changes? With us going to the Big 12 I think now would be the perfect time. Plus we've had our current one's for 5 years! (An eternity in the world of NIKE).

Oh and any ideas or predictions on which teams will get the Pro Combat treatment? I could see USC finally getting one for sure. Especially since they're expected to be back on the map so to speak this fall.

USC was invited the first time and declined. Not sure why that would change (although they can wear black socks now so who knows).

Actually... I really want to hate that, but I have to admit, it looks kind of badass. The flyware fits with the pants stripe.

And it leaves out their primary school color, so of course you love it. Baylor's colors were chosen to resemble a field of dandelions. Not sure this does that in any way whatsoever.

USC was invited the first time and declined. Not sure why that would change (although they can wear black socks now so who knows).

They have a different coach now, so who knows?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

a decision like that goes above kiffin and hayden may even have to get permission...with that being said I don't think the alumni base would be up in arms if they did something retro inspired and subtle like alabama did

a decision like that goes above kiffin and hayden may even have to get permission...with that being said I don't think the alumni base would be up in arms if they did something retro inspired and subtle like alabama did

FWIW, that was a part of the contract Nike signed with Bama (and tOSU and a few others) which is why they did it. I think Bama would have preferred to not participate at all. PCR is not a part of the Nike-USC contract as far as I understand it, so I wouldn't expect that. Nike would have preferred a more dramatic shift than Bama and Texas allowed. That is why Texas didn't participate in year 2.

And it leaves out their primary school color, so of course you love it. Baylor's colors were chosen to resemble a field of dandelions. Not sure this does that in any way whatsoever.

Really? If that was the case, I would've loved Oregon's grey pants, or the potential Illinois blackout helmet (to name a few). I hated both of those. The flyware is not very visible on the regular jerseys, which I think is a good thing, because they would not have matched the pants unless they colored the flyware white, and wore green pants with white "claws" (I don't think gold would work). Green on black should be a disaster, but the flyware actually saves this design because it goes with the pants. Also, it's much better that they aren't using their gold helmet with this particular design.

I like design. I don't care about the colors except for if they go well together. I go for design above everything, and the flyware macthes the design well, so I like it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well, the pants just look bad because they're an old design. I get that they took Cal's design because of the same nickname, but can't they come up with a new design? That's not even all that claw-like.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FWIW, that was a part of the contract Nike signed with Bama (and tOSU and a few others) which is why they did it. I think Bama would have preferred to not participate at all. PCR is not a part of the Nike-USC contract as far as I understand it, so I wouldn't expect that. Nike would have preferred a more dramatic shift than Bama and Texas allowed. That is why Texas didn't participate in year 2.

that all makes sense...overall I'm starting to think the pro combat promotion has been successful as it's given attention to some of the not quite elite schools and has created a live test environment to test out concepts...what I would've expected a little more of is for teams to adopt a few elements into their traditional uniforms but that really hasn't happened except in cases like boise and tcu...fsu should've switched to the pro combat number font on their regular jerseys.

let me clarify though...I think this program has been successful for nike and the participating programs but the law of unintended consequences reared its ugly head this past season where the DIY pro combats and mix and match mania from the smaller schools combined with adidas' hastily done one-off's have created an aesthetic nightmare for the cfb purists...when it was just nike things felt a bit more under control and better coordinated but now we have reached the realm of uniform chaos theory in cfb.

Texas Longhorns next in line for something nuts?

This info comes from a Texas "insider" type site, but has been copied and pasted on several free boards the past few days, so I don't feel too bad about posting a snippet on this board. Below is a conversation between the site's moderator (JS) and a rich alum guy (BC) who likes to share info and has a pretty decent track record over the past year or so. The conversation was primarily football talk, but they discussed uniforms towards the end and that's what I am posting below. Anywho...

##################

JS: Any other tidbits?

BC: Yep, and quite frankly I hate it. Evidently Nike has sent three different uniform mock-ups for us to test this spring and potentially implement for next season. I'm told they involve black, white, and burnt orange and are similar in nature to what Oregon does with their uniforms. I don't know if the shiny helmet thing is being discussed but I don't like going away from tradition. Especially the whites. If we messed with the road whites I think we'd be crossing the line.

JS: How do the kids like it though? I imagine this would help recruiting.

BC: I suppose it would, but they better win if they're going to make changes to the uniform. But yes, the kids absolutely love the stuff. Heck, they loved the subtle change we made to the socks during the bowl games. I can't imagine if they went to the mirror helmet. I think that would be too much.

JS: I agree. But I can't wait to see what they're proposing.

BC: You'll see it in spring practice. But for now that's all I've got.

JS: Thanks.

Well, if Texas is going to do some stupid :censored:, then all hope is lost.

According to Uniwatch, Carolina is getting Jordan gear, but I don't know if that will include uniforms (they'd be pretty foolish not to try and include uniforms).

Thats dumb, Please Jordan stay out of other sports but basketball

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

This info comes from a Texas "insider" type site, but has been copied and pasted on several free boards the past few days, so I don't feel too bad about posting a snippet on this board. Below is a conversation between the site's moderator (JS) and a rich alum guy (BC) who likes to share info and has a pretty decent track record over the past year or so. The conversation was primarily football talk, but they discussed uniforms towards the end and that's what I am posting below. Anywho...

##################

BC: Yep, and quite frankly I hate it. Evidently Nike has sent three different uniform mock-ups for us to test this spring and potentially implement for next season. I'm told they involve black, white, and burnt orange and are similar in nature to what Oregon does with their uniforms. I don't know if the shiny helmet thing is being discussed but I don't like going away from tradition. Especially the whites. If we messed with the road whites I think we'd be crossing the line.

BC: I suppose it would, but they better win if they're going to make changes to the uniform. But yes, the kids absolutely love the stuff. Heck, they loved the subtle change we made to the socks during the bowl games. I can't imagine if they went to the mirror helmet. I think that would be too much.

That guy's an idiot and has never been to a practice. He has conversations with himself and passes them off as though they actually happened. Nike, of course, wants Texas to change. Texas has thusfar said no (other than PCR and the black socks at home). They send Texas lots of samples, but I doubt that happens while Mack is the coach and DKR is still alive. Heck, I'd be surprised to see any of that stuff during their practices.

According to Uniwatch, Carolina is getting Jordan gear, but I don't know if that will include uniforms (they'd be pretty foolish not to try and include uniforms).

Thats dumb, Please Jordan stay out of other sports but basketball

jordan brand has been going football cleats, gloves, etc. since it started in the late 90's...I'm surprised it took nike this long to put the jumpman on a football jersey

##################

That guy's an idiot and has never been to a practice. He has conversations with himself and passes them off as though they actually happened. Nike, of course, wants Texas to change. Texas has thusfar said no (other than PCR and the black socks at home). They send Texas lots of samples, but I doubt that happens while Mack is the coach and DKR is still alive. Heck, I'd be surprised to see any of that stuff during their practices.

We don't need to get into a discussion about the validity of JS, there are plenty of Texas boards for that. I was just passing along info related to Texas uniforms. JS's source(s) are decent enough to warrant a post regarding uniforms on this forum, IMO.

##################

We don't need to get into a discussion about the validity of JS, there are plenty of Texas boards for that. I was just passing along info related to Texas uniforms. JS's source(s) are decent enough to warrant a post regarding uniforms on this forum, IMO.

I was just referring to the fact that I actually go to closed practices and never see this guy there. Texas has been wearing orange, white and black at practices for a long time now, so I'm not sure what this guy thinks we'll see different. Obviously the new materials are fine, but why would Texas need to wear mock-up uniforms during practice? Either the program likes they way they look and will wear them or they don't and they won't. Texas has gotten plenty of mock-ups that they haven't worn.

Where is tradition these days? It seems like Texas may change it's unis to what is Oregon now with the black. I think the black should belong to a school like UofL, not Texas or Kentucky, who uses black in their color scheme. They and other schools like Texas Tech and Purdue should wear black because of the color scheme. Which looks better: Louisville, who has black as a main color http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200910/20091003pitt5_500.jpg Or Kentucky, who doesn't http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/smith-black.jpg . I think UofL should redo blackout using the current template and also bring the checkered pattern from UK's uniforms as Louisville is the Derby City. Add these, Louisville would be perfect (or be a Nike school).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Where is tradition these days? It seems like Texas may change it's unis to what is Oregon now with the black. I think the black should belong to a school like UofL, not Texas or Kentucky, who uses black in their color scheme. They and other schools like Texas Tech and Purdue should wear black because of the color scheme. Which looks better: Louisville, who has black as a main color http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200910/20091003pitt5_500.jpg Or Kentucky, who doesn't http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/smith-black.jpg . I think UofL should redo blackout using the current template and also bring the checkered pattern from UK's uniforms as Louisville is the Derby City. Add these, Louisville would be perfect (or be a Nike school).

This post confuses me.

This post confuses me.

He thinks Louisville's going to a BCS bowl next year. That should tell you all you need to know.

Archived