College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Yep. I think I've said this before, but I remember an ESPN Oregon broadcast in which the Ducks were wearing the carbon-white w/ silver numbers- grey combo. Todd Blackledge (I think) finally broke out of game commentary in around the 2nd quarter and said something like "I'm sorry, but I've got to say it. This isn't Oregon. Oregon is green and yellow! You've got the AFL Oakland Raiders running around out here instead."

The way I see it, Oregon tries WAY too hard to be cool. The modern design elements they use are truly fantastic. When they wear green and yellow, they are quite possibly the best looking team in the nation. It's when they turn around and go LOOK RECRUITS WE HAZ KEWL CARBON STUFFS AND VOLT STUFFS LOL that the brand really suffers. They don't need it. Green and yellow is an awesome enough scheme that when paired with thier sharp modern elements, they stand out in a good way enough. There's your brand right there. That's it, all you need. Everything else is a gimmick.

They don't need it. But in an odd way, it would seem very un-Oregon to not have a black or "carbon" uniform. Oregon's tradition is breaking tradition, and they were the first team to start breaking it. I hated their Pro-Combats. But it was a very Oregon thing to do. Same with their Rose Bowl helmets. Oregon is the school that is constantly setting the trend that others follow. It just wouldn't look right if Oregon only wore Green and Yellow. You get what I'm saying?

Yes. That's exactly the problem they've created. They've made people *expect* to see schools wearing whatever color their outfitter pleases, to the point where it now looks odd when teams wear only their school colors. More or less it's a form of brainwashing, along the lines of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" except with lots of marketing dollars involved.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I think I've said this before, but I remember an ESPN Oregon broadcast in which the Ducks were wearing the carbon-white w/ silver numbers- grey combo. Todd Blackledge (I think) finally broke out of game commentary in around the 2nd quarter and said something like "I'm sorry, but I've got to say it. This isn't Oregon. Oregon is green and yellow! You've got the AFL Oakland Raiders running around out here instead."

The way I see it, Oregon tries WAY too hard to be cool. The modern design elements they use are truly fantastic. When they wear green and yellow, they are quite possibly the best looking team in the nation. It's when they turn around and go LOOK RECRUITS WE HAZ KEWL CARBON STUFFS AND VOLT STUFFS LOL that the brand really suffers. They don't need it. Green and yellow is an awesome enough scheme that when paired with thier sharp modern elements, they stand out in a good way enough. There's your brand right there. That's it, all you need. Everything else is a gimmick.

They don't need it. But in an odd way, it would seem very un-Oregon to not have a black or "carbon" uniform. Oregon's tradition is breaking tradition, and they were the first team to start breaking it. I hated their Pro-Combats. But it was a very Oregon thing to do. Same with their Rose Bowl helmets. Oregon is the school that is constantly setting the trend that others follow. It just wouldn't look right if Oregon only wore Green and Yellow. You get what I'm saying?

Yes. That's exactly the problem they've created. They've made people *expect* to see schools wearing whatever color their outfitter pleases, to the point where it now looks odd when teams wear only their school colors. More or less it's a form of brainwashing, along the lines of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" except with lots of marketing dollars involved.

No, they've made people expect Oregon to not be in school colors. I can't think of a single school who has come anywhere close to Oregon when it comes to not wearing school colors.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Not sure how many of you guys already do, but if you are interested in the new helmets for this year, you should like HGI on facebook. Lots of new NCAA and some new NFL helmets will be posted on their facebook page in the coming weeks and months.

University of Toledo has what looks to be matte yellow shells and gray jerseys this coming season (Under Armour).

They were posted on Instagram by Jordan Haden (Rockets DB, Joe Haden's younger brother.)

If I knew a way to save them from Instagram, I would share them here.

Smart phone users can look for themselves on instagram, username: ziggyzapphaden4

P.s. Not sure about gray jerseys, but I love the yellow shells. Blue rocket and blue facemask. Looks slick.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I don't think Oregon, tries too hard. I think they just do whatever they like, and recently,imo, its looked really really good. I think Maryland tries too hard, although i will say that the flag unis were the best ones they wore last year. i havent done much research, but i know that nike invests in the team, not just the uniforms, they have beautiful facilities. The uniforms are just what the public sees. Recruits im sure, like oregons uniforms, but im sure its the facilities that really draws them to the school. Maryland could have state of the art facilities, but i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt, because they have a mediocre team.

University of Toledo has what looks to be matte yellow shells and gray jerseys this coming season (Under Armour).

They were posted on Instagram by Jordan Haden (Rockets DB, Joe Haden's younger brother.)

Smart phone users can look for themselves on instagram, username: ziggyzapphaden4

P.s. Not sure about gray jerseys, but I love the yellow shells. Blue rocket and blue facemask. Looks slick.

Do you think we could find them on Google images?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Do you think we could find them on Google images?

Wouldn't hurt to try. But I'm not sure to tell you the truth.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

No, they've made people expect Oregon to not be in school colors. I can't think of a single school who has come anywhere close to Oregon when it comes to not wearing school colors.

Not every school applies, and of course Oregon is leading the way for the most part, but it wasn't an all-inclusive statement, just an observation about the general direction things are heading. I mean, there's Oklahoma State, Rutgers and dozens of college basketball teams going gray, Arizona State going black, possibly copper, Missouri and West Virginia going charcoal grey. It's more than just Oregon.

I wonder how Maryland would be viewed if they were a Nike school. Would people still think they are trying too hard or does that perception come from the fact that Under Armour is generally seen to be trying too hard when compared to Nike? Does the perception of Maryland directly relate to the perception of their outfitter, and would it be different if they had a different outfitter?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You can see the pic here.

Not every school applies, and of course Oregon is leading the way for the most part, but it wasn't an all-inclusive statement, just an observation about the general direction things are heading. I mean, there's Oklahoma State, Rutgers and dozens of college basketball teams going gray, Arizona State going black, possibly copper, Missouri and West Virginia going charcoal grey. It's more than just Oregon.

I wonder how Maryland would be viewed if they were a Nike school. Would people still think they are trying too hard or does that perception come from the fact that Under Armour is generally seen to be trying too hard when compared to Nike? Does the perception of Maryland directly relate to the perception of their outfitter, and would it be different if they had a different outfitter?

Maryland went further than just colors though. They did crazy patterns and :censored:, and made themselves look like crash test dummies. It was beyond adding grey or black. Nike never goes so far that it becomes Maryland-like, which is why Maryland is criticized, while the Nike schools are defended.

Wow, that helmet is actually really nice, thought it would've been better if it wasn't matte. The jersey is ugly though. I would love to see that helmet with Blue tops, and yellow pants.

Maryland went further than just colors though. They did crazy patterns and :censored:, and made themselves look like crash test dummies. It was beyond adding grey or black. Nike never goes so far that it becomes Maryland-like, which is why Maryland is criticized, while the Nike schools are defended.

you can't say maryland added black; they're colors are based on the state flag which carries yellow, black, red and white; i think nike would do a better job than under armour honestly if they were given this kind of freedome

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

you can't say maryland added black; they're colors are based on the state flag which carries yellow, black, red and white; i think nike would do a better job than under armour honestly if they were given this kind of freedome

I wasn't talking about Maryland when I said that. I was talking about how many Nike schools copy Oregon by just adding black or grey to their color scheme. Maryland went beyond that, but in a bad way.

I wasn't talking about Maryland when I said that. I was talking about how many Nike schools copy Oregon by just adding black or grey to their color scheme. Maryland went beyond that, but in a bad way.

Would there had been a "good" way to go beyond that?

Totally in love the helmet! As for Jordan, this isn't the first time he has let a cat out of the bag (uniform wise). Both him and Joe went to the same high school as me and the football team at the time was in the process of getting new Russell alternates with the school's throwback colors which are red and baby blue. Jordan goes through the head coach's phone and sends the designs to a bunch of friends. The entire football team gets the message and comes to school the next day wearing baby blue polos. They played the next day and loses by 30 points. The coach tracks back thru his phone and sees the messages. Jordan gets a three day suspension from our principal and the team went 0 for 8 when they wore them again. Til this day, everyone in our school believes that he cursed the uniforms. Point of the story is that, Toledo might be cursed this upcoming season. Just sayin. (**)^_^

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Totally in love the helmet! As for Jordan, this isn't the first time he has let a cat out of the bag (uniform wise). Both him and Joe went to the same high school as me and the football team at the time was in the process of getting new Russell alternates with the school's throwback colors which are red and baby blue. Jordan goes through the head coach's phone and sends the designs to a bunch of friends. The entire football team gets the message and comes to school the next day wearing baby blue polos. They played the next day and loses by 30 points. The coach tracks back thru his phone and sees the messages. Jordan gets a three day suspension from our principal and the team went 0 for 8 when they wore them again. Til this day, everyone in our school believes that he cursed the uniforms. Point of the story is that, Toledo might be cursed this upcoming season. Just sayin. (**)^_^

Well then I hope they wear them for Bowling Green game :grin:

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Great helmet... finally.

I'm asserting that if Nike had come out with the same design that it would be reviewed more favorably than it was; that Maryland's image suffers among this community (CCSLC) partly because Under Armour has a bad rap within this community.

That doesn't look like a gray jersey to me. That looks like a white jersey that's been made darker by bad lighting or an instagram filter.

That doesn't look like a gray jersey to me. That looks like a white jersey that's been made darker by bad lighting or an instagram filter.

It's gray.

Archived