College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Not at all. Ask 10 random people to close their eyes and picture the Oregon Ducks football uniform. I'm pretty sure at least 9 out of 10 will instantly describe one of their non-school colored over-the-top uniforms. Therefore, and I've already stated this and tired of beating a dead horse, THAT is a brand since it is instantly identified. You are only fighting with yourself over this. In fact, I'm willing to bet that their over-the-top branding is so successful, that when the Baylor basketball team played in those bright neon uniforms, a lot of people either thought it was Oregon or at the very least, Oregon popped into their heads. Can't get a stronger branding ID than that.

To you, I think Oregon is the perfect example of anti-traditional branding.

Nothing says successful branding like being able to confuse an Adidas uniform for a Nike one... If I could interchange Baylor and Oregon just based on the color neon, how is that successful branding? I may not be the most knowledgable on branding and identity but isn't that the opposite? I'm sorry but Oregon doesn't have any brand. Nike does.

You misread the post. She said that people think or Oregon before they think of Baylor in those uniforms. So, even though Baylor is the one wearing neon/volt, Oregon is the first thing that comes to their minds. It would be like people seeing polar bears, and instantly thinking of Coke.

No, she said that was what she believed. Out in the rest of the country, I'm not sure that Oregon is quite that foremost in everyone's thoughts.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all. Ask 10 random people to close their eyes and picture the Oregon Ducks football uniform. I'm pretty sure at least 9 out of 10 will instantly describe one of their non-school colored over-the-top uniforms. Therefore, and I've already stated this and tired of beating a dead horse, THAT is a brand since it is instantly identified. You are only fighting with yourself over this. In fact, I'm willing to bet that their over-the-top branding is so successful, that when the Baylor basketball team played in those bright neon uniforms, a lot of people either thought it was Oregon or at the very least, Oregon popped into their heads. Can't get a stronger branding ID than that.

To you, I think Oregon is the perfect example of anti-traditional branding.

Nothing says successful branding like being able to confuse an Adidas uniform for a Nike one... If I could interchange Baylor and Oregon just based on the color neon, how is that successful branding? I may not be the most knowledgable on branding and identity but isn't that the opposite? I'm sorry but Oregon doesn't have any brand. Nike does.

You misread the post. She said that people think or Oregon before they think of Baylor in those uniforms. So, even though Baylor is the one wearing neon/volt, Oregon is the first thing that comes to their minds. It would be like people seeing polar bears, and instantly thinking of Coke.

No, she said that was what she believed. Out in the rest of the country, I'm not sure that Oregon is quite that foremost in everyone's thoughts.

You know what, since you're a professor and all, I think it would cool to run an experiment. Show people a card of the color volt/neon, and ask people what's the first college they think of when they see that color. I think it would be interesting to see the result.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I associate Volt to my Nike shoes. Not a college. Oregon's used volt twice... As an outline and on socks. It's not like they came decked out in neon from head to toe (which Baylor actually did). I'll give you that it's Nike, but not Oregon.

But anyways, is there any news on releases, rumors, leaks? ANYTHING? Just so we don't kill this thread with Oregon talk like what's happened before.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I associate Volt to my Nike shoes. Not a college. Oregon's used volt twice... As an outline and on socks. It's not like they came decked out in neon from head to toe (which Baylor actually did). I'll give you that it's Nike, but not Oregon.

Give it time. :P

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

We have RAMjacked and CLEVEJACKED. It's only appropriate that we coin a new term for threads veered off topic by Oregon uniform talk. I'll suggest Oregon'd!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

We have RAMjacked and CLEVEJACKED. It's only appropriate that we coin a new term for threads veered off topic by Oregon uniform talk. I'll suggest Oregon'd!

I like it. It has a nice ring to it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ore-gone?

This mess keeps up and this thread's gon' be Ore-done.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I heard from an inside source that the new uniforms are gonna be made of a new lightweight paper

Ore-gami

Sorry. Bad one.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I guess I'll just BuckJack this and ask if anyone knows what this years Ohio State PC uni will be honoring? 1968 anyone?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Anyways I guess I'll just BuckJack this and ask if anyone knows what this years Ohio State PC uni will be honoring? 1968 anyone?

I hope its way out there this year just because its going to be Ohio States last one for awhile

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Yeah, I bet every Nike school will be on at least some variation of the Pro Combat template in the coming years. Most will have the older one, though, and not the Speed Machine.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived