College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I never really saw Mizzou as a Nike wonderchild. I always remembered the U, then Oregon. The Missouri teams I remember used the one cookie cutter template teams like Wyoming and Houston rock.

Which, I'm fairly certain, was created for Missouri.

The template just doesn't look good on any team. I guess Missouri would have to be the one thats only a bit tolerable, but Houston is terribe and Wyoming has one of the worst identities in the NCAA. It's party because of the use of different templates, including the Missou one, and bad colors.

missouri was definitely the original team to wear that nike design which is an offshoot of the miami template of that era...I also believe it has also been one of the most over-used nike templates next to the broncos template several years earlier.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll harp on my own team's behalf and say Georgia could use a few changes.

First, the pants need to get upgraded. The Current material rarely looks "silver"...considering the team's secondary nickname is the "silver britches", I'd prefer a uniform more like the one worn in the Stafford and Knowshon days. Also, black jerseys MUST return to the set. By far the classiest alternative uniform within the convoluted abyss that is the modern alternative uniform craze in college football. My biased opinion claims the red-black-silver look from 2007 was the best uniform in college football.

Also, those black pants worn in 2009 would look great with white shirts and red lids. Georgia has a traditional uniform, but they have changed plenty in the past. They aren't Bama. They could tastefully use some alternate looks.

knowshon+moreno+cuts+back+against+central+michigan+08+go+dawgs.jpg

slideshow_1373336_uga.1115_bs6.jpg

large_moreno.jpg

Georgia would definitely look good rocking the black jerseys, but please, no more black helmets or pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

@CRichardson

Black pants would be a great road option. As long as the helmet stays the same, I'm okay with some occasional different looks. Richt is one of those guys that will probably give in and bring back the black jerseys next year, too. Won't be surprised if we see them

I'll harp on my own team's behalf and say Georgia could use a few changes.

First, the pants need to get upgraded. The Current material rarely looks "silver"...considering the team's secondary nickname is the "silver britches", I'd prefer a uniform more like the one worn in the Stafford and Knowshon days. Also, black jerseys MUST return to the set. By far the classiest alternative uniform within the convoluted abyss that is the modern alternative uniform craze in college football. My biased opinion claims the red-black-silver look from 2007 was the best uniform in college football.

Also, those black pants worn in 2009 would look great with white shirts and red lids. Georgia has a traditional uniform, but they have changed plenty in the past. They aren't Bama. They could tastefully use some alternate looks.

slideshow_1373336_uga.1115_bs6.jpg

This is already one of the best uniforms in college football... I agree with your pants idea, but I'm not a huge fan of the black jerseys.

90758391980.gif

The black jerseys are ok. They're not excessively gaudy and they're not BFBS.

The black pants and helmets are bad, though. With few exceptions, Georgia has worn red helmets for nearly 50 years and as Brave-Bird said, they're called the Silver Britches, so I don't see why they shouldn't wear the silver pants with every uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's not just the nickname, though. Georgia has a damn good uniform set. There's no need to mess it up.

Anyone hear if WVU will be making any uniform changes? With us going to the Big 12 I think now would be the perfect time. Plus we've had our current one's for 5 years! (An eternity in the world of NIKE).

Oh and any ideas or predictions on which teams will get the Pro Combat treatment? I could see USC finally getting one for sure. Especially since they're expected to be back on the map so to speak this fall.

I sure do hope so, I have been waiting for WVU to get new unis. Seems like everyone else is changing every other year. I heard on a sports radio show that coach Holgerson said nothing will happen to till the follow season :(.

Call me a homer but I still think WVU had one of if not the best Pro Combat Unis made.

west_virginia_hero_low_res_display_image.jpg?1284063470

i agree, those looked cool, a few actually looked really good, off the top of my head though, i'd put mizzou, fsu, and though i'm not a fan of bfbs when its totally not appropriate i LOVED va techs, and could see the seahawks going with something similar to that with the switch.

just a side note, but Mizzou's pc's made me love matte helmets :)

I'm ready for the Vols to change things just a little bit. I'm not saying go completely "modern", just switch something up a little. I think we definitely need a double stripe lid to match the pants. I would really love to see an orange helmet but I doubt that will happen any time soon if ever. Also, would love to see an adidas legacy uni just for one game.

I think a double stripe on the helmet would work for Tennessee.

I'm ready for the Vols to change things just a little bit. I'm not saying go completely "modern", just switch something up a little. I think we definitely need a double stripe lid to match the pants. I would really love to see an orange helmet but I doubt that will happen any time soon if ever. Also, would love to see an adidas legacy uni just for one game.

Not going to see any changes under Dooley. He has resisted several things Adidas has pitched. Won't even let the team go all-orange.

Screen-Shot-2012-01-28-at-5.46.43-PM.png

Archived