Joe Paterno: Dead

Cujo

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people on Facebook seemed to be shocked that an 85-year old guy is about to take a dirt nap.

Really?

You seem shocked that people on Facebook aren't capable of having rational thoughts.

I don't know how I'll remember Paterno. College football seems oh so small when compared to real life issues that he was involved in. I hope he at least tells his family what happened with Sandusky.

RIP Joe Pa.

Yeah, the scandal really hurt his image a ton. But he's was still a fantastic coach and that's what he should be remembered for, but we all know that won't happen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

RIP Joe Pa.

Yeah, the scandal really hurt his image a ton. But he's was still a fantastic coach and that's what he should be remembered for, but we all know that won't happen.

Stunningly, some things are bigger than college football.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Always seems that when someone really old stops working/loses a spouse/etc. that they die shortly thereafter.

I didn't care about college football before I got to Penn State, I haven't cared about it since I left. I'm not going to get into the whole abuse thing again now either (yes, they should've fired him no doubt).

But thanks for 4 pretty fun years JoePa. RIP.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Too bad Joe Pa never got a real chance to explain himself other than that Newspaper interview.

1-He explained himself to the fourth Grand Jury. Further research may tell us if he met with the prior three which investigated Sandusky.

2- Paterno's people, based in D.C. contacted Sally Jenkins for the interview.

<a name="How-did-you-lan">How did you land the interview?

So many reporters/newspapers out there...how did the interview come to be? Did you contact the Paternos, or did they call you? Any idea why the Paternos selected you and the WP for the exclusive? Did you find him honest and believable?

Sally Jenkins : I was contacted by a representative for Paterno who said Paterno wanted to go public with someone and would we want the interview, given certain conditions. He didn't want to go on television, as he doesn't look great or sound great, and also the chemo affects his ability to be fully lucid at times. The conditions were that his lawyer be present, since he's a witness in an ongoing criminal trial, which, after discussing it with my editors, we agreed to. This next part answers a question from above: I wrote a column back in November about "acquaintance molesters" in which I interviewed an FBI profiler named Ken Lanning who outlined how a molester is able to embed himself so deeply in the community and become so trusted. My understanding is that Paterno felt it was more reasonable than some things had been written, which is why he gave me the interview. Which may be one way of saying they took me for a patsy. At any rate, we jumped at the interview, as everyone wants to know what Paterno has to say about this case.

It was not cancer that killed him. It was a broken heart.

Nah dude, it was cancer.

Hmph. Don't wanna die in shame, don't live a shameful life. Which he did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nah dude, it was cancer.

Hmph. Don't wanna die in shame, don't live a shameful life. Which he did.

This.

The guy was a scumbag. I'm not celebrating his death but I'm not going to feel sad about it either.

Today we are all Penn State Nitanny Lions.

Speak for yourself.

RIP Joe Pa.

No, he shouldn't be remembered for coaching. He should be remembered for doing as little as possible when children were in danger.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Nah dude, it was cancer.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived