2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clowney's not a Heisman finalist. That piece just mentions him because he's a finalist for the Bednarik Trophy.

The Heisman finalists Manziel, Klein, and Te'o

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Manziel vs T'eo for me. Despite the Freshman bias Johnny is facing, Manziel will win the Heisman. I don't know why Clowney is even a contender for the Heisman. I could name Braxton Miller, Teddy Bridgewater, and heck, Marquise Lee as better candidates than Javon Clowney.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I'm so glad Florida's getting singled out here.

I guess when you only play four teams in conference that won 10-11 games, and another 10 win team in a heated rivalry game, you should try scheduling more OOC games against legitimate foes.

You're right. Florida deserves a ton of credit for playing both LSU and A&M (and beating them) in addition to SC and UGA.

With regards to the Heisman, I really like both players and both are deserving, however Manti Teo is a senior and how he has transformed Notre Dame into a National Championship team is phenomenal. And let's face it, Manziel will probably win the next three years and contend for Nat'l Championships. Johnny Football can wait a year.

Show me an AQ school that travels out of conference 2 times a year...much less to a smaller school.

Well, for starters:

Miami went to K-State and Notre Dame this year. Michigan played vs. Alabama at a neutral site and at Notre Dame.

Miami/Notre Dame was at Soldier Field.

That's strange. Miami's schedule on ESPN doesn't have that marked as a neutral site game. Thanks for the correction.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They had a 12 win team, two 11 win teams, and three 10 win teams. Can you deny their legitimacy?

I would just wish worthier teams than Wisky or NIU were in that field. Such as Oklahoma and South Carolina.

Sure I can. The aforementioned teams really didn't play each other cross divisions. Classic SEC non-conference scheduling gives you 3-4 guaranteed wins right there if you're competent, and 4 wins in division play in you are decent. If your worst-case scenario is 7-8 wins, how much credit should you really get for 10?

Again, the Big XII was pound for pound the toughest Conference in the land this season. The only problem is that the round robin pretty much guarantees the Big XII 6th place team will have 4-5 league losses while the 6th place SEC team could have only 2 with a few scheduling breaks. And because people are lazy, they don't do that kind of thinking or basic analysis and just assume the SEC is awesome.

+1 besides Florida's rivalry game against fsu the only real non conference game the sec played was Alabama vs mich most years its only one y do they keep getting props for lame out of conference games vs fcs sun belt and mac teams?? good thing they play 8 games in conference if they did the 9 they never play a worthy game outta conference!!! they don't leave home for non conference games mostly as well when u have all but one team in bowls(big xii) should that not mean your the better conference??

Only one, huh? While I can't speak for every SEC team, I can speak for LSU and say that's not the case.

2013: TCU

2012: Washington

2011: Oregon and WVU

2010: UNC and WVU

2009: Washington

2007: Virginia Tech

2006: Arizona

2005: ASU

But I mean.. it only happens once, right?

im talking about this year and lets be honest Washington aint all that good that stanford win was a fluke, i think rams80 had it right with the in conference scheduling, play nine games and more then one decent team outside of conference in there place not home or a netural site and dont count the rival games every year and then get back to me, i mean the sec fattens up on cupcakes cause"conference play is sooooooooooo hard"

They went into West Virginia last year. You want to name any other handicaps to try and make your point?

my point im sick of the pay out games big schools need to play little schools on the road.

It's very simple: they can't handle a game of that size. Accommodating the fans with hotels, restaurants, bars, seating, etc...logistic and practical nightmare.

Show me an AQ school that travels out of conference 2 times a year...much less to a smaller school.

South Carolina is going TO Central Florida next year and that is really pushing it. They have capacity of barely 40,000...we will bring around 15,000. Only reason it makes any sense is for recruiting purposes and it is in Orlando.

We even traveled to play East Carolina this year, but had to play at the Panthers Stadium in Charlotte because ECU's stadium is only around 35,000.

Asking an SEC team to travel to Cullowhee, NC to play Western Carolina...ain't gonna happen.

Oregon is playing @Nevada next year. In 2017, they are playing @Wyoming.

Arizona is going @UNLV in 2013, @UTSA (yes, UTSA) in 2014, and @Hawaii in 2019-2020

Arizona State is playing @New Mexico in 2014, @UTSA in 2016, and @San Diego State in 2018.

Cal is playing @ San Diego State in 2016

Oregon State is playing @San Deigo State in 2013, @Hawaii in 2014, and @Nevada in 2016

Stanford is playing @ ARMY (yes, ARMY) in 2013, and @ Rice in either 2016 or 2017.

UCLA played @Rice this year, @UNLV in 2015, @Nevada in 2016, and @Memphis in 2017.

USC is playing @Hawaii in 2013

Utah doesn't have much of thier schedule filled out yet, but they played @Utah State this year

Washington is playing @Hawaii in 2014, and @Boise State in 2015

Washington State played @UNLV this year, @Nevada in 2014, and @Wyoming in 2018

Keep in mind, I only counted road trips to non AQ teams. There are plenty of roads games to BCS schools (Oregon going to Ohio State, Arizona State going to LSU, Washington going to Auburn). Oh, and those SEC games? So far, there is no road game for the SEC teams scheduled. They have the money to do it, they just don't want to.

PS: please defend Florida not playing a non conference game outside the state of Florida since 1991. I would LOVE to have someone defend that for me.

As much as I hate to, I have to admit that the SEC plays just as good of a non-conference schedule as any other conference, if not better. I just wish that the SEC's top teams would play the top teams from the other division more frequently.

Have you not seen ANY of the arguments here?

You know what

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/ncaa-football-schedules.php

Have fun. Don't just speculate, look it up for yourself.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oh, and I looked up the SEC schedules as well.

Alabama is not traveling to a non AQ school anytime soon.

Neither is Arkansas

Neither is Auburn

Neither is Florida

Neither is Georgia

Neither is Kentucky

Neither is LSU

Mississippi played @Troy this year, @South Alabama in 2014, @Southern Miss in 2015, and @Louisiana Tech in 2016, but all of those are really close to Starkville

Missouri played @UCF this year, @ Toledo in 2014, @Memphis in 2015, and @Wyoming in 2018

Ole Miss played @Tulane this year, @Memphis in 2015 and 2017, and @UAB in 2016

South Carolina is playing @UCF in 2013, and @East Carolina in 2015

Tennessee is playing @Memphis in 2017

Texas A&M played @Louisiana Tech and @ SMU this year, @SMU in 2014

Vanderbilt is playing @Umass in 2013 and 2018, @MTSU in 2015 and 2017

So you see, even on the occasion that an SEC team DOES play a non AQ school on the road, with few exceptions, they are all in the south. The SEC does not want to venture outside of the south because they don't want to risk losing to non AQ teams.

Wait.. So first people were complaining the SEC doesn't play enough big name OOC opponents, now they don't play enough small schools on the road? Give me a break.

You want me to prove that they don't play big opponents either?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

its both they dont play any ooc games on the road period the fact FL has not played a ooc out of the state in over 20 years proves my point. y not have every "power conference" team play one road ooc and one ooc game against teams from the other power conferences and no rivaly games dont count. LSU is close to being the only exception, more teams need the ol fresno st motto:

anytime

anyplace

anywhere.

Manziel vs T'eo for me. Despite the Freshman bias Johnny is facing, Manziel will win the Heisman. I don't know why Clowney is even a contender for the Heisman. I could name Braxton Miller, Teddy Bridgewater, and heck, Marquise Lee as better candidates than Javon Clowney.

First, get his name right. It's Jadeveon.

Have you not seen him play? I am not being biased at all here because of how many would agree with me, but he is the best defensive football player in the nation. He is a man among boys on the football field and would rip Teddy Bridgewater a new anus. The guy is just a freak of nature...and demands a double team to even come close to containing him. Ask Aaron Murray or Tajh Boyd about him...when they check under their beds at night, it isn't for the boogie man. It is for Jadeveon Clowney.

He will be a Top 3 draft selection in 2014.

Why does it matter if they play non-AQ schools on the road? Who cares? So Oregon goes into Wyoming and puts up 56 points. That makes them better than an equal SEC team? The fact is you will keep on bringing up points to try and hurt the legitimacy of the SEC. Maybe you need to start wondering why Oregon pads their schedule with cupcakes. Remember until they played Stanford, their notable win was against #24 Arizona. My word, thats a resume.

its both they dont play any ooc games on the road period the fact FL has not played a ooc out of the state in over 20 years proves my point.

they played one back in 2007 against Ohio State in Arizona, I think?

oh and why no love for klien for the heisman? more td's then manzel and more valueable to his team then t'eo, one bad game against a riseing baylor team and he is left in the dust? come on!

Based on your grammar, I'm going to post something that maybe you can understand.

8189259625_609e233112_b.jpg

its both they dont play any ooc games on the road period the fact FL has not played a ooc out of the state in over 20 years proves my point.

they played one back in 2007 against Ohio State in Arizona, I think?

nope

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/03/24/uf-nonconference-road-games/

Again, please defend this.

Why does it matter if they play non-AQ schools on the road? Who cares? So Oregon goes into Wyoming and puts up 56 points. That makes them better than an equal SEC team? The fact is you will keep on bringing up points to try and hurt the legitimacy of the SEC. Maybe you need to start wondering why Oregon pads their schedule with cupcakes. Remember until they played Stanford, their notable win was against #24 Arizona. My word, thats a resume.

Arkansas State and Fresno State both went 9-3 this year. Did you not read my earlier post?

Oregon is playing Tennessee next year, Michigan State the next, @ Michigan State after that, a home and home with Texas A&M in 2018-19, and a home and home with Ohio State in 2020-2021. Could you please look this stuff up next time before commenting?

Archived