2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

But Carroll went to the NFL where sanctions couldn't follow him. If it would be sanctions, Bielema could still feel the impact from them.

Well, the real problem is sanctions never actually hurt the coach in the first place...it hurts the program, the players, and the fans.

Someone like Pete Carroll (who is a complete POS and low life) should have suffered some serious punishment and personally, I am surprised a group of boosters and fans haven't filed a Class Action Lawsuit against him (and anyone else who has committed the same).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you REALLY think Mississippi State is an 8 win team?

No, I think they are a 9-win team after they win their bowl game.

9/10, made me chuckle.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

My prediction for bowl games:

Break down of conference bowl W/L records.

ACC - (3-3) - Losses by: Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech

BIG 12 - (5-4) - Losses by: Iowa St., Kansas St., Oklahoma, TCU

BIG EAST - (2-3) - Losses by: Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse

BIG TEN - (1-6) - Losses by: Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin

C-USA - (2-3) - Losses by: East Carolina, Rice, SMU

INDY - (1-2) - Losses by: Navy, Notre Dame

MAC - (1-6) - Losses by: Ball St., Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Kent St., Northern Illinois, Toledo

MTW - (3-2) - Losses by: Nevada, San Diego St.

PAC-12 - (5-3) - Losses by: Oregon St., UCLA, Washington

SEC - (7-2) - Losses by: Ole Miss, Vanderbilt

SUN BELT - (3-1) - Losses by: UL-Monroe

WAC - (2-0)

Just my 2 cents.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Paul Chryst making a comeback to Madison perhaps?

That occurred to me. But why this move from Bielema? I'd say one of two things:

1. AD Barry Alverez was leaning on him too much and did not react well to the down year

2. He's leaving Pete Carrol style and the NCAA sanctions are on their way.

2 makes more sense, since Barry hand picked him and he actually adjusted reasonably well to the very shaky start this year.

1. AD Barry Alverez was leaning on him too much and did not react well to the down year

2 makes more sense, since Barry hand picked him and he actually adjusted reasonably well to the very shaky start this year.

3. $EC Money :P

That's the one that makes the most sense to me.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

3. $EC Money :P

That's the one that makes the most sense to me.

Yeah, at the time, I was unaware of the salary increase. Makes sense and I hope it's the case.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My prediction for bowl games:

Break down of conference bowl W/L records.

ACC - (3-3) - Losses by: Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech

BIG 12 - (5-4) - Losses by: Iowa St., Kansas St., Oklahoma, TCU

BIG EAST - (2-3) - Losses by: Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse

BIG TEN - (1-6) - Losses by: Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin

C-USA - (2-3) - Losses by: East Carolina, Rice, SMU

INDY - (1-2) - Losses by: Navy, Notre Dame

MAC - (1-6) - Losses by: Ball St., Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Kent St., Northern Illinois, Toledo

MTW - (3-2) - Losses by: Nevada, San Diego St.

PAC-12 - (5-3) - Losses by: Oregon St., UCLA, Washington

SEC - (7-2) - Losses by: Ole Miss, Vanderbilt

SUN BELT - (3-1) - Losses by: UL-Monroe

WAC - (2-0)

Just my 2 cents.

I could see USU and SJSU winning both of their games and it would be interesting to see the WAC go out on such a positive note. Also I'm not so sure ULM will lose to Ohio, that will definitely be a hell of a game.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

You totally underestimate the value of a bowl game and what it does for a program and conference in the form of recruiting and national exposure.

"I have been made to realize that Alabama has a good football program! This makes me want to go to Mississippi State."

Read the rest of my reply to rams80 as why, in some ways, a win for Alabama in the NCG is a win for Miss State, Kentucky, or anyone else in the conference. Or why that extra bid into a BCS game for Florida also helps those same teams.

Perhaps I'm an idiot, but this way of thinking does not make sense to me.

Here's how I see it and I'm going to use the NFL as an example.

The Cowboys have lost to a hated division rival in a playoff setting 3 out of the last five years. Two of those years they lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champ. Losing to the Giants didn't make me go, "man, I sure hope the Giants win it all now because it makes the Cowboys look better!" Instead, I wanted to see the Giants pummeled for ending our season.

The SEC dominance hasn't been a domination by the whole conference. It's been really just three teams in LSU, Alabama, Florida and one random Auburn title, winning these NCs.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

First freshman to win the Heisman. Well, no one else in the country really deserved it. The only other person you could make any kind of case for is Jordan Lynch (QB leading the nation in rushing and had 3000 yards passing, 24td 5ints), and from a statistical stand point, he did. But again, he played on a MAC team. I would've at least liked to have seen him get a bit more attention for the monstrous season he had, but I'm not complaining about Johnny Football winning it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Congrats to Manziel. That's a hell of an achievement.

If circumstances hadn't fallen into place to allow Bama to squirm their way back into the "championship" game, I would have said that he deserved it solely for knocking off Alabama.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Will we see Army beat Navy in the next 5 years?

Unfortunately for West Point, they don't show sprint football on TV, and the regular team seems to think ball security is unimportant, otherwise we would've seen it this year.

On a personal tangent, between the Wisconsin Div. 7 state championship game, the Niners' beatdown of the Bears, and Army's offense, I've seen more of the T formation in this past month than most of the rest of my 29 years of life combined. Not sure what that means exactly, just something I've noticed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

First freshman to win the Heisman. Well, no one else in the country really deserved it. The only other person you could make any kind of case for is Jordan Lynch (QB leading the nation in rushing and had 3000 yards passing, 24td 5ints), and from a statistical stand point, he did. But again, he played on a MAC team. I would've at least liked to have seen him get a bit more attention for the monstrous season he had, but I'm not complaining about Johnny Football winning it.

Johnny earned the Heisman Trophy. I would agree that Jordan Lynch should be given more respect.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Did anyone catch that Georgia Southern game earlier? Down by 14 at the start of the 4th quarter...ended up winning the game by 14. They have the 3rd most wins in college football history behind Michigan and Notre Dame.

...and for a small place like Statesboro, those people can party with the best of them.

This probably won't be a blip on most people's radar, but Winston-Salem State has advanced to the Division II Championship Game. Seeing as how HBCUs are usually one and done in the playoffs, it's kind of a big deal.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived