2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

If he stays, Tajh Boyd is on the watch list. Dude had a monster year this year and was pretty much ignored.

13ints.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he stays, Tajh Boyd is on the watch list. Dude had a monster year this year and was pretty much ignored.

13ints.

And 43 touchdowns. 7 of those picks came in 3 sloppy games. If he can clean that up, I think he'll have a solid season with all the talent around him next year -- but we'll see, since Clemson is Clemson.

Also, James White from Wisconsin.

13ints.

And 43 touchdowns. 7 of those picks came in 3 sloppy games. If he can clean that up, I think he'll have a solid season with all the talent around him next year -- but we'll see, since Clemson is Clemson.

We played sloppy when he went up against good teams. And as you said, Clemson is Clemson. I'm not gonna buy in on Boyd yet.

Also, how about Giovani Bernard? One of the most complete players in the nation. He'll get a lot more attention next year, when North Carolina isn't on probation.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

13ints.

We played sloppy when he went up against good teams. And as you said, Clemson is Clemson. I'm not gonna buy in on Boyd yet.

Also, how about Giovani Bernard? One of the most complete players in the nation. He'll get a lot more attention next year, when North Carolina isn't on probation.

Gio is probably going pro. He may come back, but I doubt it.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm calling Jadeveon Clowney for next year's Heisman winner and first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft. The first player to win the award solely on their defensive excellence.

If Te'o can come that close mainly for his story and not so much his domination on the field or his ability to change a game, then it should unfold.

Keep dreaming.

My pick is Aaron Murray or Mike Gillisley. Georgia is going to be a contender next year, and Gillisley is going to eventually become a beast.

No reason to think he couldn't be if Te'o could contend for it with nowhere near the talent, statistics, or threat on the field as a gamechanger. No one gameplans around Te'o like they do for someone like Clowney.

You do know Clowney finished 6th in the Heisman ballot this year, right?

If not, I feel the #1 draft pick is almost guaranteed. Some analysts predicted him as a 1st or 2nd rounder had he been able to go straight from high school. He is what they call a "once in 10 years" type of player.

I'm calling Jadeveon Clowney for next year's Heisman winner and first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft. The first player to win the award solely on their defensive excellence.

If Te'o can come that close mainly for his story and not so much his domination on the field or his ability to change a game, then it should unfold.

Keep dreaming.

My pick is Aaron Murray or Mike Gillisley. Georgia is going to be a contender next year, and Gillisley is going to eventually become a beast.

No reason to think he couldn't be if Te'o could contend for it with nowhere near the talent, statistics, or threat on the field as a gamechanger. No one gameplans around Te'o like they do for someone like Clowney.

If not, I feel the #1 draft pick is almost guaranteed. Some analysts predicted him as a 1st or 2nd rounder had he been able to go straight from high school. He is what they call a "once in 10 years" type of player.

Teo was the leader of one of the best defenses in the nation, and the number 1 team in the nation. Clowney is going to need another Heisman year like this one (a year with pretty mediocre candidates) to have a chance.

Keep dreaming.

Teo was the leader of one of the best defenses in the nation, and the number 1 team in the nation. Clowney is going to need another Heisman year like this one (a year with pretty mediocre candidates) to have a chance.

This is not a statistic or metric in rating a Heisman candidate. Clowney is part of one of the best defenses in the nation, as well. We will find out how good Notre Dame's defense really is in a month.

Again, Clowney has the statistics, talent, and upside over Te'o by far.

Keep dreaming.

This is not a statistic or metric in rating a Heisman candidate. Clowney is part of one of the best defenses in the nation, as well. We will find out how good Notre Dame's defense really is in a month.

South Carolina went 10-2. Notre Dame went 12-0. The only reason Manziel won is because he beat Alabama.

Keep dreaming.

South Carolina went 10-2. Notre Dame went 12-0. The only reason Manziel won is because he beat Alabama.

Ha, you are hilarious. First off, South Carolina and Notre Dame are teams- not Heisman candidates. I won't go into comparing the two teams.

Second, Manziel won the Heisman because he broke records held by Archie Manning, Cam Newton, and Tim Couch in the SEC. He rushed for over 1,000 yards while throwing for 3,000...one of 5 players in college football history to do that. The only as a freshman. That included 3 games of 300+ passing and 100+ rushing, only player in history to accomplish that.

Take away your thoughts about leading his team to victory in Alabama or actually watching him on television, if you will. Look at his stats alone and it is a no brainer; it is ridiculous for people to downplay his award by saying the pool was weak when exceeded the things done by past Heisman winners.

My outside homer pick for Heisman is DeMarcus Lawrence, a talented DE on an underrated Boise State defense. He should be on Outland watch lists next year at least.

My homer pick for the Heisman next year is Teddy Bridgewater. Whenever I watch him play, he never made a bad pass and makes many of these throws look so easy. What really made think of him being a contender for next year was when he played Rutgers. Teddy went out there with a broken wrist and sprained ankle and just nearly dominated against the Rutgers defense (which is actually really good). Not to mention, his passer rating is off the charts with a passer rating of 161.6, which is good enough for #7 in the nation according to ESPN. A good test for his Heisman stock would be in the Sugar Bowl against Florida. However, Manziel, Miller (Braxton), and Javon Clowney are my objective favs.

Lights, DeMarcus Lawernce is a good choice for the Outland, but not for the Heisman.

https://www.youtube....e&v=R-ABHz2-1UQ

The link shows Teddy Bridgewater at his finest.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

My outside homer pick for Heisman is DeMarcus Lawrence, a talented DE on an underrated Boise State defense. He should be on Outland watch lists next year at least.

My homer pick for the Heisman next year is Teddy Bridgewater. Whenever I watch him play, he never made a bad pass and makes many of these throws look so easy. What really made think of him being a contender for next year was when he played Rutgers. Teddy went out there with a broken wrist and sprained ankle and just nearly dominated against the Rutgers defense (which is actually really good). Not to mention, his passer rating is off the charts with a passer rating of 161.6, which is good enough for #7 in the nation according to ESPN. A good test for his Heisman stock would be in the Sugar Bowl against Florida. However, Manziel, Miller (Braxton), and Javon Clowney are my objective favs.

Lights, DeMarcus Lawernce is a good choice for the Outland, but not for the Heisman.

https://www.youtube....e&v=R-ABHz2-1UQ

The link shows Teddy Bridgewater at his finest.

My homer pick for Heisman is Tre Roberson because he plays quarterback for Indiana.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My homer pick for the Heisman next year is Teddy Bridgewater. Whenever I watch him play, he never made a bad pass and makes many of these throws look so easy. What really made think of him being a contender for next year was when he played Rutgers. Teddy went out there with a broken wrist and sprained ankle and just nearly dominated against the Rutgers defense (which is actually really good). Not to mention, his passer rating is off the charts with a passer rating of 161.6, which is good enough for #7 in the nation according to ESPN. A good test for his Heisman stock would be in the Sugar Bowl against Florida.

1) You don't need to preface any of your posts with a "homer" tag, because with you, trust me, we know.

2) He NEVER made a bad pass? NEVER? So each one of those 7 INTs were all the receivers fault?

3) If we're using passer rating as a Heisman qualifying statistic, David Fales of San Jose State, no. 3 in passer rating, has a better claim to a Heisman (along with better %, more yards, more completions, more TDs). Hell, Derek Carr of Fresno State (freaking Fresno) has just as good to a Heisman claim as good ol' Teddy.

4) Theodore freaking Bridgewater has no Heisman stock, and Louisville isn't going to come close to beating Florida, so any "Heisman stock" he "has" will be whitewashed and set on fire.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

My homer pick for the Heisman next year is Teddy Bridgewater. Whenever I watch him play, he never made a bad pass and makes many of these throws look so easy. What really made think of him being a contender for next year was when he played Rutgers. Teddy went out there with a broken wrist and sprained ankle and just nearly dominated against the Rutgers defense (which is actually really good). Not to mention, his passer rating is off the charts with a passer rating of 161.6, which is good enough for #7 in the nation according to ESPN. A good test for his Heisman stock would be in the Sugar Bowl against Florida.

1) You don't need to preface any of your posts with a "homer" tag, because with you, trust me, we know.

2) He NEVER made a bad pass? NEVER? So each one of those 7 INTs were all the receivers fault?

3) If we're using passer rating as a Heisman qualifying statistic, David Fales of San Jose State, no. 3 in passer rating, has a better claim to a Heisman (along with better %, more yards, more completions, more TDs). Hell, Derek Carr of Fresno State (freaking Fresno) has just as good to a Heisman claim as good ol' Teddy.

4) Theodore freaking Bridgewater has no Heisman stock, and Louisville isn't going to come close to beating Florida, so any "Heisman stock" he "has" will be whitewashed and set on fire.

How about you grow a pair and start giving him some respect.

1.) I don't mind being called that as long as I don't break any rules

2.) He did make a few bad passes. What I meant was that Teddy usually throws a near perfect pass 8 out of 10 times.

3.) I used it to back up Bridgewater's stats to prove his status as a very good QB like completing 69 % passing pct and almost 3500 yards passing.

4.) We'll wait and see on January 2nd on who is better.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived