2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

I'm calling Jadeveon Clowney for next year's Heisman winner and first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft. The first player to win the award solely on their defensive excellence.

If Te'o can come that close mainly for his story and not so much his domination on the field or his ability to change a game, then it should unfold.

Keep dreaming.

My pick is Aaron Murray or Mike Gillisley. Georgia is going to be a contender next year, and Gillisley is going to eventually become a beast.

No reason to think he couldn't be if Te'o could contend for it with nowhere near the talent, statistics, or threat on the field as a gamechanger. No one gameplans around Te'o like they do for someone like Clowney.

You do know Clowney finished 6th in the Heisman ballot this year, right?

If not, I feel the #1 draft pick is almost guaranteed. Some analysts predicted him as a 1st or 2nd rounder had he been able to go straight from high school. He is what they call a "once in 10 years" type of player.

Teo was the leader of one of the best defenses in the nation, and the number 1 team in the nation. Clowney is going to need another Heisman year like this one (a year with pretty mediocre candidates) to have a chance.

This is not a statistic or metric in rating a Heisman candidate. Clowney is part of one of the best defenses in the nation, as well. We will find out how good Notre Dame's defense really is in a month.

Again, Clowney has the statistics, talent, and upside over Te'o by far.

South Carolina went 10-2. Notre Dame went 12-0. The only reason Manziel won is because he beat Alabama.

Ha, you are hilarious. First off, South Carolina and Notre Dame are teams- not Heisman candidates. I won't go into comparing the two teams.

Second, Manziel won the Heisman because he broke records held by Archie Manning, Cam Newton, and Tim Couch in the SEC. He rushed for over 1,000 yards while throwing for 3,000...one of 5 players in college football history to do that. The only as a freshman. That included 3 games of 300+ passing and 100+ rushing, only player in history to accomplish that.

Take away your thoughts about leading his team to victory in Alabama or actually watching him on television, if you will. Look at his stats alone and it is a no brainer; it is ridiculous for people to downplay his award by saying the pool was weak when exceeded the things done by past Heisman winners.

Manziel was on nobody's Heisman radar until the Alabama game. He loses to Bama, he loses the Heisman. He had a good year, but not a great year. Sure, 3000 1000 is a great accomplishment, but a 24-8 ratio isn't. Plus, he played terrible against LSU and Florida, which were two out of the four teams with more than 7 wins that A&M played this year.

VS AP top 25 teams, Manziel was 130/ 193 1408yards 67.4% 7.30ypa 5TD 4INT 12sacks

That's pretty average.

Look, I'm not saying he didn't deserve it this year, I'm saying that he only one it because this was a down year for the Heisman.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was my Heisman pick BEFORE the Bama game. ( That probably had something to do with the fact that I saw him play the week before in person).

I'm not sure how you can hold Florida against him. It was his first time playing in a D-1 game and he almost beat the eventual No.3 team in the nation. Sounds pretty good to me.

Finally, his passing stats weren't what won him the Heisman. It was his great ability to make plays. We've all seen the second touchdown against Bama.

He was my Heisman pick BEFORE the Bama game. ( That probably had something to do with the fact that I saw him play the week before in person).

I'm not sure how you can hold Florida against him. It was his first time playing in a D-1 game and he almost beat the eventual No.3 team in the nation. Sounds pretty good to me.

Finally, his passing stats weren't what won him the Heisman. It was his great ability to make plays. We've all seen the second touchdown against Bama.

He may have been your Heisman pick, but almost everyone else had Colin Klein. In fact, I would say that Manziel didn't become the front runner until Kansas State lost to Baylor.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

My outside homer pick for Heisman is DeMarcus Lawrence, a talented DE on an underrated Boise State defense. He should be on Outland watch lists next year at least.

My homer pick for the Heisman next year is Teddy Bridgewater. Whenever I watch him play, he never made a bad pass and makes many of these throws look so easy. What really made think of him being a contender for next year was when he played Rutgers. Teddy went out there with a broken wrist and sprained ankle and just nearly dominated against the Rutgers defense (which is actually really good). Not to mention, his passer rating is off the charts with a passer rating of 161.6, which is good enough for #7 in the nation according to ESPN. A good test for his Heisman stock would be in the Sugar Bowl against Florida.

1) You don't need to preface any of your posts with a "homer" tag, because with you, trust me, we know.

2) He NEVER made a bad pass? NEVER? So each one of those 7 INTs were all the receivers fault?

3) If we're using passer rating as a Heisman qualifying statistic, David Fales of San Jose State, no. 3 in passer rating, has a better claim to a Heisman (along with better %, more yards, more completions, more TDs). Hell, Derek Carr of Fresno State (freaking Fresno) has just as good to a Heisman claim as good ol' Teddy.

4) Theodore freaking Bridgewater has no Heisman stock, and Louisville isn't going to come close to beating Florida, so any "Heisman stock" he "has" will be whitewashed and set on fire.

How about you grow a pair and start giving him some respect.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Respect is earned, not given. You'd do well to heed those words.

Bridgewater hasn't played good enough to be given the respect of the nation.

With that being said, if Bridgewater has a great game against Florida, people will start talking about him.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

How about you grow a pair and start giving him some respect.

2.) He did make a few bad passes. What I meant was that Teddy USUALLY throws a NEAR perfect pass 8 out of 10 times.

3.) I used it to back up Bridgewater's stats to prove his status as a very good QB like completing 69 % passing pct and almost 3500 yards passing.

4.) We'll wait and see on January 2nd on who is better.

1) You're a gem, RaysFan12. Truly

2) Cool qualifiers, bro

3) Cool stats that I already said freaking David Fales of San Jose State has better of. Still not anymore of a Heisman candidate.

4) You can wait. Florida is better.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Not that I really care about ESPN and their All American picks but I do have to laugh at their choices.

No Steadman Bailey at WR?

No Tavon Austin at the all around position?

What a joke.

Lee and Williams are ahead of Steaman Bailey in receiving national by at least 179 yards, and Dri Archer averaged 12.2 yards per play.

Interesting chart for your viewing pleasure. Shows the top NFL pipelines by school.

http://www.profootba...ines-by-school/

If that chart shows anything, it's that coaching is so much more important than talent.

Not that I really care about ESPN and their All American picks but I do have to laugh at their choices.

What a joke.

Lee and Williams are ahead of Steaman Bailey in receiving national by at least 179 yards, and Dri Archer averaged 12.2 yards per play.

Bailey also had to share then field with Tavon Austin, who himself is also in the top 10 in receiving yards. Should he be punished because he has a good teammate? Stead man also had 23 TDs. 23! That's 9 more than than Lee and 11 more than Williams.

Tavon Austin had 40 more all purpose yards per game than Archer.

1zqy8ok.gif

What a joke.

Bailey also had to share then field with Tavon Austin, who himself is also in the top 10 in receiving yards. Should he be punished because he has a good teammate? Stead man also had 23 TDs. 23! That's 9 more than than Lee and 11 more than Williams.

Tavon Austin had 40 more all purpose yards per game than Archer.

Lee had to share the field withe the rest of USCs receiving core, and you can't leave the guy who leads the nation in receiving off of the list. And again, Dri Archer averaged 12.2 yards per play, including 9 yards per rush. And Tavon Austin got almost all of his rushing yards in one game.

Also, Steaman Bailey was very inconsistent. He had 6 games of under 100 yards, while Lee had 4 (one of which was a 94 yard game), and Williams had 4 and no games under 70 yards. Bailey and Autisn got their yards in large chunks, while the others were consistent.

A really interesting article that shows that the attendance of the 2012 is the lowest since 2003.

http://www.al.com/sp...t_flyout_sports

The crazy thing is, tickets are going to go up again next year as well. Schools don't learn that there is a maximum that you can charge for a football ticket.

A really interesting article that shows that the attendance of the 2012 is the lowest since 2003.

The crazy thing is, tickets are going to go up again next year as well. Schools don't learn that there is a maximum that you can charge for a football ticket.

The simple thing to raise attendance is play quality OOC opponents.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Well I don't know about simple (you would have to make a lot of scheduling changes) but yes, that would be one solution.

It isn't really the price of a ticket in my opinion and experience. It is more that the economy has taken a dump and certain people decided to make a cut- and attending a football game in person was one of them. There has been a reduction in spending on almost everything except booze and guns in this country.

The increase in ticket prices are necessary to compete in the world of college sports today. I used to be really against the idea and it took me awhile to come around, but I have been able to see what higher club donation fees + ticket prices can do for an Athletic Department.

20 years ago, I know a ticket to see the Georgia/South Carolina game was $20 (my first UGA/Carolina game). This year, it was $70 or 3.5x the price. The average person isn't making 3.5x their salary from 20 years ago but they are still able to afford the increases. In the past 10 years, our ticket prices have almost doubled.

My Gamecock Club membership is going up 5% for the 2014 season and that will be the 2nd increase since 2008. The other major cost is a seat charge based upon location ranging from $50-$350 per season ticket.

For my girlfriend and I to attend 7 home football games (14 tickets), it is around $1575...or averages out to $112 for each ticket. That is aside from the rest of the experience (fuel, food, tailgating, beer, merch, etc).

Now living in Florida, that burden is lessened because we can't attend but a few games and sell the others.

Until you start losing and then no one wants to attend your games because you're losing. It's not that simple, kid.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Until you start losing and then no one wants to attend your games because you're losing. It's not that simple, kid.

It depends on the school. If you're a team like LSU or Ohio State, who are almost always going to have good teams, then you can take those risks, knowing that you'll most likely win. If you're a team like Iowa, who has been very inconsistent, then you might first want to make sure you can beat Central Michigan before you schedule someone like Oklahoma.

Archived