2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

I think the bigger deal with Mathieu getting kicked off the team is that he got caught doing something against the rules three times. I don't care if it's illegal or not, there have got to be a bunch of guys on every team that smoke weed. But not everyone gets caught three times knowing that the third time (or whatever the number is for your team) gets you kicked off for good. That just shows stupidity and a total lack of discipline.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that sums up the control Les Miles has over these guys, he doesn't. For the second year in a row LSU will start the season with focus on what's going on off the field rather than on it. I like Les and I'm not calling for his head, but when players don't respect you, they'll do whatever they want.

"Attitude reflects leadership , cap'n"

Surprise that no one posted the AP top 25

AP Top 25

Seeing UL in the Top 25 makes me excited! :D

Token Big East team? Token Big East team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

<homer>UofL will win the Big East outright this year. Book it.</homer>

<real talk>That's really not that hard to do. And the only reason it will get harder in 2013 is because oh having more teams competing for the same single championship.</real talk>

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Marcus Mariota wins the QB battle in Oregon. Very similar situation as when Darron Thomas/Nate Costa QB battle happened. We all know how that worked out, I believe Mariota will be better than Darron Thomas and in the next 2-3 seasons will bring home a National Championship to Eugene with De'Anthony Thomas.

spacer.png

Marcus Mariota wins the QB battle in Oregon. Very similar situation as when Darron Thomas/Nate Costa QB battle happened. We all know how that worked out, I believe Mariota will be better than Darron Thomas and in the next 2-3 seasons will bring home a National Championship to Eugene with De'Anthony Thomas.

I'm excited. Byran Bennet was good, so if Mariota is better, I can't wait to see what we have in store for us this season.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's almost Tuesday and the chatter here is quiet...some big games coming up this weekend.

The game of all games is Michigan/Alabama...then the only other Top 25 matchup is Boise State/Michigan State. Other than that, a few other ranked teams playing OOCs or supposed "lock" games. Auburn/Clemson is another big matchup...and I'm sure you know who I'm pulling for there.

First week predictions?

My Gamecocks take on a Vanderbilt team that seems to always get stronger and nothing like the Vandy of 10 years ago...so I never count it as a sure win. Excited to play Thursday night and kick off the season! Work is getting less than 10% of my attention this week!

I think Vandy has a shot to beat South Carolina. They're returning a bunch of starters, and their defense is spectacular. Don't be shocked if the Gamecocks defense struggles.

And I hope this thread is more active during the regular season.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think Vandy has a shot to beat South Carolina. They're returning a bunch of starters, and their defense is spectacular. Don't be shocked if the Gamecocks defense struggles.

Don't be shocked at all. I could be wrong but it seems like their defense is the weak link, especially the defensive backs. Lattimore's back though and he's going to be a factor.

Here's to hoping Michigan kicks the crap out of Bama. If not, I'll take any type of win.

Don't be shocked at all. I could be wrong but it seems like their defense is the weak link, especially the defensive backs. Lattimore's back though and he's going to be a factor.

Here's to hoping Michigan kicks the crap out of Bama. If not, I'll take any type of win.

I actually meant to say offense, as Vandy has a good rushing defense. I don't think the Gamecocks D will be much of an issue against Vandy. They're weak at corner, yes, but Vandy doesn't have much of a passing game. They're a running team. If there is one guarantee though, it's that this is going to be a grind it out, low scoring game.

Have to agree with Cola, the game of the week is easily Alabama-Michigan at Jerryworld. It's a battle of top ten teams in the season opener, enough said.

But, I have some other games to keep an eye on:

Notre Dame vs. Navy in Dublin, Ireland: This game has the earilest kickoff for a college game that I can remember (9 AM EST), but this ought to be a fun matchup. BTW, Notre Dame: Do NOT complain about the fact you're playing in Ireland... Complain about the fact that you lost 3 of the last 5 to Navy!

Ohio at Penn State: I think I should be the first to say this... Gotdamn, it feels weird as hell to not see JoePa running the sidelines in Happy Valley. The entire scandal has turned Penn State into a former shell of what it once was and their first game is against a Ohio team that SI thinks could be a BCS buster.

Southern Miss at Nebraska: IMO, Southern Miss could easily give Nebraska big time trouble. It wouldn't shock me to see the Golden Eagles win here.

Arkansas State at Oregon: Call me crazy, but I see the potential for an upset here. I know that Oregon has the better talent, but you can't tell me that the Red Wolves aren't capable of giving Oregon a run for their money with the same offense they run?

Arkansas State at Oregon: Call me crazy, but I see the potential for an upset here. I know that Oregon has the better talent, but you can't tell me that the Red Wolves aren't capable of giving Oregon a run for their money with the same offense they run?

I'm going to go ahead and call you crazy. I really can't see a team that lost to the two BCS teams they played last year pull the upset or even keep up with a team that's a favorite to win the National Championship.

I'm going to go ahead and call you crazy. I really can't see a team that lost to the two BCS teams they played last year pull the upset or even keep up with a team that's a favorite to win the National Championship.

Having seen Arkansas State play in person, I can say you're crazy. Maybe they'll be able to put up some points, but it won't be a lot. And they won't be able to stop Oregon's offense.

I think Michigan/Alabama is going to be closer than a lot of people are thinking. Alabama's got a lot of holes to fill and Michigan is very good. Unfortunately, I still think the Tide will take it.

Then in Champaign, I'm a little worried about Western Michigan coming to town. While I think Illinois will once again have a very good defense, WMU is going to be hard to stop through the year. And you never know what you're going to get from the Illinois offense. Hopefully Tim Beckman picks a quarterback and doesn't switch it up every other drive. You know what they say about having two quarterbacks. I think Illinois wins, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them lose.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Barring the Mayan Apocalypse actually happening, you do know the SEC will still exist in the next 2-3 seasons, right? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Actually, I'm going to semi agree with him here. While I don't think an upset will happen, I think Ark State can hang with the Ducks. I'm expecting a score of around 38-17 (which IS hanging with the Ducks, when Oregon's offense is concerned).

Archived