2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it seems Seadragon76 isn't the only crazy one since the AP already has Oregon with one loss..

AP Mistake: ?Bruins Stun Oregon, 21-20′

original1.jpg

How does that even happen?

....wut.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Have to agree with Cola, the game of the week is easily Alabama-Michigan at Jerryworld. It's a battle of top ten teams in the season opener, enough said.

But, I have some other games to keep an eye on:

Notre Dame vs. Navy in Dublin, Ireland: This game has the earilest kickoff for a college game that I can remember (9 AM EST), but this ought to be a fun matchup. BTW, Notre Dame: Do NOT complain about the fact you're playing in Ireland... Complain about the fact that you lost 3 of the last 5 to Navy!

Ohio at Penn State: I think I should be the first to say this... Gotdamn, it feels weird as hell to not see JoePa running the sidelines in Happy Valley. The entire scandal has turned Penn State into a former shell of what it once was and their first game is against a Ohio team that SI thinks could be a BCS buster.

Southern Miss at Nebraska: IMO, Southern Miss could easily give Nebraska big time trouble. It wouldn't shock me to see the Golden Eagles win here.

Arkansas State at Oregon: Call me crazy, but I see the potential for an upset here. I know that Oregon has the better talent, but you can't tell me that the Red Wolves aren't capable of giving Oregon a run for their money with the same offense they run?

I believe that Alabama will lose to Michigan because Alabama hasn't faced a quarterback that can run and throw. They also lost many key defensive players from the championship team. The ND/Navy game is interesting in many points. Notre Dame is using an inexperienced qb and is facing a disciplined Navy team that is used to the rigors of training outside the US. I definitely smell an upset in Dublin. Ohio at Penn is the first game for PSU since the sanctions were installed and see if Ohio can live up to the BCS buster SI said. Southern Miss can give a challenge for Nebraska, but Neb will win at home. Arkansas State at Oregon is also another potential upset occurrence. Oregon may overlook this game and Arky State has one heck of an offense that can surprise some teams.

I can't wait for week 1, especially the Battle of the Governors Cup between UK and UL, AU vs Clemson, and of course, Bama-Mich. :grin:

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I think Vandy has a shot to beat South Carolina. They're returning a bunch of starters, and their defense is spectacular. Don't be shocked if the Gamecocks defense struggles.

And I hope this thread is more active during the regular season.

Don't be shocked at all. I could be wrong but it seems like their defense is the weak link, especially the defensive backs. Lattimore's back though and he's going to be a factor.

Our defense can only be viewed as weak in regards to our secondary...and that is mainly due to injuries (Akeem Auguste out for the season AGAIN) and youth. Interesting to see how our talented newcomers play out.

However, I think we have the best defensive front in all of college football and that is where the difference will be made up.

Offense remains a question mark for me...so much new untested talent I'm excited about and then there is wondering if Connor Shaw will start where he left off last year. If he is halfway decent and Lattimore gets 20 carries, no reason we shouldn't beat Vandy by 21+. Remember last year, Garcia threw 4 INTs and we still won by 3 scores.

South Carolina 31

Vanderbilt 13

Here's to hoping Michigan kicks the crap out of Bama. If not, I'll take any type of win.

Thinking Bama does the opposite here and I am interested in seeing how Robinson fares against a defense like Alabama. Personally, I've never thought much of him at all...and he is going to have to do way more than run around and try and beat that defense with speed- he will need to throw it well. I think Alabama contains him and he proves to be the below average passer he truly is.

Alabama 34

Michigan 10

Hard to believe these 2 teams have never met in the regular season...and this will only be the 4th matchup in history.

He's a better QB than the Superchickens have ever had though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Only way Michigan could have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Bama is if this game was at Michigan Stadium.

/homer

They'll be in tough, but I have faith in the Tide. Tough sked this year, going to be tough to repeat.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This perfectly describes what I've feeling today.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm excited... More excited to prove all of those damn Duck fans wrong on Saturday night, but I'm hyped.

Now, to add some spice to the proverbial bowl: I predict that Louisville is going to go 0-12 this season {:P}

Checking on a few notable scores so far from ESPN

South Carolina-10 vs Vanderbilt-10 at Halftime

UCF-35 vs Akron-0 at Halftime

UMass-0 vs UConn- 20 at Halftime

and Almost Shocking

SE Missouri-17 vs Central Michigan-10 at Halftime.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Checking on a few notable scores so far from ESPN

South Carolina-10 vs Vanderbilt-10 at Halftime

UCF-35 vs Akron-0 at Halftime

UMass-0 vs UConn- 20 at Halftime

and Almost Shocking

SE Missouri-17 vs Central Michigan-10 at Halftime.

We all are on a web-enabled devices. There is no to give us updates. We can see scores if we decide to click on the next tab.

If you need to update someone, just run into your family room and tell your parents.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is it just me, or does South Carolina have the worst luck of any FBS team? Garcia becomes an alcoholic, Lattimore gets injured, now Conner Shaw gets injured. I feel sorry for them to be honest.

Wait...you mean Indiana isn't going to be the first this year? Hooray! Sucks to be you Middle Tennessee

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, Vandy had all of the opportunities, they just didn't execute. I'm excited to see what Vandy does this season. They're a good football team if they can get their offense together. As for South Carolina, they don't look like a TOp 10 football team.

But now, WSU vs BYU. I'm really pumped to see what Mike Leach has in store for everyone.

Blooper reel moment.

BTW, rams: Ya still got that 'Shipment of Fail' pic somewhere? We may have our first victim of the 2012 season coming here...

Hey Middle Tennessee State!

failship.jpg

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, Vandy had all of the opportunities, they just didn't execute.

And they also fell victim to referee incompetence at a key moment.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived