2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Kent State punt guy goes wrong way!

Oh, boy, this should get a Picard facepalm. Should.

A friend posted this on another forum:

Let's review everything wrong with this:

1. The Kent State punter has to field a bad snap from center. That's not too unusual, what is unusual is that it's actually the best part of the play.

2. The Towson return man, while trying to get his teammates to stay away from the ball, doesn't notice it bouncing right towards him and runs into it himself making the play a fumble.

3. A Kent State player picks up the ball 7 yards from a touchdown, but instead of trying to score picks it up and runs the wrong way.

4. His teammates, instead of trying to stop him, begin to throw blocks for him so he can run even further towards their own goal line.

5. The Towson players hustle after him and before he can cross the goal line and give them a free 2pts, tackle him ending this absurd play.

6. The ball is dead anyway since it wasn't fumbled by the return team, merely touched.

7. After returning the ball the wrong way he starts talking :censored: to the Towson bench.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan State is going to destroy Boise State tonight. Watch them.

The way Southwick is playing, it sure looks that way. It wouldn't shock me if Nick Patti is given the starting job soon. I've NEVER seen Coach Pete as pissed as he was after Southwick's red-zone INT.

EDIT: At least the defense came to play... all tied up!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The way Southwick is playing, it sure looks that way. It wouldn't shock me if Nick Patti is given the starting job soon. I've NEVER seen Coach Pete as pissed as he was after Southwick's red-zone INT.

EDIT: At least the defense came to play... all tied up!

Hey Lights, its 13-10 Boise. Go Broncos!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Under Peterson, Boise State is 39-23 ATS, so I took them tonight.

This Cordarelle Patterson guy at Tennessee has been lightning in a bottle so far.

Dude, he has been fantastic in the first half.

I miss Joe Tessitore on the Friday night game already.

Damn. Michigan State looks like absolute ass right now. If they keep playing like this they don't deserve to win tonight.

From ESPN:

After starting the game 4-4, 25 yds on MSU opening drive (capped with a TD), Andrew Maxwell is 7-18, 71 yds, 3 Int since (through 1st half).

Damn. Michigan State looks like absolute ass right now. If they keep playing like this they don't deserve to win tonight.

From ESPN:

After starting the game 4-4, 25 yds on MSU opening drive (capped with a TD), Andrew Maxwell is 7-18, 71 yds, 3 Int since (through 1st half).

When will you start sparing us to death with tweets or stats of Teddy Bridgewater?

I want Louisville to lose games early, therefore you will "quit" the place a second time in 2012 as you did in March.

From ESPN:

When will you start sparing us to death with tweets or stats of Teddy Bridgewater?

I want Louisville to lose games early, therefore you will "quit" the place a second time in 2012 as you did in March.

I won't quit this time. I promise you 110% I will not leave this forum.

From ESPN:

I won't quit this time. I promise you 110% I will not leave this forum.

There was no last time since you did not quit, fool!

They were practically handing the game over, fortunately they have a chance now to win. Spartans just need to run out to clock! Hand it off to Bell as much as possible, don't risk another int.

Maxwell had a rough game, and all 3 picks were tipped by his own receivers. Rough first start against a decent D, I'm not worried about him.

But hot damn, that defense tonight? Stout. If Maxwell can get more comfortable, we're in business. Bell can handle the load, and he showed that tonight (40+ carries is insane, though).

Not pretty, but I feel good about this team.

They were practically handing the game over, fortunately they have a chance now to win. Spartans just need to run out to clock! Hand it off to Bell as much as possible, don't risk another int.

Well, they pulled it out!

Well, they pulled it out!

Wasn't the best looking game, but a win's a win. I don't think they will win the Big10 though.

Tough loss for the Broncos, but this is a brand new, completely reloaded team, and they only lost by four in East Lansing (and led for a long stretch of the game). The defense looked impressive, the offense can only improve from the mess they made out on the field. I'm pretty optimistic about how this team will do when they start to gel.

Oh, and Kellen Moore would have whooped Sparty's asses by 30. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Tough loss for the Broncos, but this is a brand new, completely reloaded team, and they only lost by four in East Lansing (and led for a long stretch of the game). The defense looked impressive, the offense can only improve from the mess they made out on the field. I'm pretty optimistic about how this team will do when they start to gel.

Great to gel when you are not playing anybody else the remainder of the season. Luckily for them, they did cover.

Your team had 208 total yards and were 5-14 on 3rd Down Efficiency. Gave up 4.1 yards/rush and Sparty had 90 yards in penalties (that's low for them too).

Great to gel when you are not playing anybody else the remainder of the season. Luckily for them, they did cover.

Your team had 208 total yards and were 5-14 on 3rd Down Efficiency. Gave up 4.1 yards/rush and Sparty had 90 yards in penalties (that's low for them too).

3929901468_b01941352a.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You've got to be kidding, Miami Ohio and New Mexico are the real tests for this team. Maybe once they start to gel and the offense will actually score a touchdown.

3929901468_b01941352a.jpg

Boise played with great effort even though they lost to a very good Michigan State. Throughout much of the game, their defense was tough in the passing game and gave the offense many chances to score. But, they couldn't capitalize on those opportunities and lost the game.

Archived