2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Oklahoma State up 70-0 over Savannah State.

Why don't you pump the brakes a little there, Oklahoma State? It's the third quarter and you have already scored more points than your men's basketball team did in 23 of its games last season.

They just scored 7 more. Does that mean they could go over 100 points?

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Toledo, this is going to get messy. Why did Savannah State even schedule to play OSU in the first place? Is it because of the projected payout? Idk if I wanted my team to get absolutely embarrassed on television so that my crowd attendance would diminish and alumni/boosters stop supporting the team financially. The Pokes gotta play their reserves or something. That's just bad sportsmanship.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Holy Toledo, this is going to get messy. Why did Savannah State even schedule to play OSU in the first place? Is it because of the projected payout? Idk if I wanted my team to get absolutely embarrassed on television so that my crowd attendance would diminish and alumni/boosters stop supporting the team financially. The Pokes gotta play their reserves or something. That's just bad sportsmanship.

Not sure with Okie State, but I know that next week's game (at Florida State), the Seminoles needed a replacement game after West Virginia dropped the game for their move to the Big 12.

To me, if a team cannot stop the opposing team's offense, then they deserve getting stomped. The Tigers couldn't stop a head cold right now, and this is the just reward for such a pourous defense.

Now it's 84-0 Oklahoma State! This is an absolute laughter in Stillwater for sure.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Now it's 84-0 Oklahoma State! This is an absolute laughter in Stillwater for sure.

What?

Your lack of NCAA football (and basketball) knowledge gives us laughter.

Just go to sleep and let your mom tuck you in so that you wake up so you can have pancakes before your irrelevant Kentucky/Louisville game.

What?

Your lack of NCAA football (and basketball) knowledge gives us laughter.

Just go to sleep and let your mom tuck you in so that you wake up so you can have pancakes before your irrelevant Kentucky/Louisville game.

Shoo. Go away. And a football game with pancakes sounds good right about now, not sure if you're trying to make fun of him or not...

Did Maryland seriously beat William & Mary, 7-6? That's priceless.

How about Pitt losing at home 31-17 to Youngstown State?

The Big East everybody!

---------------------------

Also....

INDIANA SECURES ITS STATUS AS AT LEAST THE 4TH BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM IN INDIANA! Ball State, we are coming for you!

*whimper*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Upset of the day: Texas State 30, Houston 13. Let me clarify: Texas State (playing its first-ever game as an FBS (1-A) school) 30, Houston (came within one game of a BCS game last year) 13.

Football being the way of life it is in the Lone Star State, these Bobcats picked up one helluva stone on which to build for the future!

bYhYmxh.png

Upset of the day: Texas State 30, Houston 13. Let me clarify: Texas State (playing its first-ever game as an FBS (1-A) school) 30, Houston (came within one game of a BCS game last year) 13.

Football being the way of life it is in the Lone Star State, these Bobcats picked up one helluva stone on which to build for the future!

Didn't Houston lose a lot of last year's team? Or at least, all of the important parts?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't Houston lose a lot of last year's team? Or at least, all of the important parts?

Yes they did...but they'd still been considered by several to be front-runners for the C-USA crown this season (You'd CERTAINLY think they'd beat the new cats on the FBS block in their first game there).

bYhYmxh.png

Yes they did...but they'd still been considered by several to be front-runners for the C-USA crown this season (You'd CERTAINLY think they'd beat the new cats on the FBS block in their first game there).

That's because with C-USA, who knows. Anywho, Texas State may be new to Division I-A, but they weren't exactly starting from scratch either.

Today, we are all otaku.

Tough start for the Bay Area schools. Stanford barely beats San Jose by 3 and Cal loses at home to Nevada.

After losing to Nevada, I can pretty much guarantee that Cal will start off 1-3 with a win over Southern Utah and loses at Ohio State & USC

Prediction:

Cal: 5-7 (4-5)

Stanford: 6-6 (4-5)

I think Stanford will do a bit better. Theyre ranked in the top 25.

Some of this is still about being a head coach. I counted 16 head coaches who are first time HC at the FBS level (that included Jim L. Mora). There are guys who were "outcoached" by veterans:

Penn State versus Frank Solich

Houston versus Dennis Franchione

Toledo versus RichRod

Hawaii versus Lane Kiffin (a stretch, I know but he is proving he knows his $hit and can recruit)

Ark State versus Chip Kelly

FAU beat FCS Wagner

UMass versus Paul Pasqualoni

Tulane vs. Rutgers was a battle of first time HC

Ole Miss played FCS Central Ark.

Pitt loses to YSU

Meanwhile in other divisions...

Eureka College is now known for something else besides being Reagan's alma mater.

736 yards passing. Damn.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived