2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the Oregon game. Those first 22 minutes was the best I have ever seen Oregon play. That offense looked unstoppable, and the defense held a very good offense to 3 points. I know Ark State eventually scored 34 points (believe me, it was a pain to watch the 3rd stringers get crushed by a veteran QB), but I'm going to take the first quarter and a half as to what Oregon can actually do.

Marcus Mariota looked REALLY good. I mean, REALLY good. Mariota went 19-23, 213yrds, a 3tds in a quarter and a half. That's... ridiculous. And Thomas and Barner ran well. I have a good feeling about this team.

Also, I need to ask. How the hell does Arizona put up 624 yards of offense, and score 24 points?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Now I know what it's like to root for that FCS team that takes down the BCS school. :D

So, Seadragon, wanna give us more :censored: or what?

Nope. UNI came close to beating Wisconsin, but you know... Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

and DAMN YOU OREGON! Damn you and your shiny piss yellow helmets for blowing up my upset pick!!

Anyway, here are some things to take away from the first big day of College Football:

-OK, so Michigan (and the Big Ten) isn't ready for the big stage yet. Alabama proved it here.

-Texas State got my attention. When you can hold the ball for 43 minutes, you'll more then likely win.

-Was there any reason, outside of cash money, for poor little Savannah State to get blasted 84-0 by Oklahoma State? Kinda feel bad for them.

3rd Shipment of fail came in yesterday.

Memphis taken down 20-17 by UT-Martin.

With a 4th luckily taken down by an iceburg. Wake's offense looked absolutely anemic out there last night. If they don't get it together, I have no winter vacation!

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Oklahoma State up 70-0 over Savannah State.

Why don't you pump the brakes a little there, Oklahoma State? It's the third quarter and you have already scored more points than your men's basketball team did in 23 of its games last season.

They only played their starters one quarter.

By the fourth quarter, they were playing their third stringers.

It's not their fault Savannah State could not hang with their third stringers.

Technically, it would the 4th shipment of fail because of Pitt losing to Youngstown State.

How about that Big East, huh?! :D

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Technically, it would the 4th shipment of fail because of Pitt losing to Youngstown State.

Remember that Kirk Herbstreit picked Pitt to win the conference. This game make Herbstreit look stupid.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Oklahoma State up 70-0 over Savannah State.

Holy Toledo, this is going to get messy. Why did Savannah State even schedule to play OSU in the first place? Is it because of the projected payout? Idk if I wanted my team to get absolutely embarrassed on television so that my crowd attendance would diminish and alumni/boosters stop supporting the team financially. The Pokes gotta play their reserves or something. That's just bad sportsmanship.

Now it's 84-0 Oklahoma State! This is an absolute laughter in Stillwater for sure.

What?

Your lack of NCAA football (and basketball) knowledge gives us laughter.

Just go to sleep and let your mom tuck you in so that you wake up so you can have pancakes before your irrelevant Kentucky/Louisville game.

Irrelevant?? It's either UL-UK or SMU-Baylor Today.

Remember that Kirk Herbstreit picked Pitt to win the conference. This game makes Herbstreit look stupid.

I think it's been established that Kirk Herbstreit is an idiot well before this game.

Remember that Kirk Herbstreit picked Pitt to win the conference. This game makes Herbstreit look stupid.

I think it's been established that Kirk Herbstreit is an idiot well before this game.

By picking Pitt instead of Louisville, Cincinnati, or Rutgers.

Hey Pleenenator, I love that avatar.

The entire Conference is such a cluster :censored: that you might as well draw a name out of a hat and be just as likely to have gotten the correct team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The entire Conference is such a cluster :censored: that you might as well draw a name out of a hat and be just as likely to have gotten the correct team.

It's still better than the MAC, Sun Belt, and C-USA.

Archived