2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Ummm...guys, it looks like we have a WAC team with a competent defense in Utah State. Yes, I know that sentence should not compute, but it is happening.

And they just knocked Wynn into the turf. Just a brutal half for the Utes so far, like 50 total yards for them.(Pretty cool watching the USA game on the TV, and this game on my laptop)

Update: This new QB actually seems competent for them, they get a FG before half.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was the year the Pac-12 would rise to be the number 2 conference in the nation. Yeah.... that didn't work out so well so far. I really hope Oregon State can maybe upset Wisky or that Washington pulls a miracle agains LSU.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ummm...guys, it looks like we have a WAC team with a competent defense in Utah State. Yes, I know that sentence should not compute, but it is happening.

I think that is only 1/3rd the story. One-third is that Utah's offensive coordinator is a first time play caller (going back to the spread, which he used as a QB) and just 25 years old. We may find out that he is more likely to call the plays which worked when he was Utah's QB. Lastly, a freshman QB is now in.

Wow. This is just a terrible game. On both sides. Both offenses have issues to work on, mostly on the Utah side.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow. This is just a terrible game. On both sides. Both offenses have issues to work on, mostly on the Utah side.

Are you so used to Madden/NCAA/EA Sports games that you cannot appreciate a defense actually reading the play correctly and successfully someone?

One very interesting fact about the SSU-FSU game is that Savannah State is a 70.5 point underdog. That's 10 :censored: touchdowns. My prediction is that FSU somehow covers the spread. FSU- 77 SSU-0

Not only is the line 70 points.....the folks in Vegas add the hook just for amusement.

Are you so used to Madden/NCAA/EA Sports games that you cannot appreciate a defense actually reading the play correctly and successfully someone?

Successfully someone what?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Utah fumbled a punt return twice. Jordan Wynn had a fumble because the snap hit him in the chest when he wasn't ready for it. There are defensive struggles, and then there's playing bad.

koalapunch.gif

I'm starting to think this little 25 year old OC experiment might be a wee bit misguided.

This offense looks just as bad as it did last year. I don't think this is Brian Johnson's fault.

koalapunch.gif

I'm starting to think this little 25 year old OC experiment might be a wee bit misguided.

This offense looks just as bad as it did last year. I don't think this is Brian Johnson's fault.

It's a time-honored Utah tradition to blame the OC after a WTF loss. So allow me to, as my forefathers before me, question the coaching behind an inept offense. :grin:

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

koalapunch.gif

It's a time-honored Utah tradition to blame the OC after a WTF loss. So allow me to, as my forefathers before me, question the coaching behind an inept offense. :grin:

Well, Johnson's recruiting area is also the Los Angeles area. He had that before he got the OC job. Where is the 2-3* SoCal talent?

Picking a team to cover a 70.5 point spread is the dumbest thing a gambler could do.

You must not have seen the Oklahoma State game last weekend. They somehow covered the spread that was the biggest ever at that point.

And to the ASU fans here, what do you think of your team this year. I think it's going to be a pretty fairly matched game tomorrow night with a lot of it coming down to how healthy Nate Scheelhaase is. On the Illinois board most people are picking us to win and from what I've read most people on the ASU boards are picking ASU to win. Pretty much the same as last year when we came out on top by a field goal in a surprisingly low-scoring game. But there's been so much turnover on the Arizona State team that it doesn't seem like anyone really knows where they stand this year. It seems like Vegas is favoring the Illini since the line went from ASU -3 to Illinois -3 in a couple days throughout the week, but that really doesn't mean anything.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They actualy have a very good team up in Logan, UT now, the outcome does not surprise me one bit.

I knew USU would put up a fight, but I didn't think they would win. I assumed the Utah offense had improved from last year. I'm disappointed to know that I was mistaken.

One very interesting fact about the SSU-FSU game is that Savannah State is a 70.5 point underdog. That's 10 :censored: touchdowns. My prediction is that FSU somehow covers the spread. FSU- 77 SSU-0

Which is just another example of why preseason/early season ranking is dumb. FSU is going to be ranked a top 10 team in the country after proving exactly nothing. I can't imagine why a team like that schedules 2 FCS opponents. IMO, if you play in an AQ conference you shouldn't be able to schedule FCS teams. /rant

This, this, a million times this. Letting the schools pick their schedules by themselves has presented enough problems in the realm of FBS matchups alone, without even thinking about FCS schools.

There is ZERO reason for any FBS school to be playing an FCS school. It's not fair to the FCS players, and it's not fair to college football fans. It simply doesn't make sense for an entire month of the greatest football on earth to be wasted on mostly boring cupcake games. In an ideal world, the NCAA would just come up with randomized non-conference slates for every school featuring only FBS programs - but that will probably never happen. The least they can do is prohibit FBS schools from scheduling FCS schools.

FSU scheduled this game as a result of WVU canceling the scheduled game in January.

Which is just another example of why preseason/early season ranking is dumb. FSU is going to be ranked a top 10 team in the country after proving exactly nothing. I can't imagine why a team like that schedules 2 FCS opponents. IMO, if you play in an AQ conference you shouldn't be able to schedule FCS teams. /rant

This, this, a million times this. Letting the schools pick their schedules by themselves has presented enough problems in the realm of FBS matchups alone, without even thinking about FCS schools.

There is ZERO reason for any FBS school to be playing an FCS school. It's not fair to the FCS players, and it's not fair to college football fans. It simply doesn't make sense for an entire month of the greatest football on earth to be wasted on mostly boring cupcake games. In an ideal world, the NCAA would just come up with randomized non-conference slates for every school featuring only FBS programs - but that will probably never happen. The least they can do is prohibit FBS schools from scheduling FCS schools.

FSU scheduled this game as a result of WVU canceling the scheduled game in January.

Yep. They needed someone to fill in that spot, and Savannah State agreed... but after they were cut loose from their deal with Northern Iowa. They were supposed to face UNI today, but instead UNI got Division II Central State to play them. Yeah...

Archived