2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

If Arkansas loses to ULM, why do I have a gut feeling that they'll only drop from 8th to about 10th or 11th in next week's poll?

They should drop more. It's rumored Tyler Wilson broke his collarbone.

They should indeed drop more, but it seems like SEC teams get sympathy votes more than any other conference.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Arkansas loses to ULM, why do I have a gut feeling that they'll only drop from 8th to about 10th or 11th in next week's poll?

They should drop more. It's rumored Tyler Wilson broke his collarbone.

They should indeed drop more, but it seems like SEC teams get sympathy votes more than any other conference.

Sympathy votes tend to get cancelled out by "LOL they lost to a Sun Belt team at semi-home" and "GOOD GOD THEIR BACKUP QB SUCKS!"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So...

2007 all over again?

2007 all over again.

EDIT-Good Lord Nebraska-Wisconsin is going to be a tirefire. No wonder they need special crappy uniforms.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Soooo.... first Alabama, now Arkansas. ULM will probably never be on an SEC schedule again.

They got Auburn next week.

Today, we are all otaku.

OK State has experienced a 58 point swing from last week at the half! I tuned into the game, Arizona was down 14-0, and I was just thinking, great same old Cats. However they took it right to them, forcing turnovers and stuffing them in short yardage, and lead 23-14 at half. Definitely crossing my fingers the score holds up!

Also, unfortunately for the Illini fans on this board Sparky is forking Illinois 28-7 at half.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Soooo.... first Alabama, now Arkansas. ULM will probably never be on an SEC schedule again. Also, the phrase "SEC depth" is hereby banned from college football for life.

Because of one game, in which the starting QB was knocked out, and also went to OT? Interesting.

Rich Rodriguez IS BACK BITCHES!!!

Today, we are all otaku.

Rich Rodriguez IS BACK BITCHES!!!

2 straight seasons of beatdowns to OK State made me think the Cats didn't have a chance in this one. KaDeem Carey and Matt Scott owned their D after being down 14-0, and the defense was opportunistic when it needed to be. Maybe I am a little more happy then I should be, but its nice to see a statement like this after the best 2 wins last year were against an underachieving archrival and a mediocre UCLA team. Provided we win next week vs South Carolina State were halfway to a bowl!

Definitely an interesting day/week for the Pac with Zona, ASSU, Oregon State, and UCLA coming up with huge wins, while Utah, Colorado, and Washington had serious faceplants.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

As much as I want to give credit to the pac-12, I think this is more the fact that they played very overrated teams. Wisconsin is terrible, Ok State learned that playing Savannah State does not help your team at all. UCLA might be legit, but it's UCLA and it's NEbraska. Who the hell knows with those two teams.

Also, I'm tired of people saying Oregon won handily. We played terrible, and I'm genuinely a bit concerned.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived