2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nebraska assures you that Generalissimo Franco is still alive. Probably. ESPN does kind of suck at this whole "journalism" thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm quite impressed with the Florida performance tonight. This was the biggest game played at Neyland in a number of years, and the early tenor of the game reflected that.

I hadn't seen this many big plays from a Florida offense since Tebow's final season. 24 unanswered to effectively put the game out of reach.

spacer.png

LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida State are left on the schedule. Fortunately, on the FSU game is on the road.

And the SEC Championship, if they do make it that far. That would be against LSU (again) or, more likely, Alabama.

This team isn't winning the National Championship. The biggest thing this season is to improve on that 3-5 SEC record from 2011, and 7-6 record overall. I would be totally content with a 9-3 type season. Muschamp has shown to be an excellent recruiter, but we need to see how much further he can take the on-field product, and especially if they can get their damn act together with penalties - very undisciplined team, even if it hasn't hurt them badly yet.

Speaking of Alabama - I fear that, as long as Saban is HC there, they may never give up points on defense ever again. We already know they'll never lose again.

spacer.png

Florida's doing very good since the win against Texas A&M. My only question is the QB play and will they carry their success throughout the season. Teddy Bridgwater had another great game and has not suffered the sophomore slump just yet. Louisville's defense however is awful during the 2nd half and needs improvement ASAP. If the defense improves, Louisville can win their conference easily.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived