2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm down y'all. USC can still win the nat'l title. One-loss teams usually seem to creep in, so long as they win their conference or are in the SEC.

It'll be hard to stop Oregon.

Twice

FWIW, Both games vs. Oregon will be at home if USC runs the table from here.

6uXNWAo.png

Seriously. I am going to find whoever keeps sacrificing the Indiana football team's success in a preseason voodoo ritual to gain basketball success, and I am going to HARM this person.

/It's AD Fred Glass.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cujo, man your Buffs have hit rock bottom. Getting creamed 48-7 to Fresno St!(Now its 62-7)

It was a 69-14 final.

Looking ahead, for Colorado's sake, I'm an now rooting for a winless season so CU is cornered into sh1tcanning Embree. Dude looks so fukcing lost out there. I wish they'd just let him go tonight.

6uXNWAo.png

Calm down y'all. USC can still win the nat'l title. One-loss teams usually seem to creep in, so long as they win their conference or are in the SEC.

It won't matter ,because we're going to lose to Arizona.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

God, I really, really hope your right.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

God, I really, really hope your right.

We match up really badly with them. I think their offense is going to put up serious numbers on us. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, but we can't commit 12 penalties for 105yrds and expect to win games (unless you're playing Tennessee Tech).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow. Utah and BYU. Strangest ending in a long time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

With USC losing, does that mean there would be an increased chance that LSU and Bama will play in the national championship again?

Far too early for that kind of talk, man. It's only week three. Plus, there are other teams still up there that can pass either team should they falter (not to mention that LSU and Alabama do play each other, so you know one of those two will fall)

Now, some musings from yesterday's action...

-Boy, the Sun Belt sure loves picking off some SEC teams, don't they? UL-Monroe nearly got Auburn (BTW, I'd be scared crapless if I'm Baylor right now knowing they're going to ULM on Friday Night) and Western Kentucky stunned Kentucky with a two point conversion in overtime. Um, what's that saying again... 'They Supposed to be SEC?'

-Congrats to Bill O'Brien and the Penn State team for winning their first game. I hope that it's the first of many wins for them... It'll help in the healing process.

-Anybody order some BBQ Razorback? That was freaking ugly!

-BTW, Wyoming: Your shipment of fail has arrived via Pony Express

AP Top 25:

1 Alabama 3-0

2 LSU 3-0

3 Oregon 3-0

4 Florida State 3-0

5 Georgia 3-0

6 Oklahoma 2-0

7 South Carolina 3-0

8 West Virginia 2-0

9 Stanford 3-0

10 Clemson 3-0

11 Notre Dame 3-0

12 Texas 3-0

13 USC 2-1

14 Florida 3-0

15 Kansas State 3-0

16 Ohio State 3-0

17 TCU 2-0

18 Michigan 2-1

19 UCLA 3-0

20 Louisville 3-0

21 Michigan State 2-1

22 Arizona 3-0

23 Miss. State 3-0

24 Boise State 1-1

25 Nebraska 2-1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

There is a very real possibility that Florida State or Oklahoma could sneak in the BCS title game depending on the outcome of the LSU-Bama and USC-UO games. Seeing Stanford and Notre Dame at #9 and #11 respectively makes them both overrated. I would love to see the Irish make a BCS bowl game, but it's still early in the season.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived