2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Playoffs? Awesome. But how they determine who gets those 4 spots and what corruption/madness will ensue over them?

College football, woot!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoffs? Awesome. But how they determine who gets those 4 spots and what corruption/madness will ensue over them?

It'll be done by a selection committee.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ah, there's the rub I was looking for.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So the 4 teams will be picked by a selection committee and not necessarily be the top 4 team.

I wonder how long until two teams from the same conference make it and people starting crying foul.

With a 4 team playoff I'd be fine with two teams from the same conference making it and think it would happen fairly often. As long as they don't play each other in the first round, of course. That way it still gives Oklahoma state it whoever it is that year a chance to beat them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So the 4 teams will be picked by a selection committee and not necessarily be the top 4 team.

I wonder how long until two teams from the same conference make it and people starting crying foul.

With a 4 team playoff I'd be fine with two teams from the same conference making it and think it would happen fairly often. As long as they don't play each other in the first round, of course. That way it still gives Oklahoma state it whoever it is that year a chance to beat them.

Are you kidding? I want this to happen. Often.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Agreed. I think it's better than having two teams from the same conference play each other in the championship game. I wouldn't be suprised if they somehow make the seeding work out that way.

College football, woot!

The corruption already exists and will be exacerbated in that the conference commissioners will tout the additional revenue, but the labor will not receive any of the money outside of a gaming system, gift card, or other trinket.

Agreed. I think it's better than having two teams from the same conference play each other in the championship game. I wouldn't be suprised if they somehow make the seeding work out that way.

Well, if two teams from the same conference don't play each other in the first round, and they both win...guess what the championship game will be...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I guess it's just me, but I'd rather not see two teams play in a conference championship game then a playoff game back to back. Put them in different semi games and if they happen to meet for the national championship then that conference just had the two best teams that year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So... Mike Slive, Nick Saban, Jim Delaney, and who else?

Paul Finebaum?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If ESPN has it their way it will be USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and either Alabama or Texas every year.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Notre Dame still has one of the biggest fanbases in the entire nation. Ratings, man...ratings.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived