2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Notre Dame would have to do is finish in the top 12 to get a playoff berth.

Unless ND wants to play every cupcake, they won't get to be in a playoff because of their games against USC, Michigan, and many others.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Unless ND wants to play every cupcake, they won't get to be in a playoff because of their games against USC, Michigan, and many others.

I was exaggerating, but since there's a special clause for Notre Dame in the BCS that if they finish in the Top 8 they get a BCS game, I'm going to assume there's going to be one in the playoff format. It's all about making money.

I was exaggerating, but since there's a special clause for Notre Dame in the BCS that if they finish in the Top 8 they get a BCS game, I'm going to assume there's going to be one in the playoff format. It's all about making money.

Hopefully they don't because that way ND can join a conference like everybody else and will even the playing field, but that is my opinion.

Oh you better believe that all the "so self-righteous their unborn grandkids will do no wrong, nose stuck so high off in the air they can sniff the stratosphere, stick stuck so far up their ass if they sat on it and rotated they'd screw a hole straight through the top of their brain" alumni and boosters imbedded within Notre Dame's fanbase will see to it that their Fighting Irish are eligible for whatever playoff sone way, somehow.

Because nobody...NOBODY?does it like Notre Dame.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh you better believe that all the "so self-righteous their unborn grandkids will do no wrong, nose stuck so high off in the air they can sniff the stratosphere, stick stuck so far up their ass if they sat on it and rotated they'd screw a hole straight through the top of their brain" alumni and boosters imbedded within Notre Dame's fanbase will see to it that their Fighting Irish are eligible for whatever playoff sone way, somehow.

Exactly! Cause Notre Dame is God's gift to College Football and everyone knows it.

Exactly! Cause Notre Dame is God's gift to College Football and everyone knows it.

And the most polarizing program in the country.

Some SEC people come very close, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Only because it's the truth.

Only because it's the truth.

Enjoy it while it lasts because no dynasties last forever.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I am very cynical. But I am not cynical enough to think they'll let ND into the playoff if they are undeserving...BCS games don't matter. These will and while the system to select will be flawed, the BCS-like standings will be used and ND won't be able to leapfrog into the tourney like they do the current BCS bowls.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am very cynical. But I am not cynical enough to think they'll let ND into the playoff if they are undeserving...BCS games don't matter. These will and while the system to select will be flawed, the BCS-like standings will be used and ND won't be able to leapfrog into the tourney like they do the current BCS bowls.

I think you misunderstood what Buc was saying. He was saying that Notre Dame would fight for a special eligibility exemption like they currently have with the BCS, not that they would fight to have a guaranteed spot in the playoff every year.

I think you misunderstood what Buc was saying. He was saying that Notre Dame would fight for a special eligibility exemption like they currently have with the BCS, not that they would fight to have a guaranteed spot in the playoff every year.

We wouldn't have this discussion if they would join a conference; BE or Big XII are likely choices for ND.

He was able to keep his job through the Clarett scandal.

He really had nothing to do with the Clarett scandal. It was Clarett who wanted to leave early then got into all of his trouble after he left Ohio State

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Texas Tech hates The Longhorn Network, REALLY hates The Longhorn Network.

Which is ironic because last year when A&M decided to get out, Texas Tech had the Longhorns back.

That was different. Tech in that situation was in (slight) danger of being left behind in a "Big XII explodes" scenario, so they wanted to head off the explosion. I don't think Tech has necessarily ever been thrilled with the existence of Bevo TV.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Even if I wasn't raised a huge Boston College fan, I'd still hate those :censored: ers from South Bend.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived