New Schutt Helmet

andrewharrington

Didn't find anything about this after doing a search, but check out Schutt's new helmet design. The mask has a lacrosse feel to it, and maybe even a bit of the old 'cow catcher' for inspiration.

schutt-vengeance.jpg

ChicagoCARD%20(3).jpg

903.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Boy, that facemask is pretty bad. From a visual standpoint, it's a pretty big downgrade from their previous brand of helmets. Hopefully it's more protective when it comes to player safety.

So is it safe to say that the bizarre mask designs (both cage pattern and clip locations) have more to do with branding (like the Rawlings cool-flo batting helmet) and less to do with any kind of functional benefit over the "traditional" style?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wore a schutt dna all last year, schutt make good helmets. Who cares what it looks like? If it protects you from head injuries then that's good enough for me.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I wore a schutt dna all last year, schutt make good helmets. Who cares what it looks like? If it protects you from head injuries then that's good enough for me.

Understand, no helmet prevents concussions...not to get off topic but they aren't designed to there designed to prevent skull fractures and facial injuries. I do like there DNA's but I prefer Riddell and the Speed

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Wow. Did they really list "intimidating design" as one of the helmet's attributes? Has there ever been a football player in the history of the sport that has been intimidated by an opponent's helmet design?

"I can't play today, coach...the other team's helmets are way too scary!"

Wow. Did they really list "intimidating design" as one of the helmet's attributes? Has there ever been a football player in the history of the sport that has been intimidated by an opponent's helmet design?

"I can't play today, coach...the other team's helmets are way too scary!"

Honestly, 80% of things that are designed for the sports industry have probably had some combination of intimidating, tough, fast, cool or (insert similar adjective here) thrown about as a focus during the design process. It's more sad than anything.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived