New Schutt Helmet

andrewharrington

Wow. Did they really list "intimidating design" as one of the helmet's attributes? Has there ever been a football player in the history of the sport that has been intimidated by an opponent's helmet design?

This is pretty intimidating to look across from...

12532.jpg

As for the helmet. If the facemask wasn't so "abstract" and curved, I think it would be a much better appearing design...

There's nothing wrong with the shell itself but wow is that facemask awful. I wouldn't be shocked if they tailored their traditional masks for that helmet in time, because that looks awful. Even helmets with non-traditional shells, like the Riddell Revolution and Revolution Speed, are typically worn with facemasks that resemble a facemask with a traditional equivalent.

9up7jm.png

Like a lot of helmets recently, it seems over designed. Too much going on. It's like they don't even look at the possibility that there will be a variety of stripes and stickers that go on there. A helmet design can be cool and more subtle at the same time.

The ventilation slots in the back are better than the Speed in that they are more subtle and more towards the rear. Those Speed slots disrupt a lot of designs like the Pats and Vikings.

I'm not sure if I understand why the mask flares way up in the front like that. If it's extra protection it could also be built into the helmet itself. A slightly more bulbous front is not a big deal when safety is involved. Putting that into the mask just looks goofy.

Archived