Best goalie mask of all time?

johnnysama

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm personally very fond of my own goalie mask (though it's a stock paint job. Still very nice), but in terms of NHLers, I'm a huge fan of Patrick Roy's 1993 Montreal mask. Darren Pang's Chicago mask was a classic and looks fantastic. Corey Crawford's is similar to it last I saw. My favorite mask currently in the NHL is Henrik Lundqvist's

No images (on mobile), but a quick google image search is all it will take to find them

Manchester-City-icon.png

Has Cujo been mentioned yet? Always had some kickass masks.

curtis-joseph-toronto.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Cujo was mentioned twice on the first page...

I always liked Sean Burke's masks (he had a Whalers one that was mostly white, but I can't find good picture:

hfd-burke.jpg

Kirk McLean:

kirk-mclean-vancouver-canucks-signed-card-61487.jpg

Corey Hirsch:

53125798sn2.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

He has a Doc Oc mask now, but I loved Howie's mask last year (retired numbers on the speedometer)

mask.jpg

Brodeur and Cheevers are iconic in my mind, though.

I think Mike Smith's mask this year is clever (though certainly not in the "best of all time" category).

tumblr_lqrly8VX2F1qj5er8o1_500.jpg

can't see it very well here but i love this mask. i have one just like it. nordiques9192fisets.jpg

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

can't see it very well here but i loathe this mask. i have one just like it. nordiques9192fisets.jpg

If you loathe it why do you own one?

Also those metal-inspired masks Connor posted are awesome, seeing Eddie on anything is always great

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived