Winter Classic Ideas

TorinK29

I've decided to start with the match up that everyone would like to see. Toronto vs Detroit.

qint.png

I took some designs from the red wings past and put them in one jersey. For the maple leafs, I also took some designs from the past years (Mostly from the Arenas and St Pats though) and put them in one jersey. I hope we actually see this match up in the 2013 winter classic.

Thoughts?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Detroit has already done the single stripe across the middle, I doubt they'd go to that again. You might be on the right track with the DETROIT.

Replace the T with an old leafs logo, and that looks like a winner to me.

Remember to make the jerseys as different from one another as possible. Having similar stripes and similar socks wouldn't be wise for marketing and non-hockey fans

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

qintedited.png

Here it is with some changes.

Note: The Detroit jersey looked plain without the chest stripe, so I made the hem stripes match the arm stripes. I also didn't bother re-working the player models, maybe later.

That look for Detroit is exceedingly boring IMO. It just looks generic to me. Leafs look good, but you've got plain white on vintage white, which looks a little funny.

Also, check your shade of vintage white. There's way too much yellow in that.

That look for Detroit is exceedingly boring IMO. It just looks generic to me. Leafs look good, but you've got plain white on vintage white, which looks a little funny.

Also, check your shade of vintage white. There's way too much yellow in that.

qintjustt.png

How's this?

Any ideas on how to make the Red Wings jersey more interesting?

I actually really like that Leafs jersey. It looks like something they'd use, too. Go with that sand color from the blackhawks, because the Leafs probably would use vintage white for a winter classic. Oh, and laceup collars on everything. It's not a winter classic without laceup collars lol

I like your Detroit jersey, too. It's bland, but the Red Wings have made bland their thing for decades. Definitely put the winged-wheel on the shoulders, they insisted on doing that the last time, they'll do it again. I honestly think we'll see something like the 1934-61 white jersey, but with vintage white, but don't let that hold you back. Think fauxback. Make mesh some things together. I don't think they'd remind people that they were the Cougars or Falcons (which is why they had the winged-wheel on the D jerseys last time), but they might use one of those patterns...or something like it. Think outside the box! You have one awesome Leafs concept up there, see if you can match that level with the Wings!

I actually really like that Leafs jersey. It looks like something they'd use, too. Go with that sand color from the blackhawks, because the Leafs probably would use vintage white for a winter classic. Oh, and laceup collars on everything. It's not a winter classic without laceup collars lol

I like your Detroit jersey, too. It's bland, but the Red Wings have made bland their thing for decades. Definitely put the winged-wheel on the shoulders, they insisted on doing that the last time, they'll do it again. I honestly think we'll see something like the 1934-61 white jersey, but with vintage white, but don't let that hold you back. Think fauxback. Make mesh some things together. I don't think they'd remind people that they were the Cougars or Falcons (which is why they had the winged-wheel on the D jerseys last time), but they might use one of those patterns...or something like it. Think outside the box! You have one awesome Leafs concept up there, see if you can match that level with the Wings!

Thanks!

BTW. I tried the sand colour with the Leafs jersey, but it looked a little too dark for my tastes.

quintjustd.png

I edited the front with some elements from the Falcons. I also put the primary logo as the shoulder patch and added TV numbers.

Note: The stripes at the top could be on the back as well. It was too much work with the NOB though.

Is this better or worse than the original?

At the waist, there are 5 stripes (I'm counting the bottom) cut that down to 3 or 2 with the bottom being coloured (like now if you get what I mean). make them the same width as the ones on the chest. Also, there's no reason for the "C" to be on the left. They only have it there now because of the logo.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

At the waist, there are 5 stripes (I'm counting the bottom) cut that down to 3 or 2 with the bottom being coloured (like now if you get what I mean). make them the same width as the ones on the chest. Also, there's no reason for the "C" to be on the left. They only have it there now because of the logo.

That may be so, but I think that the Wings have developed a unique look with the C on the left and I think that they should keep it that way.

qintjustd.png

Took out one of the hem stripes and modified the captains C

Wow, that's awesome. That seriously pops. Probably the best original Red Wings concept I've seen on here yet. Nice work! You should work on getting them back in modeled form like you did in the beginning, because I'd say these are finished.

I'm not digging the Habs. Their look is a classic, so it's hard to come up with a fauxback idea, but there's nothing "retro" about this. You should look at one of their old, old identities and base something off of that.

I'm not digging the Habs. Their look is a classic, so it's hard to come up with a fauxback idea, but there's nothing "retro" about this. You should look at one of their old, old identities and base something off of that.

It's actually based off of their 1935-38 white uniforms.

It's actually based off of their 1935-38 white uniforms.

I'd go with an old logo then and not the new one.

Archived