Posters you had in your room growing up

Dexter Morgan

s-seancasey1.jpg

Yes, I had a poster of Sean Casey. He even looks big and slow on his poster.

My dad gave me a copy of this Sports Illustrated and framed it

1029_large.jpg

Also

Football_Teams_fo4_large.jpg

But it was from 1994 so replace Titans and Ravens with Browns and Oilers

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great thread idea.

Looking at this thread has shown me how young some of you are, and how old I am. So here we go:

From 1971 until I went to college in 1982, I had this poster on my wall, a gift from my uncle and aunt after I spent the night at their house and watched this movie on the late show with them:

king-kong-poster-1933-granger.jpg

I then had for a few years in the early `70s a great Larry Csonka poster, which I believe I got thru Scholastic Books. He was pounding straight through a defensive line. Can't find the exact match.

My good friend gave me this one for Christmas:

kiss-poster.jpg

It was huge, about 4 ft. by 5 ft. and was on my wall for a few years.

Like many others, I had this one on the wall:

500x_berkeydeathstar.jpg

A freebie from the Star Wars soundtrack album, which I got for Christmas in 1977.

Finally, I got into NASL soccer. I collected three proof of purchases of Kix cereal and got a cool poster for free with all the NASL logos and an action shot, which I can't seem to find a digital copy of. And in 1980, after attending my one and only NASL game, I got this, which I still treasure:

ROWDIES.jpg

Of course, I had a bunch of other things on my walls. A smattering of "formal" stuff, and as one whole wall was a cork board, I put lots of stuff such as band flyers, my own artwork, articles, magazine clippings, etc. on that.

And I had a whole squadron of model planes and spaceships hanging from my ceiling by thread. :grin:

It is what it is.

ripken01cos-1.jpg This is one of the closest that I could find, Cal was kind of my idol in the great American pastime

5O05V45Z23m93o43ldbbk5f1b3aab31701846.jpg

Just replace Boston's, Washington's & The Islanders logos with what they had in 95 & of course, replace with Quebec with Colorado

nfllogos94nj-3.jpg

Yup had this with the supposed Jags helmet.

baltimoreravens.png

• 4 months later...

Archived