Miami Heat Concept

Fox

UPDATE 5/14/12

Well ever since I first saw the Heat wear Floridans throwback jerseys, I knew I had to make a concept like this. I used the current scripts and logo and also added teal into the mix, making them a primarily black and white team with a three-layer stripe of pink, teal, and orange. For the alternates, I showed three alternate options, while I only intend to have one. I personally think that the teal is the best looking one, followed by the pink, followed by the orange. I don't like the pink and orange ones as much because where pink and orange meet, there is some serious color bleeding.

Anyway, here's my take:

MiamiFloridansHeatFinal.png

C&C Please!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Well ever since I first saw the Heat wear Floridans throwback jerseys, I knew I had to make a concept like this. I used the current scripts and logo and also added teal into the mix, making them a primarily black and white team with a three-layer stripe of pink, teal, and orange. For the alternates, I showed three alternate options, while I only intend to have one. I personally think that the teal is the best looking one, followed by the pink, followed by the orange. I don't like the pink and orange ones as much because where pink and orange meet, there is some serious color bleeding.

Anyway, here's my take:

MiamiFloridansHeatFinal.png

C&C Please!

Seems a little to plain and generic to me; you might also want to consider changing the name on the front of the alternates; too many of them have Miami on it

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Honestly, I thought it was anything but generic, but I can't argue with a personal opinion. And if you read what I wrote above the concept, I don't intend on having three alternates, it was just to show what the options were.

I'm looking for both feedback as to how to improve the concept and which color alternate looks the best. I personally think teal, but I wanna hear from you guys too.

The first two look like Spurs uniforms to me. I think its the lack of red that is throwing this off for me. I do like the idea of the tri-color stripe. I think it might be a little too thick though. You might want to consider putting the stripe on the neckline and arms or on both sides of the jersey too give it a continuity.

hopefully didnt sound too rude in my comments; i do like the idea and styling, just the sleeve patterns an color look very bland, but i guess that is ok since this is an updating of an older look; have you considered possibly an outline around the numbers?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Sorry, but I don't think these colors really would work, for any NBA team. The Heat have one of the better identities in the league IMO, and I would consider this concept to be a downgrade. Those crazy-type uniform designs don't really work today, IMO.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• 3 months later...

Made an update for this a long time ago and forgot to post it. Oh well, here it is. Tried to tone down the craziness by making the color scheme black, red, and orange (great for the Heat IMO). I also got rid of the solid collar.

Even if these wouldn't work as a full time set for Miami, I think that they would look awesome as "special event" alternates.

MiamiHeatFloridansUpdate.png

C&C Please

Sorry, but I don't think these colors really would work, for any NBA team. The Heat have one of the better identities in the league IMO, and I would consider this concept to be a downgrade. Those crazy-type uniform designs don't really work today, IMO.

Nope, wouldn't ever work for any NBA team...

e04ylwkfdofkr2ctlerjov26s.gif

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah but how many of those colors ever featured on their uniforms?

Yeah but how many of those colors ever featured on their uniforms?

Different colors, but have you seen the hornets mardi gras uniforms?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Made an update for this a long time ago and forgot to post it. Oh well, here it is. Tried to tone down the craziness by making the color scheme black, red, and orange (great for the Heat IMO). I also got rid of the solid collar.

Even if these wouldn't work as a full time set for Miami, I think that they would look awesome as "special event" alternates.

MiamiHeatFloridansUpdate.png

C&C Please

1. I like the numbers over the wordmark like that. I agree with previous posters that there's a little too much space in between though, and I think there should be something more to differentiate the letters from numbers. I'm not sure that using different fonts would be the answer, but maybe varying the sizes more, or even making the wordmark one color and the number another (maybe make number black-orange-orange, but maybe try the wordmark red-white-white. Just a thought.

2. Try these on the wishbone template, or another more modern template.

3. It'll be hard to bring the side striping up on to the shoulder trim like that. Start it below, and make the whole trim part the outside color of the striping, like an extension or something. Or use a template that doesn't have trim there.

4. You may want to try to color in the middle of the side panel so that it's not the same color as the body, though that might defeat what you're trying to do, in which case forget it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I pretty much echo what BBTV said, but I'd also like to add that I think the orange and red should never touch. Too much bleeding into each other.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived