Representin' Obscure Teams

raysox

Oh man, I used to wear the hell out of my Watersmeet Nimrods shirt until I grew out of it. Had a nicer version of this logo

nimrod.jpg

Great shirt.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also got shirts of the Minnesota Pipers and Baltimore Hustlers of the ABA, both of which were purchased through Throwback Max.

I was looking at that site a while back and found just the coolest Minnesota Pipers t-shirt on sale. Went back to buy it a couple days later and it was gone. You must have gotten to it before me.

They still have one, though unlike the one I own, this one is only one-color: http://www.throwbackmax.com/html/minnesota_pipers.html

I am an Ambush "Kiel Center Inaugural Season 1994-1995" Pennant...I loved going to their games growing up

Other random items I have are a Dayton Bombers t-shirt, a Mississippi RiverKings jersey with the turtle dressed as a hunter with a shotgun, a Missouri/Show-Me Believes indoor football shirt, a St. Louis Swarm pennant and jersey (minor league basketball 1998-2000), a St. Paul Saints Irish Night t-shirt, Swing of the Quad Cities cap, and a Louisville Bats division champions shirt

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

You have no idea how jealous of you I am about that Pelicans cap. I've literally been looking for one for years and haven't been able to find one, other than a Japanese site that would charge me about $75. I did manage to find a Majestic Pelicans t-shirt, but it's a little worn and probably a bit too small.

I got them the Christmas after they wore them in 08, and I've never seen one since!

right now, sad to say, I don't have all that much in the way of obscurities...some money issues lately...anyway, a UW Whitewater football jersey (which I bought at a Warhawks game, and which fittingly bears no resemblance to UWW's actual jerseys) and a camouflage Lake Elsinore Storm cap. Suffice to say, the "have" list is much shorter than the wish list.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You have no idea how jealous of you I am about that Pelicans cap. I've literally been looking for one for years and haven't been able to find one, other than a Japanese site that would charge me about $75. I did manage to find a Majestic Pelicans t-shirt, but it's a little worn and probably a bit too small.

I got them the Christmas after they wore them in 08, and I've never seen one since!

Same here, got my StP cap the August after they wore them, at International Plaza (which was the only place I could find them)

Same here, got my StP cap the August after they wore them, at International Plaza (which was the only place I could find them)

This is the only place I've found it, and I can't justify paying that much for a cap.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cio-inc/item/10001896/

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

One more to add (for a team that never existed) -- a Baltimore Cardinals t-shirt from 1987 (when Bidwill flirted with Charm City before moving to Phoenix).

That one has seen some (relatively) recent action -- it was proudly worn when the Cardinals played the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Sadly, the game did not end as desired.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I've also got shirts of the Minnesota Pipers and Baltimore Hustlers of the ABA, both of which were purchased through Throwback Max.

I was looking at that site a while back and found just the coolest Minnesota Pipers t-shirt on sale. Went back to buy it a couple days later and it was gone. You must have gotten to it before me.

They still have one, though unlike the one I own, this one is only one-color: http://www.throwbackmax.com/html/minnesota_pipers.html

yeah, the one I was after was a black shirt with a distressed multicolor logo. a thousand times cooler than that grey one.

Untitled.png

One more to add (for a team that never existed) -- a Baltimore Cardinals t-shirt from 1987 (when Bidwill flirted with Charm City before moving to Phoenix).

I would love to see a picture of that one.

IIRC It was just the old Cards bird head with Baltimore across the top. I think the NFL put the kibosh on them quick...maybe a week after they showed up in stores.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Very few pre-WWII NFL teams had logos. Most of what you see ascribed to them was actually designed in the last decade or so.

I've seen some legit pre-war logos by looking through old game programs or photos. Which have had logos designed in the last decade?

FsQiF2W.png

Oh I once had almost all the USFL teams pennants...I rescued them from a smokey club basement. Then I got the brilliant idea to clean them...then I had a worthless pile of felt.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I have an early-2000s CSK VVS Samara (Russian Air Force) jersey. The player's name and number (Denis Ezhov; a guy who was drafted by the Sabres in 2003 but never cracked the NHL) adds to the obscurity.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Archived