TCU to unveil new graphic identity

gdu

I have spoken with 2 people who have seen it, but haven't seen it myself. The comments have all been positive, so that is encouraging. Anything you can share with us about it?

Just a real sleek, streamlined horned frog. Really the only way to describe it. They did a nice job. I think they are also adopting a darker purple.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have spoken with 2 people who have seen it, but haven't seen it myself. The comments have all been positive, so that is encouraging. Anything you can share with us about it?

Just a real sleek, streamlined horned frog. Really the only way to describe it. They did a nice job. I think they are also adopting a darker purple.

Is it the same general shape as the current frog? Face forward, sitting up, with just less detail?

The shade of purple worn by the football team will be the new purple worn by the entire athletic department.

I was going to post pics, but the colors are altered so much by most that you can't hardly tell the difference.

Here are some from the same camera, but I can't post direct links.

old, brighter purple: http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p556336348

new, darker pruple: http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p217332716

The new purple is unique to TCU.

Is it the same general shape as the current frog? Face forward, sitting up, with just less detail?

Sort of, a bit lower and sleeker. I know I just said that but it's really the only way I can describe it. It's a really good update IMO.

Just saw a picture of the new frog logo and if this is the one they go with, I am not impressed. I like the idea of making it look more like a horned frog, but this is not a step up from the current logo.

The frog I saw is one of 2 remaining choices. The other is more "frog-like" which I take means it looks closer to the current version. I suspect the more frog-like one is what we will end up with because of Coach Patterson's superstitions.

The frog I saw is one of 2 remaining choices. The other is more "frog-like" which I take means it looks closer to the current version. I suspect the more frog-like one is what we will end up with because of Coach Patterson's superstitions.

Was it paired with the arched TCU?

Was it paired with the arched TCU?

Nope.

Nevermind, the one I saw is the one they are going with.

Then you should try to explain it a little further... Please?

Kind of low-slung. Facing the viewer's right (frog's left). You see teh front arms, chest and tail. but not back legs. 3 toe nails on each foot. Very simple shading, like in this logo:

2661.gif

The one I saw is the 2-color version (white outline on purple), but I understand there may be a full color version.

Kind of low-slung. Facing the viewer's right (frog's left). You see teh front arms, chest and tail. but not back legs. 3 toe nails on each foot. Very simple shading, like in this logo:

2661.gif

The one I saw is the 2-color version (white outline on purple), but I understand there may be a full color version.

Thanks, gdu.

2661.gif

So, what was the other?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

2661.gif

So, what was the other?

I never saw the other.

2661.gif

Think I know which one that might be.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived