Indiana (polis)

aph7824

INDIANA: (INDIANAPOLIS)

For the Indiana pacers I took cues from michael weinstein. I really wanted to make it seem like the stylized "P" was a race track. And that the ball was in motion. The Pacers are obviously named after the big racing community in Indianapolis... and thought that trying to make it seem like a track would be fitting.

Indiana Pacers:

pacers2.jpg

For the colts, I didn't wanna mess it up. If it's not broken, don't fix it. But IF I had to change it, I would add a colt in the middle of the actual horseshoe. Still keeping the branding that they have had since the beginning with a little added touch.

Indianapolis Colts:

colts-1.jpg

If you noticed the first comment, my original post was confusing.... So I decided to redo the entire post to only include indianapolis. I was going to have a multi city thread.

Anyways, that kind of threw me off... And I forgot to add CC.

CC PLEASE.

First off, bumping a thread after 1 hour isn't a good idea.

Secondly, to quote you,

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Maybe what they're trying to say is add more detail to title of the thread. i.e. "Pacers and Colts concepts" In the details section you could add "multiple cities and sports concepts" or something to that effect.

To others: I'm not sure alpha was bumping his thread, maybe he was saying to provide C&C while letting him know to clarify the post title.

So here's my C&C:

PACERS:

- It's a good start to a concept. I like the open P, and the idea of making the P a race track.

Though, I don't really get race track vibe with the P logo. Maybe add another line to it?

- The ball might be better served inside the P.

- The line doesn't look right to me that thick or solid. With the combination of the basketball and the line it looks like a paddle.

Suggestions/Improvements: Put the basketball inside the P, eliminate the thick line and make a few lines as if the wind was behind the ball. I know this might seem like what they have now, but sometimes the most effective changes are very subtle changes. I wouldn't change your open P, though except for that added line, I also might suggest making a half basketball and then have some gold and blue lines to make it look like the ball is in motion.

Good start, just keep working and see what you get. :)

COLTS:

- First I like the Colt inside the "U" as a primary logo option.

Though I'm not sure I see it as being the helmet logo. I think the blue horse shoe by itself is fine.

-Second the white outline on blue background doesn't do it for me. I prefer the one on the right - the white background.

- The colt looks good, but the bottom is bugging me. It's too wide - it makes look like the statue on the end of the boat or whatever they call it.

I'm not sure it's necessary to fill in the full horseshoe with the colt. A full-bodied colt running though the horseshoe might work better. If nothing else, the Colt head maybe in the horseshoe. Also at the bottom of the colt's body in the horseshoe the outline of the body creates another "u" shape - tweak that so it doesn't give the double "u" appearance.

A few tweaks and you could be onto something.

Maybe what they're trying to say is add more detail to title of the thread. i.e. "Pacers and Colts concepts" In the details section you could add "multiple cities and sports concepts" or something to that effect.

To others: I'm not sure alpha was bumping his thread, maybe he was saying to provide C&C while letting him know to clarify the post title.

So here's my C&C:

PACERS:

- It's a good start to a concept. I like the open P, and the idea of making the P a race track.

Though, I don't really get race track vibe with the P logo. Maybe add another line to it?

- The ball might be better served inside the P.

- The line doesn't look right to me that thick or solid. With the combination of the basketball and the line it looks like a paddle.

Suggestions/Improvements: Put the basketball inside the P, eliminate the thick line and make a few lines as if the wind was behind the ball. I know this might seem like what they have now, but sometimes the most effective changes are very subtle changes. I wouldn't change your open P, though except for that added line, I also might suggest making a half basketball and then have some gold and blue lines to make it look like the ball is in motion.

Good start, just keep working and see what you get. :)

COLTS:

- First I like the Colt inside the "U" as a primary logo option.

Though I'm not sure I see it as being the helmet logo. I think the blue horse shoe by itself is fine.

-Second the white outline on blue background doesn't do it for me. I prefer the one on the right - the white background.

- The colt looks good, but the bottom is bugging me. It's too wide - it makes look like the statue on the end of the boat or whatever they call it.

I'm not sure it's necessary to fill in the full horseshoe with the colt. A full-bodied colt running though the horseshoe might work better. If nothing else, the Colt head maybe in the horseshoe. Also at the bottom of the colt's body in the horseshoe the outline of the body creates another "u" shape - tweak that so it doesn't give the double "u" appearance.

A few tweaks and you could be onto something.

I really want to thank you for this. This was full of insight and help to guide me into creating something. I'm going to work on it a little more now. Often times people will throw out one liners that don't really help. Your thorough C & C is much appreciated! Let me know what you think of the cleveland cavaliers logo I'm working on too :)

Archived