The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

nike-vapor-jet-glove-pro-bowl-atlanta-falcons-850x620.jpg

FINAL SAY...The left side/darker outline of the Falcons logo in this mini helmet is the same color as much of the outline in those Nike gloves (especially the "more gold" parts).

Save the two pictures and use Paint to compare. That's what I did. It's as good as argument as any.

!CEpzD5QEGk~$(KGrHqYOKkIE0YDfEyuyBNShg542Sw~~_3.JPG

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the added depth of the logo, but it it has so many things that are bugging me.

1. The left eye makes it look like it's squinting

2.The left ear is too small

3. The cyan that is supposed to separate the head from the shoulder looks like it was just plopped there for no purpose. It should be attached to the cyan near the ear

4.The lower distorted teeth and the upside down flacco manchu look terrible

5. The whiskers are too short

6. The triangular shape below the jaw is not curvy while the rest of the logo is.

Overall I'd say it's a small upgrade. Looks very comic bookish, and I think it will be dated pretty fast.

I disagree. I don't think it's going to look dated any quicker than the other one did. I kind of feel neither logos are that great to begin with, but I do feel this new one is better than the old one.

Can someone put the current and "new" Seahawks logos side-by-side please?

418973_10151232990905721_57460905720_22773442_1915059100_n.jpg

994.gif

Personally, I think people want to see changes, ergo, there are "clearly" changes...

But there aren't. Lighting creates a big part in this.

If we've learned anything from Nike, it's that they'll manipulate the s?h?i?t outta some lighting for the revelation of their products. See 2012 Rose Bowl Oregon Ducks uniforms.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Does that fade into old gold at the back top? If so, I've never noticed that.

While I think that would look pretty cool, there is no gold anywhere on that mini helmet. :D It's all silver. It's how the metallic silver reflects the light, giving it a gold hue.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

While I think that would look pretty cool, there is no gold anywhere on that mini helmet. :D It's all silver. It's how the metallic silver reflects the light, giving it a gold hue.

Don't forget that context matters - the relationship between the silver, red and black can fool your eye. The colors around an object alter how we see that object:

checkershadow.jpg

That's why I'm always very reluctant to read much into these photos, even if they weren't photoshopped.

The whole silver/gold argument is about the same effect that fooled some members of this board into believing that Air Force's alternate jerseys were tan when they were actually grey.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Can someone put the current and "new" Seahawks logos side-by-side please?

418973_10151232990905721_57460905720_22773442_1915059100_n.jpg

994.gif

Personally, I think people want to see changes, ergo, there are "clearly" changes...

But there aren't. Lighting creates a big part in this.

Folks....the logo has NOT changed, nor has the color. You are comparing textile color on the gloves vs the version of color use in print. Also, look closely to the current actual on field helmet logos and the fabric logo patch on the sleeves. They are lighter than the helmet color and jersey color. A bluish, silver tint. Don't compare it to the replica jerseys and other merchandise sold publicly. The changes coming are either a silver helmet and probably pants OR if they did change the primary color to that lighter shade of blue that people are claiming is different, it would be closer to a power blue on the jerseys. I don't see that happening but I also hate to see dark navy jerseys as they are almost black and their are to many teams in the league now using navy or black and primary colors.

Holy crap, people can really talk themselves into believing anything, can't they? How many times have we had this argument on these boards because a trick of photographic lighting made everybody go nuts? I can't count how many!

That is NOT gold. Period.

Yep. Just look at the right side of the logo. Still silver to me.

Holy crap, people can really talk themselves into believing anything, can't they? How many times have we had this argument on these boards because a trick of photographic lighting made everybody go nuts? I can't count how many!

That is NOT gold. Period.

Possibly, but it looks for like old gold to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll never argue that.

Folks....the logo has NOT changed, nor has the color. You are comparing textile color on the gloves vs the version of color use in print. Also, look closely to the current actual on field helmet logos and the fabric logo patch on the sleeves. They are lighter than the helmet color and jersey color. A bluish, silver tint. Don't compare it to the replica jerseys and other merchandise sold publicly. The changes coming are either a silver helmet and probably pants OR if they did change the primary color to that lighter shade of blue that people are claiming is different, it would be closer to a power blue on the jerseys. I don't see that happening but I also hate to see dark navy jerseys as they are almost black and their are to many teams in the league now using navy or black and primary colors.

Someone on these forums that is in the know already admitted that the 2012 Seahawks logo was getting only a tweak and not a change. I can't see anything else different that would justify this so-called tweaking except that the denim blue looks to be replaced with either silver or a new custom sliver/blue. That would explain his tweak comment.

Someone on these forums that is in the know already admitted that the 2012 Seahawks logo was getting only a tweak and not a change. I can't see anything else different that would justify this so-called tweaking except that the denim blue looks to be replaced with either silver or a new custom sliver/blue. That would explain his tweak comment.

I posted this on the other Nike/NFL thread but could the Seahawks be using a bluish-silver like the Cowboys used to use? It definitely doesn't look like standard silver to me.

%21CEpzD5QEGk%7E$%28KGrHqYOKkIE0YDfEyuyBNShg542Sw%7E%7E_3.JPG

This issue here is related to the color the Falcons use. It's this:

PLS_8001_C_SRGB.png

It is a "blended" metallic - combining 75% of 877 (Silver) with 25% of 874% which is a metallic Gold base ink.

The Patriots and Cowboys (pants used with Navy jerseys) also use this color in the NFL.

I posted this on the other Nike/NFL thread but could the Seahawks be using a bluish-silver like the Cowboys used to use? It definitely doesn't look like standard silver to me.

That's not Silver. The Seahawks don't use Silver.

I've been here for years and this is the first time I've ever seen a point blank ColorWerx bitch-smacking of a color debate.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

%21CEpzD5QEGk%7E$%28KGrHqYOKkIE0YDfEyuyBNShg542Sw%7E%7E_3.JPG

This issue here is related to the color the Falcons use. It's this:

PLS_8001_C_SRGB.png

It is a "blended" metallic - combining 75% of 877 (Silver) with 25% of 874% which is a metallic Gold base ink.

The Patriots and Cowboys (pants used with Navy jerseys) also use this color in the NFL.

That's not Silver. The Seahawks don't use Silver.

That is pretty cool, ColorWerx. Thank you. About the Seahawks, there is tons and I mean tons of talk about the them going to some sort of silver/grey/steel/ or a blue/silver hybrid look in 2012 to go along with their navy and green.

SIDE NOTE:

I guess this whole Falcons thing is on other forums too. Now I don't feel completely crazy, lol :wacko:

Possible Nike leak for NFL uniforms?

The gold is coming up on Facebook too. lol

2012 Pro Bowl Vapor Jet Gloves

So the grey outline on these gloves is fooling a lot of people (obviously including myself).

You guys kill me with the back and forth. The Seahawks is def Silver. Not because of the gloves, and cleats, or the clouds above, but because ive worked with all this stuff for quite a while, and it's Silver. The lighting in the loves has been altered, an is hard to clearly tell, but trust me guys, it's Silver.

Edit: Oh, and the Falcons outline is not Gold, everything I have seen has been as Colowerx noted, 8001 C.

Archived