The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

You guys kill me with the back and forth. The Seahawks is def Silver. Not because of the gloves, and cleats, or the clouds above, but because ive worked with all this stuff for quite a while, and it's Silver. The lighting in the loves has been altered, an is hard to clearly tell, but trust me guys, it's Silver.

Edit: Oh, and the Falcons outline is not Gold, everything I have seen has been as Colowerx noted, 8001 C.

Thank you, CDixonDesign. People on the radio up here wouldn't be talking about us switching to silver for no reason.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After staring at the new logo for a while I thought it would look a whole lot better if the chin just stopped right where chins are supposed to stop, if you catch my drift. Just erased part of a line and I think it solves at least one of the problems.

PostedImage-4.jpg

What do you guys think?

It's a huge improvement. If this were changed, along with a few other minor issues such as the weird forehead and random jaw stroke, it would be a much better logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Its hard to argue the upgrade/downgrade when the original is one of my least favorites. I, like many, appreciate the intent here. But I am really disappointed in Nike's work. Particularly that lower jaw horseshoe shape. Yikes. It doesn't fit, and it's not species specific either...like where did that come from? Boo!

I do like less silver. I don't mind the people's eyebrow. How frustrating.

No matter how you feel about this though? even strongly in the "pro" column? Let's not compare this to the Cards upgrade. Come on. That's PERFECTION. This, ain't that.

Not even close.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

i think the new Nike-Panthers logo is horrible. Maybe a few tweaks could be used, but not the mess that's been shown... it's surprising that Jerry Richardson would be open to changes with the logo. He was very involved in the original design (the NC/SC outline shape was very intentional), and has been against any changes to the overall look of the team's identity on the field. as for the helmet, there's always been a black helmet with the original design in the offices at 200 South Mint, just not for gameday. was looking forward to our paly on-field, just hate to think these are are new look, yuk.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

panther%2Blogo.png

Well, the word mark is a huge improvement, but it would almost have to have been.

Not sure how I feel about the lack of a key line, letting it blend into the backgrounds. It's not bad on the blue, but look at the black background - the small logos get totally lost as little blobs next to the word mark. Bad design.

I really like how there is no keyline when used on the black and blue backgrounds.

I don't. Unless Nike's big idea is to have the logo's features emerge from a black helmet (like the Cardinals concept), then it should be set off from its background or else it becomes a vague mess of strokes.

This board is also a vague mess of strokes.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Archived