The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

The new helmet has gotta look real close to this (give or take a stylish helmet stripe), or I'm going to be incredibly disappointed:

car_12.jpg

I hope this is what it is and I hope that they don't have a stripe at all. Making the logo blend into the black background then adding a stripe that would be totally contrasting wouldn't make sense together.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safe to say it won't be blue, as you lose some ear detail, etc. My first reaction upon seeing that logo sheet (on CBS of all places) was that I really like the black on black. It wouldn't work small, as noted above, and I think it will still work nicely on silver, too, but that black just really works with the new logo, at least for me. I guess in this HD world we live in, I like seeing extra outlines eliminated (Dodgers, etc.) And this logo is another nice example.

The absence of the white key line really bothered me, especially when placed on like backgrounds...

Wordmark is horrendous...

Oh, and you guys dont get worked up about the black helmets, as long as nothing more changes, I'm pretty sure we are going to see a silver one, much like what they run now...

Edit: Oh and not sure if anyone noticed, but with no outline, they have force themselves into two different logos, depending on backgrounds. On black, the right whiskers are blue, on blue the whiskers are black. So there are essentially two logos. Basic design rule completely broken there...

In regards to your edit: EXACTLY. That's why I HATE it. Plus on the black backwards there's just a bunch of rando lines. Awful.

The new helmet has gotta look real close to this (give or take a stylish helmet stripe), or I'm going to be incredibly disappointed:

car_12.jpg

Stay away from the ledges, don't buy rope, and switch to child proof scissors my friend.

Oh. Thanks a lot, Buzzkill! :P

If the Panthers are sticking with silver helmets, AHHH, what a missed oppertunity!

6uXNWAo.png

Yes, but "stealth" rather defeats the purpose of a logo.

That logo will look okay on the silver helmet but would be awful against black.

IMO, losing the keyline weakens the logo, but it enhances the brand.

Edit: Oh and not sure if anyone noticed, but with no outline, they have force themselves into two different logos, depending on backgrounds. On black, the right whiskers are blue, on blue the whiskers are black. So there are essentially two logos. Basic design rule completely broken there...

That's not really a design rule. I've seen many corporate brands that have ever-so-slightly different logos based upon the background color.

So wait...wait, wait...this forum, the forum that hates the color black, is all of a sudden wanting a team to employ a black helmet?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why does everyone keep ignoring the posts by the guy who has actually seen the new helmet? He said it's going to be silver.

Lol I know right.

Dudes, Cujo just posted a concept on what he thought it should look like. Cut the man a break.

I thought I read the whole thread... who said it is silver? No disrespect intended, just missed it. Figured it was silver anyway, but seeing that black looked nice. That's all I was saying.

On the wordmark... I'm a bit tired of the random notches. Los Angeles Avengers did it in 2000, I believe, but now we have Michigan State, the Lions, etc., so I really hope the Carolina numbers don't follow suit.

So wait...wait, wait...this forum, the forum that hates the color black, is all of a sudden wanting a team to employ a black helmet?

The difference between this and many cases is that the Panthers have always been a black team. If this was the 49ers or some other team that barely uses black or doesn't at all, you'd see all the hate we're used to.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived