The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

Wordmark is a HUGE improvement, although as others have said it couldn't really be anything else.

You know what, the new logo is growing on me as well, it IS an upgrade.

Also, as a Panthers fan, I definitely hope the silver helmets stay.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but "stealth" rather defeats the purpose of a logo.

That logo will look okay on the silver helmet but would be awful against black.

I agree, Stealth doesn't work, for example - Southern Utah

Not nearly close to the same thing. Sorry.

Not in actual execution, but in theory. Both logos disappear into the helmet (one for having no key lines, the other for colors. Neither will look or work from a distance. Both look weird and out of place and, lastly, both look unfinished.

Not in actual execution, but in theory. Both logos disappear into the helmet (one for having no key lines, the other for colors. Neither will look or work from a distance. Both look weird and out of place and, lastly, both look unfinished.

No. The contrast between the black and carolina blue of the Panthers is 10x the amount of contrast between the black and 90% black on the Southern Utah helmet... thus, in theory, the chances of it working are 10x greater.

You are correct, ghost printing a design on a helmet (SU, some of Oregon's helmets, etc) does not work. However, playing off of the logo's shadows and lighting could work... in theory.

The slash marks on the "A's" not matching up bothers the hell out of me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The contrast between the black and carolina blue of the Panthers is 10x the amount of contrast between the black and 90% black on the Southern Utah helmet... thus, in theory, the chances of it working are 10x greater.

I think you might want to check your math there - ten times zero is... what, exactly? :P

You can see it on the style sheet. The small black logos are completely unintelligible when placed on a black background. At any distance, the same would happen on a helmet. If they were to do that, it would be staggeringly bad design.

The contrast between the black and carolina blue of the Panthers is 10x the amount of contrast between the black and 90% black on the Southern Utah helmet... thus, in theory, the chances of it working are 10x greater.

I think you might want to check your math there - ten times zero is... what, exactly? :P

You can see it on the style sheet. The small black logos are completely unintelligible when placed on a black background. At any distance, the same would happen on a helmet. If they were to do that, it would be staggeringly bad design.

Haha... I'm not saying they should do this:

CP1.png

That would look awful... but I think this could work:

CP2.png

Maybe not with the logo in its current form, but if they had created the logo with more blue or slightly different lighting such as Fraser's concept, it could really be a great brand.

DT%20PANTHERS%20(0.00.00.00).png

It looks like the new logo is sleeker than the old one, but to me that doesn't mean it's really better than the old one.

Glad they're keeping their color scheme, however. That's the most important part, since I feared North America would lose the only black/electric blue based color scheme in professional sports. `

spacer.png

I am not feeling the wordmark at all. The Panthers went way too generic and ditched a really unique design.

As for the logo, I like the look of the Panther but the chin sucks and the whole thing needs an outline.

Overall Score B-

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

from looking at the logo guide, I believe the silver helmet will remain on from the logo in a small silver background

If they stick with the silver helmet that would be fine, but if they use this black helmet with the new logo it would look outstanding.

From GFB's post:

CP2.png

spacer.png

Im starring to love the new logo. The more electric blue the better. That is my favorite color and it really makes the Panthers stand out on the field. I cant wait to see what the jerseys look like. I wonder if they are going with the blue or black for the home jerserys.

Archived