DeFrank

The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

Good lord no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't mess with perfection. The logo was grea. It popped against the silver.

Please Nike, leave well enough alone

Members who've seen the set swear the helmet will be silver.

Correct me if I'm wrong but only one member who has actually seen the design said the helmet was staying silver but "only if something hadn't changed" implying there was a chance it may not be silver (no matter how slight of a chance it's still a chance. Trust me I'm not naive enough to expect anything other than a silver one, just saying.) Everyone else saying the helmet would be silver was basing that off the fact that there was a small grey box under dark backgrounds with the logo in it. So not that I don't trust the member in the know ( CDixion I believe) but I am waiting until there is a chorus of confirmations or an official announcement.

I believe Showtime also stated that the color wasn't changing.

Color not changing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but only one member who has actually seen the design said the helmet was staying silver but "only if something hadn't changed" implying there was a chance it may not be silver (no matter how slight of a chance it's still a chance. Trust me I'm not naive enough to expect anything other than a silver one, just saying.) Everyone else saying the helmet would be silver was basing that off the fact that there was a small grey box under dark backgrounds with the logo in it. So not that I don't trust the member in the know ( CDixion I believe) but I am waiting until there is a chorus of confirmations or an official announcement.

Color not changing.

Good. (hopefully, those stripes, though...)

You don't mess with perfection. The logo was grea. It popped against the silver.

Why are people saying this is Nike's fault, Nike does not make changes to the logo.

Why are people saying this is Nike's fault, Nike does not make changes to the logo.

I'm not sure if Nike did this logo (My guess is that they did design this logo, maybe CDixon can tell us if Nike was behind the logo), but they have done logos for NFL teams in the past. Namely, the Broncos current logo.

Are you really implying the previous logo was perfection? Far from it. And, what exactly prevents this one from "popping" against the silver anymore than the old one? They have the same colors.

And I believe it was stated this logo was done by NFL Properties. Nike had nothing to do with it.

Color not changing.

Good. (hopefully, those stripes, though...)

Correct.

* I meant Incorrect. NOT changing stripes.

They're ditching the helmet stripes? That was their lone unique feature... Their long 'tail' stripe stood out against the ravens/titans streaks. So now what.

I really think they should rethink not having a keyline ever, though. This logo is going to be on a lot of web pages, and naturally will have to be at a small size. At such a size, it's just going to look like a blob of something without a white or dark keyline to show the boundaries of the logo. I guess what I don't get is why don't they just authorize the silver and/or white keyline versions for print usage:

screenshotat20120130131.png

That helmet stripe was really, really ugly.... like a bootleg version of the Ravens/Titans stripe.

That helmet stripe was really, really ugly.... like a bootleg version of the Ravens/Titans stripe.

Yet they preceded both franchises use of that stripe. That was their NFL "innovation" if you will.

They're ditching the helmet stripes? That was their lone unique feature... Their long 'tail' stripe stood out against the ravens/titans streaks. So now what.

I am sorry. I meant incorrect. They are NOT ditching the helmet stripes.

I wonder how much longer it will be until we can see the whole uniform. From what it sounds like, not too much is changing outside the logo. The helmet sounds identical.

I am sorry. I meant incorrect. They are NOT ditching the helmet stripes.

Ok, excellent! Thanks Showtime.

I do think an electric blue or black helmet would have looked neat, and would have shown off that "dimensional" effect or w/e they were talking about. (Although the Broncos would still be first to have a logo that "merges" into the helmet's color.)

I wonder how much longer it will be until we can see the whole uniform. From what it sounds like, not too much is changing outside the logo. The helmet sounds identical.

All the new Nike uniforms are suppose to be released sometime in April, around the time of the 2012 Draft.

All the new Nike uniforms are suppose to be released sometime in April, around the time of the 2012 Draft.

Cool, sounds good.

I've never felt the Panthers had bad uniforms, and I actually applaud them for going this long without changing them. (It seems expansion franchises have a history of quick and frequent uniform changes.) But, as someone else mentioned, I do think they could revamp them to better show off their true colors. They're one of the few teams that should be wearing more black, and I really thought a black or blue helmet would have been the way to go. But, I guess not.

I do think an electric blue or black helmet would have looked neat, and would have shown off that "dimensional" effect or w/e they were talking about. (Although the Broncos would still be first to have a logo that "merges" into the helmet's color.)

Wouldn't the Jaguars be the first? Their logo blends into the helmet color and it came a year or two before the Broncos current helmet.