DeFrank

The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

I do think an electric blue or black helmet would have looked neat, and would have shown off that "dimensional" effect or w/e they were talking about. (Although the Broncos would still be first to have a logo that "merges" into the helmet's color.)

Wouldn't the Jaguars be the first? Their logo blends into the helmet color and it came a year or two before the Broncos current helmet.

Eh, might have been. I don't recall for sure.

But the effect looks really nice with the Broncos, and after seeing how a black helmet would look with the new Panthers logo, I think it would look nice here, too. And it would be a good way to better show off the black, their primary color.

What? Their keeping those helmet stripes?!!? Fugggg. That's bad news.

Explain why? If they lost those and kept their current look they'd have one of the most dull uninventive uniform sets in the NFL.

Explain why? If they lost those and kept their current look they'd have one of the most dull uninventive uniform sets in the NFL.

Just because the stripes are "inventive" doesn't mean they're good. They're simply a case of new age design where they throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. I always disliked those stripes.

Because they look stupid and goofy. Cheap too. If a helmet stripe is the thing keeping you brand from becoming dull, there are some other problems with your set. They way they curve outwards is appauling. back and side view of the helmets terrible.

i still say flat black or matte helmet

How many reliable sources have to say otherwise before you can be convinced? :lol:

Because they look stupid and goofy. Cheap too. If a helmet stripe is the thing keeping you brand from becoming dull, there are some other problems with your set. They way they curve outwards is appauling. back and side view of the helmets terrible.

Consider Carolina lucky, they could end up with the VT-esque triangle halftone pattern... :lol:

120129_refined_inside.gif

Here's a bigger version of the new wordmark (last seen on Page 16, here again) off their official site. I could do without this one. Also, why does only one of the A's have the 3 claw marks?

Here's a bigger version of the new wordmark (last seen on Page 16, here again) off their official site. I could do without this one. Also, why does only one of the A's have the 3 claw marks?

who knows. more questions than solutions here man. the whole package is so poor.

I added the .svg to Wikipedia. Who knows if they'll keep it up or not, they seemed to have issues when I uploaded the Blue Jays logo.

The old word mark is 100 times better than the new one. The old one was loud and had a sense of intimidation. The new says, blah and boring. The logo is a nice subtle upgrade.

I'm prety indifferent with the wordmarks. I don't really care for either. The old one was far too '90s, this new one is a lot more muted but more professional.

I guess maybe they thought 3 would be overkill, idk. The work mark isn't terrible, but it's a little borng.

I guess maybe they thought 3 would be overkill, idk. The work mark isn't terrible, but it's a little borng.

They are probably just doing it for the "Panthers" part of the name, not needing swipes in the location part.

It's probably because they'll be using the "Panthers" wordmark the most. My guess is that you will hardly ever see the "Carolina" wordmark.

You wanna know what's wrong with this otherwise well done upgrade to the wordmark? The "clawmarks" are at different levels on the A compared to the P, H, and R. THAT is just sloppy and lazy.

(Wow, people really don't like the Bengal stripes? Wouldn't seem natural without them.)

....anyway, I like the new panther. It'll give my old (and I use that word loosely) high school a new option.

NorthCrowley.jpg

GO PANTHERS!

You wanna know what's wrong with this otherwise well done upgrade to the wordmark? The "clawmarks" are at different levels on the A compared to the P, H, and R. THAT is just sloppy and lazy.

I don't really see that as a design flaw, it's just the font choice and there's no way to fix it while still keeping the same typeface. Actually, I think if the crosbar( for lack of better word) on the A was move up to make the "claw marks" line up it would look kind of ridiculous.

(Wow, people really don't like the Bengal stripes? Wouldn't seem natural without them.)

....anyway, I like the new panther. It'll give my old (and I use that word loosely) high school a new option.

NorthCrowley.jpg

GO PANTHERS!

Howsabout this option: your old high school stops stealing logos and creates its own? :rolleyes:

Agree with what the other guy said. That's not sloppy at all. That's how the font is. And it is that way for a reason. If they were all at the same height it would look ridiculous.