The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

(Wow, people really don't like the Bengal stripes? Wouldn't seem natural without them.)

....anyway, I like the new panther. It'll give my old (and I use that word loosely) high school a new option.

NorthCrowley.jpg

GO PANTHERS!

Howsabout this option: your old high school stops stealing logos and creates its own? :rolleyes:

There's actually a story in that with a logo contest involved when I was a Freshman. But that's for another day.

Besides, how many high schools DON'T "steal" other teams' logos?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

120129_refined_inside.gif

Here's a bigger version of the new wordmark (last seen on Page 16, here again) off their official site. I could do without this one. Also, why does only one of the A's have the 3 claw marks?

You wanna know what's wrong with this otherwise well done upgrade to the wordmark? The "clawmarks" are at different levels on the A compared to the P, H, and R. THAT is just sloppy and lazy.

Agree with what the other guy said. That's not sloppy at all. That's how the font is. And it is that way for a reason. If they were all at the same height it would look ridiculous.

Can somebody explain to me why it's okay that the "Panthers" A has more than the "Carolina" A's?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

ive been witholding comment on the word mark, but its really only slightly better than the old. its better because it dosent look like it was written with a broken marker tip. that old one should be a classic example of what NOT to do for a professional team.

the new typeface isnt so bad. Im pretty sure its Trade Gothic Condensed Oblique. same as the Orlando Magic use in their marketing. its been altered of course with the spurs on the letters. its a really nice font family, but they managed to butcher it up real nice. the consistency from letter to letter is just so bad. if theres one flaw about the font that bothers me its the different heights of the cross bar from A to R to H. all different. thats tolerable in paragraphs and such, but drives me nuts in a word mark.

then you have those spurs going left, right, top bottom. but none on the T. some letters have the slashes in them, they're at different heights and that 3 slash A is just giving the finger to the rest of his letter buddies. it makes your eye jump around. its just very visually uncomfortable. its probably true that we'll just see "Panthers" most of the time but its really not much better and is certainly no excuse for poor unity and harmony through out.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

At the risk of going OT, lots of people stealing doesn't somehow magically make it right.

We have a ton of threads on this - look under "repurposing" and "theft". You might want to check them out.

I didn't say it made it right. Just happens.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

What? Their keeping those helmet stripes?!!? Fugggg. That's bad news.

Has that been officially confirmed? That was the one part of the uniforms that I was looking forward to seeing changed. I'll be kinda bummed if that's the case :/

Officially no, but somebody who seems to have knowledge said they're staying. There is always still a little hope they got rid of them. Please lord.

Has that been officially confirmed? That was the one part of the uniforms that I was looking forward to seeing changed. I'll be kinda bummed if that's the case :/

Officially no, but somebody who seems to have knowledge said they're staying. There is always still a little hope they got rid of them. Please lord.

Well if Nike has any input, I'm sure they'll change the stripes. The stripes frustrate me SOOOOOO BAD. they like get fatter and taper toward the back at the same time! Like the poor mans version of the ravens and titans stripes.

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2011/08/19/081911-NFL-Panthers-Cam-Newton-PI_20110819215751816_660_320.JPG

UGH!

Also is that the same font that Boise states been using recently?? Looks very similar IMO..

Well if Nike has any input, I'm sure they'll change the stripes. The stripes frustrate me SOOOOOO BAD. they like get fatter and taper toward the back at the same time! Like the poor mans version of the ravens and titans stripes.

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2011/08/19/081911-NFL-Panthers-Cam-Newton-PI_20110819215751816_660_320.JPG

UGH!

Also is that the same font that Boise states been using recently?? Looks very similar IMO..

i havent seen what BS is using but that typeface is Trade Gothic

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Good lord no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't mess with perfection. The logo was grea. It popped against the silver.

Please Nike, leave well enough alone

Why are people saying this is Nike's fault, Nike does not make changes to the logo.

Because people just hate on Nike because of their modern design in football and the fact that people do not like change.

spacer.png

Is the font an accurate indicator of what the numbers will look like? That's been the case for the Lions and Jaguars.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Is the font an accurate indicator of what the numbers will look like? That's been the case for the Lions and Jaguars.

You beat me to it, but I'll go on record right here and right now as straight-up guaranteeing that we'll be seeing new numbers somewhat if not entirely modeled along the lines of that new wordmark scriptmark textmark.

(And no, I have no inside info...but the clues are blatantly obvious.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Because people just hate on Nike because of their modern design in football and the fact that people do not like change.

No, and no.

Really? You of all people hate change or better yet you hate modern designs on traditional teams.

spacer.png

Archived